Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordan Hugill had an impressive pre-season with Norwich.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:30 pm

Jordan Hugill had an impressive pre-season with Norwich, to be fair though a lot of clubs strikers do including ours v lower leagues and then when it comes to their league hmmmm. Scored a few, by all accounts looked sharp but not had a look in so far.

He was omitted from Dean Smith’s squad against Hull, even with five subs, which makes you wonder if he fancies him and will be available

Re: Jordan Hugill had an impressive pre-season with Norwich.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:01 pm

He could be the experienced striker that has been talked about as potentially joining.

Not sure if Hugill would be an upgrade on what we have already though. Came one last season and done a job when we needed someone, but didn’t really set the world alight!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:04 pm

I think Hugill would be one of the best strikers at the club if he came here in my opinion

Well above Harris, Watters, Davies and Etete

Not just talking about goals but the nuisance he caused defenders during the game

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:58 pm

Hugill woikd be a cracking signing for us and he would also be a great example to etete. If he’s an available option we should go for it imho

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Hugill in this team and style would be a really good signing and the youngster we just signed would do well to learn from him.

Shame we can’t afford Hugill’s fee or wages as he could be the missing link for this team and he would certainly convert some these crosses that we’re firing in right now.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:37 pm

I'd like to see him back here, especially with these new players around him. I'd he's not in Norwich"s plans it would make complete sense. I also think that Drameh and Doyle would have been better off with us too as I can't see them getting significant game time, although tbh, I'm not bothered about them now.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:42 pm

I posted a few weeks back about Hugill, with our new style, we are creating alot more chances. Would be a no brainer for me

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:56 am

He would still our best striker if he was the only option we had coming in.

I would assume it is a no go from Norwich point of view. If they do not want to use him then they will want to sell as (I think) he is the last year of his contract.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:50 am

Wayne S wrote:He would still our best striker if he was the only option we had coming in.

I would assume it is a no go from Norwich point of view. If they do not want to use him then they will want to sell as (I think) he is the last year of his contract.

Think he’s on pretty good wages too.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:01 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:He would still our best striker if he was the only option we had coming in.

Nothing to lose by asking the question.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:02 pm

BC-CB wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Nothing to lose by asking the question.

Absolutely agree.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:17 pm

I think I’m in the minority but it’s a definite no from me. I much prefer our way of playing now rather than the direct route that Hugill’s game suits. He lacks pace, and apart from being decent in the air I didn’t actually think much of his hold up play either. And apart from a good first few games I thought he was poor.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I think I’m in the minority but it’s a definite no from me. I much prefer our way of playing now rather than the direct route that Hugill’s game suits. He lacks pace, and apart from being decent in the air I didn’t actually think much of his hold up play either. And apart from a good first few games I thought he was poor.

I actually don’t think the direct game suits Hugill as much as the current system.

He is good in the air but he’s even better on the floor and would be getting on the end of the endless supply of crosses we’re putting in, unlike our current forwards.

However, he will be too expensive so may as well forget him.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:07 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I think I’m in the minority but it’s a definite no from me. I much prefer our way of playing now rather than the direct route that Hugill’s game suits. He lacks pace, and apart from being decent in the air I didn’t actually think much of his hold up play either. And apart from a good first few games I thought he was poor.

I'm with you, he'd hold it up, but we want a McCormack type with pace who would play on the last man, and make the arced runs to get on the end of the midfield passes’.

I don't think Morison would want him this season.