Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Christian Purslow?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Any truth in the rumour that Liverpool Managing Director is coming to Cardiff? :o

Re: Christian Purslow?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Can he play centre half?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:15 pm

He almost joined before he went to Liverpool I think. I'm sure he was mentioned in one of Carls updates.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:55 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:He almost joined before he went to Liverpool I think. I'm sure he was mentioned in one of Carls updates.

THURSDAY 02nd SEPTEMBER UPDATE
by carlccfc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:30 pm

The wages were paid to the players on the 31st August ( the new payment date ) and they were not paid by the Malaysians directly but were paid by Steve Borley and Alan Whitely ( as they were last month too ). In July Borley and Whitely each paid an equal share but this month Borley paid the lion's share. Paul Guy and Michael Isaacs did not contribute for any of the months. The directors were asked by the Malaysians to cover the wages for a short period and the majority of July's wages has been paid back to Borley and Whitely, there is income coming in from Malaysia tomorrow and next week which will settle both men's short term loans.

There is significant funds coming in from Malaysia tomorrow and Tuesday which will settle the wages and other matters.

Peter Ridsdale will be meeting TG in the next few weeks and an agreement should be reached to settle the outstanding monies to him. PR is owed approx £750k and was asked to accept £500k for early settlement, after some too'ing and fro'ing PR accepted, but last week he was offered a lower figure again to settle the monies, £350k alledgedly. PR has contacted TG and alledgedly threatened to issue a winding up order against the whole company if he did not receive his money of £500k by Tuesday 31st August. Ridsdale has not received a penny as yet and has not issued a writ but has been promised a meeting. Alan Flintcroft is owed £200k approx and Gareth Davies £100k.

PMG were due a payment of £2million on Wednesday September 1st, they have accepted they will have to wait some time to receive their money, as yet PMG have not received a penny of the £2million.

Langstone were due their monthly payment on Tuesday 31st August and they were told they would not receive their money until today, Langston have accepted the delay.

The Malaysians have made great strides in the last few months, settled football creditors, settled HMRC, paid off many small creditors but there is still a hell of a long way to go, who knows what their long term plan is, at the moment they are not jumping into the situation head on but are talking with creditors to reduce the debt to the club and at the same time providing the club with the necessary amounts to keep it working.

Liverpool Chief Executive Christian Purslow was recommended to the board by a director when Ridsdale was stepping down and Purslow, I understand, was keen to come and talk with City but we appointed a new CEO and Purslow then went onto Liverpool some weeks later.

The reserve match against Llanelli featured Francis Laurent, who ended his time at Southend in May over contract issues, I can confirm that it was Francis who played yesterday ( apologises if has been confirmed elsewhere ) and the player has now been interviewed by Terry Phillips. Laurent is not overly confident, despite his impressive run out, of being signed by the club because of the quality of players we have available but it is not ruled out.

Chris Riggott played in the game and to be honest the report I have received is not too favourable on Riggott but this was the first time this particular source had seen him train or play, but it is obvious that DJ is keen to give Riggott a chance to prove himself, simply by the amount of time he has given him.

Callum Davenport did not play in the game despite him failing to gain a contract and Leeds and his spell of training there came to an end on Tuesday.

Taken from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21686

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Puslow sounds like a bullshitter like PR to be honest