Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ATMOSPHERE WAS CRAP

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:30 am

i sang i screamed i stamped on my chair i screamed some more i tried to get us going but our fans are shit when it comes to singing and making noise, if we cant get an atmosphere against milwall then theres no hope,

i give up !

Re: ATMOSPHERE WAS CRAP

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 am

The problem is we have a lot of new fans, who seem more interested in eating food than watching and getting behind the team. It is worrying, cause the Atmosphere yesterday was very poor !

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:41 am

Until they swap the family stand with the opposite end it will always be crap in my opinion !

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:20 am

ristey1927 wrote:i sang i screamed i stamped on my chair i screamed some more i tried to get us going but our fans are shit when it comes to singing and making noise, if we cant get an atmosphere against milwall then theres no hope,

i give up !

The worst ever Atmosphere for a Millwall/Cardiff game, When the crowds were 2,000 it was 10 times yesterday, OUR NEW FANS JUST DONT WANT TO SING/CHANT/CLAP :evil:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:21 am

blue nile wrote:The problem is we have a lot of new fans, who seem more interested in eating food than watching and getting behind the team. It is worrying, cause the Atmosphere yesterday was very poor !

They ARE PATHETIC, NOT FANS AT ALL.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
blue nile wrote:The problem is we have a lot of new fans, who seem more interested in eating food than watching and getting behind the team. It is worrying, cause the Atmosphere yesterday was very poor !

I understand it's all about opinions but that is unbelieveable, perhaps we need a protest march against all these pathetic none fans.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:51 am

What a ridiculous post. 'crap fans', 'pathetic fans'.

You lot live in a time warp, like a bunch of sad old misfits longing for days of thuggery and violence. For the last week there's been nothing but talk of it.

The atmosphere was 'crap' because the game was 'crap', and the performance was 'crap'

23,000 home fans after 2 defeats, with half the team out, and a 12 noon kick off, was a wodefrful turn out.

The only thing that was 'crap' was the performance our the team.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:57 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I understand it's all about opinions but that is unbelieveable, perhaps we need a protest march against all these pathetic none fans.

:lol:
Sorry But I feel that people should cheer their team on and To Be honest if everyone just Sat there for 90 mins every game and that is the Future, then I would rather not go.

HOW IS IT UNBELIEVABLE, I FELL IN LOVE WITH CARDIFF CITY BECAUSE OFF OUR GREAT FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

i sit in the canton stand and to be fair they do try to sing thru out the games, but when the team ain't playing well there is alot of tension u can feel all the nerves around the stand, when we were in ninan park the team's that played there wasn't that good so there wasn't much tension so u just enjoyed yourself, i remember bouncing around when we were losing 3 nil just having a laugh!!

And most of the fans who are moaning probably don't even try to sing or are seating in parts of the ground who don't i.e family, grandstand so if you want to sing get over to the canton and help :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:40 am

atmosphere was good in the canton!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:55 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:atmosphere was good in the canton!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

correct, we always make some noise in the canton.

if you want to sing come and join us :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:00 pm

From where I was in Block 113 Ninian, all I could hear was the people around me and the Canton going for it large, I didn't hear Millwall until they scored. :old:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:08 pm

nobber wrote:From where I was in Block 113 Ninian, all I could hear was the people around me and the Canton going for it large, I didn't hear Millwall until they scored. :old:

Aye. It depends were you sit. Those of us who complain usually sit in the E23 area and their complaints are justified because all yo ucan hear are the away fans regardless of their numbers.

If we moved the Canton to the family stand I'm sure it would be a different story but unfortunately that is not going ot happen.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:14 pm

i was at ninan park in 1999 one of the best atmosphere ive ever heard and mobs ive ever seen u must of been a bout 4-5 thousand handed that day. yesterday couldnt of been more different and it was a real shame. to see new houses on what was propley the best old ground ive been to for punch up makes me feel old and a bit gutted. morden day football is shit give me ninan park and the old den any day. soul crew R.I.P

P.S WE WILL DO U AT THE DEN AND MAKE A ATMOSPHERE:)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:18 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:What a ridiculous post. 'crap fans', 'pathetic fans'.

You lot live in a time warp, like a bunch of sad old misfits longing for days of thuggery and violence. For the last week there's been nothing but talk of it.

The atmosphere was 'crap' because the game was 'crap', and the performance was 'crap'

23,000 home fans after 2 defeats, with half the team out, and a 12 noon kick off, was a wodefrful turn out.

The only thing that was 'crap' was the performance our the team.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OFF THE 12TH MAN ???

I SAY NO MORE !!!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
nobber wrote:From where I was in Block 113 Ninian, all I could hear was the people around me and the Canton going for it large, I didn't hear Millwall until they scored. :old:

Aye. It depends were you sit. Those of us who complain usually sit in the E23 area and their complaints are justified because all yo ucan hear are the away fans regardless of their numbers.

If we moved the Canton to the family stand I'm sure it would be a different story but unfortunately that is not going ot happen.

Good point ;)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:25 pm

i dont blame the stadium because leicster in the play offs was amazing, i love the new stadium its awsome but i feel the only way to sort this out is to swap the family and canton around so the ninian and the canton will be roaring :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

well stop complaining and start singin!! :lol: :lol: sitting down or standing up sing lads!!!canton stand was buzzing yesterday!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:07 pm

I thinks its already been said
It was a dire game and the support gets much better when our team fight for the ball and get stuck into
the game but I thought we were very poor for most of the game besides Jay and a few others who played well I have to admit Hudson had a good game too and I am always moaning about hudson.

However this is the time we need to get behind the team to try and get them going that is what is missing we could
be losing 5-0 and we would still sing and shout for the team we need to get back to that I have to agree with everyone

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Calling the majority of our fellow fans "pathetic and not real fans" is ridiculous.

22,000 fellow city fans paid to watch and, by thier very presence support the team. 17,000+ have paid for season tickets to help save the club, and because not everyone is vocal all the time does not mean they don't care about the club as much as fans who sing all game.

Are you seriously saying you prefer to remenise over a game against Millwall 10 years ago , where a small number of the 10,000 crowd ended up invading the pitch, fighting outside the ground , etc .

We had almost 13,000 more fans at yeasterdays game than at that game in 1999, we are playing in a higher league , and seeing a much higher standard of football , with better players than we have had for years. There is more family support and kids attending matches than ever - surely thats a good thing for the future of the club

Ninian Park was a fantastic ground with a great atmosphere occasionally , but not always. For lots of games Ninian Park was virtually empty, with hardly any away support.

We still need more fans coming to the ground , however 'pathetic' you think they are, thier money is handy! ;)