Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sala - Pilot told friend plane was dodgy

Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:00 pm

BBC has a recording of the pilot and it is horrifying. Link below to the page and there is a video to click onto to listen to him speak

Truly shocking stuff

LINK

- https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-62594529

The pilot of Emiliano Sala's plane told friends the aircraft was "dodgy" before the flight that killed the Argentine footballer, it can be revealed.

David Ibbotson is heard in exclusive audio obtained by the BBC saying "I'll be wearing my life jacket" on the journey from France to Wales.

He told a friend he heard a "bang" on a previous flight. The plane crashed into the English Channel in 2019.
A new podcast also reveals footage of the last time the pair were seen alive.
Sala had just become then Premier League side Cardiff City's £15m record signing from French club Nantes when the plane crashed into the English Channel.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sala - Pilot told friend plane was dodgy

Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:25 am

That really is horrifying.

It just gets worse and worse.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:20 am

A harrowing recording but

a) well done to the BBC for obtaining this and I hope the club are aware of it
b) I hope some who just say we should have paid up can now see why the club are fighting this. These men are grotesque, greedy vermin.

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:50 am

Makes the pilot looks even worse !!

If he had concerns he should never have flown. It’s why pilots go through a series if safety checks before any take off.

This certainly helps the club’s case in terms of insurance/liability.

This is far from over.

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:57 am

The pilot has the last say, he was in charge. He was not licensed to fly over open water or at night let alone in an aircraft which was a death trap. He lost his and another human being's life for what ? :cry:

Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:31 am

I recently binged the first 6 episodes and it highlights further how sad a situation this all has been. CCFC and Nantes should of split the money and put it in a charity in Salas name and used it as a platform to move on and also to highlight the tactics these charlatans use to make money out of players, very well made podcast and shocking at some of the things they've uncovered

Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:44 am

Another piece on it here published today that gives some more information:

https://nation.cymru/sport/emiliano-sala-dodgy-plane/

Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:13 pm

I don't suppose the the "friend" was David Henderson ????

Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:55 pm

Sala also had doubts about the plane - it begs the question why either of them went back on that plane. If I was ES I would have been getting back in touch with CCFC for a commercial flight if the ride over was that bad.

Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:48 pm

This is far from over. Hope the beeb haven't been sitting on this since before the court case as it's damning evidence.

Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:42 pm

This gets more and more horrifying.

That evidence has confirmed Ibbotson knew the plane was dodgy in advance, but he still decided to go ahead with the flight. It was also a stormy night and I think I remember reading there were some failed take off attempts before Ibbotson eventually got the plane to take off?

The flight should have clearly been aborted because of the state of the plane and the unsafe conditions, but Ibbotson was desperate to proceed. The question is why?

It was said Ibbotson was in severe debt and flew the plane under the original pilot, Dave Henderson's name. Ibbotson was colour blind and wasn't qualified to fly the plane at night, so he took the flight illegally.

I think Ibbotson must have been offered a payment to take the flight, possibly by Dave Henderson. That's the only explanation I can think of for Ibbotson being so desperate to proceed with the flight,getting offered a payment to help pay off his debts.

We did our bit, offering Sala a commercial plane, but Willie McKay and possibly Dave Henderson got involved, resulting in two men losing their lives with Sala, being the only innocent one caught amongst it all.

Hopefully, this new evidence will lead to further investigations. There is no way our club can be punished for this.

What a sad, horrifying event. I can only imagine how his family feels hearing this latest evidence. :(

Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:51 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:BBC has a recording of the pilot and it is horrifying. Link below to the page and there is a video to click onto to listen to him speak

Truly shocking stuff

LINK

- https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-62594529

The pilot of Emiliano Sala's plane told friends the aircraft was "dodgy" before the flight that killed the Argentine footballer, it can be revealed.

David Ibbotson is heard in exclusive audio obtained by the BBC saying "I'll be wearing my life jacket" on the journey from France to Wales.

He told a friend he heard a "bang" on a previous flight. The plane crashed into the English Channel in 2019.
A new podcast also reveals footage of the last time the pair were seen alive.
Sala had just become then Premier League side Cardiff City's £15m record signing from French club Nantes when the plane crashed into the English Channel.

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226

Here's the full BBC podcast on Ibbotson, it's terrible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0d1f1pj

Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:37 pm

why are WE still bangin on about this?

Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:11 pm

blueben33 wrote:why are WE still bangin on about this?

Because it's in the news or are we restricted to what subject people reply to? :old:

Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:12 pm

Why wouldn’t we?! Strange post

Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:26 pm

It's because WE are interested, Sherlock. Or should that be Skerloc?

Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:39 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

It's because WE are interested, Sherlock. Or should that be Skerloc?

This board at moment is loaded with these random posters ... 9 posts in 18mnths then makes silly statement.....:o

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:02 pm

I don't know where to start with that one.

It's a significant issue with our club at this current moment.

It's vital information that is now rightly in the public knowledge.

This is a football forum and this is a huge football story, as well as being a huge Cardiff City story and a huge news story.

It could be highly important for our forthcoming coming appeal to CAS over their recent verdict.

I seem to have reached the end of my argument.

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:30 pm

I don't believe you are actually asking that FFS!!!

Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:47 pm

?????

Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 pm

Awful moment , this is not going away, I don't think any club in this exceptional incident would pay up ..

If you buy a car and during in being exported to you and it doesn't arrive you don't pay do you ??

A lot of folk have responsibilities including the player himself however sad this is ..

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:48 pm

Something_Blue wrote:A harrowing recording but

b) I hope some who just say we should have paid up can now see why the club are fighting this. These men are grotesque, greedy vermin.

Totally agree with that.

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:08 am

KenilworthBluebird wrote:
Something_Blue wrote:A harrowing recording but

Totally agree with that.

I will second that.

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:20 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Sala also had doubts about the plane - it begs the question why either of them went back on that plane. If I was ES I would have been getting back in touch with CCFC for a commercial flight if the ride over was that bad.

I understood that Cardiff offered him a flight from Paris but he turned it down

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:26 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:Sala also had doubts about the plane - it begs the question why either of them went back on that plane. If I was ES I would have been getting back in touch with CCFC for a commercial flight if the ride over was that bad.

I understood that Cardiff offered him a flight from Paris but he turned it down

That is correct.