Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help with parking at Bristol please

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:32 pm

Me and a friend are going to the Bristol game next Sunday, does anybody know a good place to park that's close to the stadium? Like a Hadfield/Bessemer Road equivalent?

My friend has a disabled badge too, so if anybody knows of any designated disabled parking it would be appreciated.

Re: Help with parking at Bristol please

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:36 pm

Also does anybody know the crack with the congestion charges? Like will we have to drive through them, and how does it work? Is it through an app or whatever? Cheers :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:56 pm

If u come off at Gordano services (think it’s J19)on m5, you won’t go into the congestion zone as you will skirt the city viaBedminster …..not sure able disabled parking as I used to park outside a friend house 10 mins from the ground

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:16 pm

Good train services from Cardiff.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:57 pm

Didn't think there were any congestion charges?

A "clean air zone" will be operating from November but can't find anything other than that?

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:21 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:Me and a friend are going to the Bristol game next Sunday, does anybody know a good place to park that's close to the stadium? Like a Hadfield/Bessemer Road equivalent?

My friend has a disabled badge too, so if anybody knows of any designated disabled parking it would be appreciated.

Have you heard of/tried the in-ter-net...? Type in Google...! ;)

On a more serious note, there is an industrial estate close by (not sure of name) that is used. Contact the club itself re Blue Badge parking but you may struggle to get a reserved spot this close to the game

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:49 am

Try the cricket club. Pre book u parking 5,10min walk in. Drop u friend off by the ground first.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:25 pm

Every time I’ve been I’ve parked on the industrial Est opposite the ground. Always easy free parking and 2 mins stroll across the road.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:28 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Every time I’ve been I’ve parked on the industrial Est opposite the ground. Always easy free parking and 2 mins stroll across the road.

Ok cheers mate :thumbup:

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:30 pm

Sven wrote:
Caerdydd12 wrote:Me and a friend are going to the Bristol game next Sunday, does anybody know a good place to park that's close to the stadium? Like a Hadfield/Bessemer Road equivalent?

Have you heard of/tried the in-ter-net...? Type in Google...! ;)

On a more serious note, there is an industrial estate close by (not sure of name) that is used. Contact the club itself re Blue Badge parking but you may struggle to get a reserved spot this close to the game

Hahahaha yes Sven I have been looking at Google maps. Just thought to ask you guys on here as I don't know which roads will be closed or whatever on match day

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:09 pm

Last year we parked for free 200m from the away turnstiles under Winterstoke Road which at this point becomes a flyer over at the junction of Marsh Road and Ashton Vale Road when you look at Google maps. You're also only 5 mins from the Portway that is the a4 out of Bristol to the m5. Also as it's a Sunday game less restrictions will apply as most will be Monday to friday .

Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:55 am

Ok nice one, will look into it