Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where has the atmosphere gone!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:01 pm

I am not going to bang on about how Ninian park had a good atmosphere at most games. Probably the best atmosphere was when i used to go down late 80s early 90s, playing the likes of Barnet and Rochdale, f*cking hell, i loved them days singing almost non stop.

The atmosphere in the surrounding pubs were a lot better then and you would know the attendance by how full the corp was.
you could see the fear on the away fans faces when we went mental.

I sit in the Canton stand now, well away from the away support and the atmosphere is ok but no where near as good as ninian.

My Question is do you get involved in the singing and if so where do you sit and is it any good there and are you thinking about moving to another area of the ground next season.

I am thinking of moving to the Ninian stand next to the away fans if i can.

Respect to all the Llanrumney, Rumney, Trowbridge, St Mellons old crew.

Re: Where has the atmosphere gone!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:I am not going to bang on about how Ninian park had a good atmosphere at most games. Probably the best atmosphere was when i used to go down late 80s early 90s, playing the likes of Barnet and Rochdale, f*cking hell, i loved them days singing almost non stop.

The atmosphere in the surrounding pubs were a lot better then and you would know the attendance by how full the corp was.

I sit in the Canton stand now, well away from the away support and the atmosphere is ok but no where near as good as ninian.

My Question is do you get involved in the singing and if so where do you sit and is it any good there and are you thinking about moving to another area of the ground next season.

People are less inclined to express themselves when neatly seated. A larger crowd in a larger stadium could counter some of this, but that is beyond us right now.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:56 pm

The atmousphere had gone down with ninian.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:59 pm

The atmosphere went down as soon as they changed the lay out of the stadium
IMO we should have kept the same layout as ninian

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:24 pm

I think the club and police worked together and used the stadium change as an excuse to address a few policing headaches e.g. away fans right by the home fans who cause the atmosphere. Unfortunately, in turn that means that despite saving the club money on policing, it has reduced the atmosphere.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Zabier wrote:I think the club and police worked together and used the stadium change as an excuse to address a few policing headaches e.g. away fans right by the home fans who cause the atmosphere. Unfortunately, in turn that means that despite saving the club money on policing, it has reduced the atmosphere.

which the club have no intention of changeing.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:06 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:I am not going to bang on about how Ninian park had a good atmosphere at most games. Probably the best atmosphere was when i used to go down late 80s early 90s, playing the likes of Barnet and Rochdale, f*cking hell, i loved them days singing almost non stop.

Atmosphere is totally Crap in the New Stadium, I am in the Ninian Stand E23, We try our best but to many people all around who dont and never want to to even try and sing.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:13 pm

The atmosphere will take time. People are sitting in the "wrong" places and don't quite know where they want to sit. I'm hopeful that next season it will improve.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:19 pm

i'm in e24 right next to the away fans and the atmosphere is f*cking sh*t mate, the lay out of the ground is wrong, the stewards are throwing people out for standing, there are people in there who complain to stewards about people standing and are not interesting in singing these people would be better suited to another part of the ground imo, the atmospere is getting worse not better as the season goes on something needs to be done and quickly :evil:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Looking over from the Canton stand i though a few of the lads were making a good effort in the Ninian Stand next to the away fans.

These boring fuckers who think they are at a library need to move to the Family or Main stand and leave the people with a passion for their club to it.

I understand that some people wont want to sing or stand, but it is football at the end of the day and at football we shout and sing.

We all need to get something going to get everyone back into the atmosphere of the event.

Respect to all who have commented.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:56 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Looking over from the Canton stand i though a few of the lads were making a good effort in the Ninian Stand next to the away fans.

These boring fuckers who think they are at a library need to move to the Family or Main stand and leave the people with a passion for their club to it.

I understand that some people wont want to sing or stand, but it is football at the end of the day and at football we shout and sing.

We all need to get something going to get everyone back into the atmosphere of the event.

Respect to all who have commented.

I agree they should move to the grandstand or family stand.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Until they swap the family and Canton stands back, the atmosphere will be poor, and in my opinion its getting worse week by week as the enthusiasm of the Canton dwindles. The change of ends may have reduced policing, but its also taken the soul away from our club.

Hopefully, new owners, new outlook, new seating plan and a change back to the good old says.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:22 am

im in the 3rd row of the ninian and whenever i stand up to sing i get boring bastards/plastics and stewards (mostly that ravenelli lookalike) complaining. hopefully next season they'll piss off back in the family stand where they belong

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:01 pm

give some one a job and sometimes they think they run the club.

Had no problems with stewards in the Canton stand up to now.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:47 pm

New stadium factor. All the singers are now spread out rather than in one area. Maybe it will improve season after season

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Hope so as it is disheartning to see the atmosphere so bad when i believe we were the best. God, when i used to go down to Ninian when in the old Div 4, it was not the the fantastic football i was there for.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 pm

bloobird_james wrote:im in the 3rd row of the ninian and whenever i stand up to sing i get boring bastards/plastics and stewards (mostly that ravenelli lookalike) complaining. hopefully next season they'll piss off back in the family stand where they belong

im in ninian row o by away fans i stand and sing i dont sit coz the steards tell me 2 its because the ppl behind me are groaning telling me 2 sit i feel like a dick then.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Hope so as it is disheartning to see the atmosphere so bad when i believe we were the best. God, when i used to go down to Ninian when in the old Div 4, it was not the the fantastic football i was there for.

Yep, some days even with 3k in Ninian we still provided a superb atmosphere! Seems difficult to recapture that at the moment

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:06 pm

You know what, i have been away from watching city for a while. But i have not once since being in the new stadium come home with no voice, i try, but its still there.

Before i could not talk for 2 days. Mental