Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hudson Yesterday

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm

i gotta say i thought he was excellent yesterday and if it weren't for him i think we definitely would have lost. He saved us with covering tackles about 4-5 times in the first twenty minutes. i can't believe some people think he was average yesterday, in my opinion he was man of the match by a country mile! I dont know whether people actually think he played bad or whether people are judging him on his performance against leicester 2nd leg and the play off final. I think we should give the guy a break, yes he's slow but he's reading of the game is second to none and i actually think he's been very good this season especially when oli has been sitting in front of him giving him some protection. Yesterday i thought our midfield were non-existent and the less said about naylor and gypes yesterday the better yet hudson stood up and saved us with last ditch tackles on more than one occasion. I for one really hope he overcomes the boo boys and keeps putting in performances like yesterday :ayatollah:

Re: Hudson Yesterday

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:04 pm

I agree Hudson and Blake played well Usually there shite :(

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Yesterday I think he played quite well a couple of well timed challenges.

But what annoys me is he always knocks the ball long and we shouldn't of been doing that when millwall were down to 10 men. We should of been wearing them down and keeping the ball on the floor.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:26 pm

i agree he played the ball long more than i would have liked to have seen but i don't the blame rested solely on him for that. at the moment i think our midfield is severely unbalanced. i thought mcphail was terrible yesterday and the game completely passed him by, darcy isn't adapting to the holding midfield position as well as i thought he would at the moment (tho he may need time to settle there) and whitts needs oli and drinkwater around him so he can just get on the ball like he was doing when our full squad was fit. i think the biggest culprit for giving the ball away was naylor, it was like he was programmed to just smash the ball as hard as he could diagonally, even when we were 2-1 up and trying to keep the ball he was still doing it!!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:38 pm

He was average but Naylor and Gypes were so bad it made him look like Vidic. The first 30mins I cringed with embarrassed at our entire back four and blake who looked totally and utterly lost, they couldnt tackled, they didnt close down and couldn't mark. They did get better but then again we were a player up, you would expect that with 4 players marking one striker.

I dont dislike Hudson as much as most but his biggest problem is one decent game is usually followed by a nightmare. The play/offs against Leicester totally sum up Hudson for me he was brilliant in the first leg, outstanding his best game for us and then followed that up with an amateur performance at the CCS

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm no Hudson fan, but for the first time yesterday i can say that he has earned his place in that side, he was absolutely brilliant and was man of the match for my money. when i heard fans slating him yesterday i couldnt believe my ears.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:51 pm

on the contrary, like u say gypes and naylor were awful so it rested on hudson's shoulders to carry them! I thought morrison looked a bit of a handful to be honest and like i said some of his last ditch tackles kept us in the game. I do agree that his form last season was erratic but this season i think he's been consistently good for us

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:30 pm

I must say im not a fan of Hudson but yesturday he was outstanding, i sat in the canton & if it wasn't for him cover naylor allday because he was p**s poor & didn't seem to know what the hell he was doing & also clearing the ball out of the six box area because Heaton didn't call nothing all game.
To me he deserved MOM yesturday because no-one else was good enough we really need to step it up a gear if we looking for automatic. :ayatollah: