Steve Morison: ‘ There is NO rush ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:35 pm

Steve Morison in no rush for new striker

Steve Morison has reiterated he won't rush into making any further signings this summer and has thrown his backing behind striker Max Watters following Saturday's 1-0 win over Birmingham City.

Max Watters is yet to find the net in three league outings for the Bluebirds this season, and missed a particularly good opportunity just before half-time.

Max Watters has scored one league goal in sixteen outings for the Bluebirds over all, but Morison believes in him and feels he will only get better.

Morison has already brought in striker Kion Etete on board this summer in a bid to strengthen his forward options, and Watters' perceived early struggles in finding the net have prompted some to question whether the Cardiff boss might well be in the market for another striker before the close of the month, yet Morison is far from looking for a new striker as he feels he has the strikers he needs now.

Steve Morison clearly felt compelled to come to the defence of Watters, who was withdrawn at half-time for Mark Harris due to illness.

STEVE MORISON:

"When you play as a forward, and I can tell you, I've played there hundreds of times, you worry when you're not getting chances.”

"If you're getting chances and don't put them in the back of the net, you dust down and you crack on. Max has been unbelievable today and he was because he nearly, nearly scored. If he had scored we'd all be waxing lyrical about him.”

"That's the fine margins. If someone comes out of the woodwork that we want to sign, we'll sign them. I'm not going to sign anyone as Ryan Lowe said, anyone for the sake of signing, just because you guys [the media] and the people around think we need an experienced striker."
Attachments
1E34E872-171E-46B7-9207-5BE471675998.jpeg
1E34E872-171E-46B7-9207-5BE471675998.jpeg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 6107 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Steve Morison: ‘ There is NO rush ‘

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:57 pm

I actually agree with SM's comments there; but I do wonder if there's a little protecting of what he has at his disposal currently?

No good knocking the confidence of his current forward(s) further than it might be already with nothing concrete to replace them with

Smart management either way in my book... :clap: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:09 pm

Sven wrote:I actually agree with SM's comments there; but I do wonder if there's a little protecting of what he has at his disposal currently?

No good knocking the confidence of his current forward(s) further than it might be already with nothing concrete to replace them with

Chris interview here, very interesting , negative reporters again

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewjames ... -4uO0tdBiU
Igovernor

Postby Sven » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:29 am

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:I actually agree with SM's comments there; but I do wonder if there's a little protecting of what he has at his disposal currently?

Rog, I missed the game itself and had to watch the taped version when I got home very late Saturday. I thought the team (emphasis on team) were immense and were even a step up from the Norwich game

Steve Morison has unearthed some absolute gems this summer and he has a squad that looks more 'together' than any I have seen in recent times; probably since Malky's historic side

I saw that video and the manager is bang on! :clap:

Sadly, I think an element of our attending media are (like some posters on here) constantly looking for the negative element rather than the clearly positive ones of beating (3 pts is 3 pts) a side that had started the season better than us at that point

Of course, as is constantly pointed out, it is early days yet and it remains to be seen whether we will have the momentum we all desire. However, the signs are currently mainly positive that we will hold our own this season

As for Max Watters, I have stated previously this season that I feel he is being unfairly vilified (even picked on) when, for me, it is clear he is working his socks off for the team and getting into positions that often go unrewarded not down to him

It is, of course, a game of opinions; but Steve Morison leaping to his player's defence after a very positive 'team' performance is the least I would expect and long may it contunue whilst certain elements seek to find the negative rather than highlight the positive
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:11 am

He does want a Striker, better to wait for a good really good one :thumbup:

I can imagine top teams Managers/Coaching setups that will have seen the game and style of play and be saying, yes lets send him to Cardiff, he will get chances and develop well there, it's a good standard and a great place to go and learn. :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby JulesK » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:49 pm

Sven, like you I cannot understand the flack MW is getting but this is Cardiff so we always have a scapegoat!!!! Anyway I took the opportunity to watch Max Saturday and although he didn't score ( bloody keeper ) he was pulling their defence all over the place making room for the playmakers. OK a striker is there for goals but he did a tremendous job Saturday
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:55 pm

JulesK wrote:Sven, like you I cannot understand the flack MW is getting but this is Cardiff so we always have a scapegoat!!!! Anyway I took the opportunity to watch Max Saturday and although he didn't score ( bloody keeper ) he was pulling their defence all over the place making room for the playmakers. OK a striker is there for goals but he did a tremendous job Saturday

This sums it up quite nicely :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Igovernor » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:13 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Rog, I missed the game itself and had to watch the taped version when I got home very late Saturday. I thought the team (emphasis on team) were immense and were even a step up from the Norwich game

Steve Morison has unearthed some absolute gems this summer and he has a squad that looks more 'together' than any I have seen in recent times; probably since Malky's historic side

I saw that video and the manager is bang on! :clap:

Sadly, I think an element of our attending media are (like some posters on here) constantly looking for the negative element rather than the clearly positive ones of beating (3 pts is 3 pts) a side that had started the season better than us at that point

Of course, as is constantly pointed out, it is early days yet and it remains to be seen whether we will have the momentum we all desire. However, the signs are currently mainly positive that we will hold our own this season

As for Max Watters, I have stated previously this season that I feel he is being unfairly vilified (even picked on) when, for me, it is clear he is working his socks off for the team and getting into positions that often go unrewarded not down to him

It is, of course, a game of opinions; but Steve Morison leaping to his player's defence after a very positive 'team' performance is the least I would expect and long may it contunue whilst certain elements seek to find the negative rather than highlight the positive

All very true Chris :thumbup:
Igovernor

Return to General Chat