A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Chairman Dalman spoke to fans leaders on Saturd

Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Hmmm?

Who were the fans leaders?

Part of the meeting:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

Dalman says “we don’t have the money to pay Nantes Fc”

Yet Dalman aka Boris has repeatedly said in the last 3 yrs don’t worry the money has been put aside:

Dalman also told the fans leaders that he believed and said at the time that Emiliano Sala’s fee was to much.

Dalman:

"I wish I had it in my power to lift it," he started, before going on:

Cardiff are concerned that "transfer embargo" has made the headlines and dominated the talk, but the club hierarchy and their respected lawyer Chris Nott, of Capital Law, explained to the supporters' leaders the reason why they are continuing to fight this matter. They remain adamant they are doing the right thing and say the fan leaders they spoke to were understanding of the stance.

This has been confirmed by fans leaders meeting with Dalman, Nott, chief executive Ken Choo and the club's finance chief.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City Chairman Dalman spoke to fans leaders on Sa

Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:48 pm

Dalman Says Cardiff will continue to fight the Emiliano Sala court case despite losing to FIFS, CAS, & The Supreme Court in Switzerland:

The legal process:

By Paul Abbandonato (after meeting with Dalman )

Cardiff are continuing to take action via the courts and various fresh litigation is looming.

They have appealed the Court of Arbitration verdict via the higher Swiss Federal Court. An outcome on that appeal is expected by the end of January, or perhaps early February.

Cardiff's case to CAS was twofold.

Point one was to ask judges to reconsider the FIFA decision on which club owned Sala, Cardiff or Nantes? Cardiff remain adamant he was still a Nantes player as he wasn't properly registered to play in the Premier League owing to an error in the contract which needed to be rectified upon the player's arrival in the Welsh capital. The Football Association of Wales say their registration of the transfer forms was complete at their end.

Point two, in the event of Cardiff losing point one, was about who should then compensate Cardiff for the tragedy which unfolded. CAS determined Sala was a Cardiff player, but at the end of their hearing deemed they were not qualified to decide on point two. Cardiff are unhappy with that outcome and have moved to the Swiss Federal Court, a higher body, with the appeal.

This can likely go one of two ways. The Federal Court either send the matter back to CAS with a recommendation to rethink. Or they can uphold the CAS decision, in which case Cardiff are prepared to pursue a civil action against Nantes for damages.

This would take place in the French courts and could be a claim for anything between £20m and £200m. The former would cover the transfer fee while the second figure, one presumes, would cover monies Cardiff felt they could have received had Sala kept them in the Premier League.

Neil Warnock, the Bluebirds boss at the time, is adamant the striker would have scored the goals to keep Cardiff in the top flight.

Cardiff are said to be confident over their claim for damages. It is understood French law is quite specific with regards employment contracts and, despite FIFA's technical football judgement, Cardiff feel they can prove Sala was still officially contracted to Nantes under French law at the time of the accident.

In the meantime, the Bluebirds are also suing Miller Insurances LLP, saying the broker failed to properly communicate the process for immediately insuring new players. In their bid to the High Court, Cardiff claim Miller Insurance failed to act with the reasonable skill and care expected of an insurance broker.

Well, we did say the matter was incredibly complicated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:51 pm

The battle to avoid relegation

Amid the off-field issues, Cardiff have genuine concerns on the pitch which many fear are exacerbated by the transfer embargo.

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan felt a month ago that his Bluebirds were good enough to push for the Championship top six, with some strengthening in the new year. The reality staring them in the face is they are locked in a fight to avoid going down into League One. Tan is quite right in saying the league is incredibly congested this year and with a few wins strung together, Cardiff could quite quickly rise nearer the top.

However, conversely it is also tight down at the bottom and failure to beat fellow strugglers Blackpool at home on Saturday leaves Cardiff perilously close to the relegation spots, just two points off the bottom three, heading into Christmas.

Cardiff played well for the most part against Blackpool, missed a glut of chances, were on the wrong end of refereeing decisions and should have won comfortably. But they didn't - and as such manager Hudson needs to look at the way his team capitulated in the second half and put measures in place to ensure that doesn't happen again.

Cardiff face QPR at home, then Coventry and Blackburn away over the festive period and have to pick up good results to avoid being sucked into the bottom three. Once in there, it becomes a right old dogfight, confidence is drained and it can sometimes be hard to get out of.

With or without January transfer signings, Cardiff's hierarchy and Hudson himself believe the squad is more than good enough to earn a comfortable mid-table finish. And they are probably right, too. It is down to the manager to make the sum of the parts work, create a ruthless streak in the side to turn draws into victories and defeats into draws.

Hudson pointed out after the Blackpool disappointment that players are returning to fitness - Rubin Colwill, Issak Davies and Ebou Adams among them - while younger ones are developing. As such, frustrated or not by the transfer embargo, he feels he can get the team climbing up the table with the personnel already at his disposal.

And, as a result of the painstaking work done during the summer window by the club, Hudson does have lots of options. This Cardiff squad of players may lack in certain areas, but they are more than good enough to be ensconced in mid-table.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry: :cry:

Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:31 pm

Replies FB:

Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:38 pm

Reply FB:

Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:42 pm

That prick is trying his hardest to put us out of business but the real sad thing is Tan can’t/won’t see it.
I’m sick of that politician’s continuous lies, why don’t he just fuckoff, this a bloke that wanted to buy Charlton and failed, Charlton got a very lucky escape. He should’ve been sacked the moment he showed interest in buying Charlton, it’s an absolute joke.
He don’t give a flying f**k about us and is going to put us under.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:48 pm

So where is the fans report of the meeting not Dalmans spin to abbanato

Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:53 pm

Dalman and choo need to go , dalman coz come on he doesn't do a lot does he and choo for his absolute shocking management of the insurance for sala . Bring a football operations manager in and a new ceo that is full time at ccs

Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:59 pm

fred keenor wrote:So where is the fans report of the meeting not Dalmans spin to abbanato

Listening to Keith Morgan now on the Cardiff City Phone in. He's confirmed everything in the WOL report. He cant add too much because the club are embroiled in so much legal action. Dalman insisted in the meeting that the club will not go in administration but basically are not going to pay anything until all legal action is exhausted. His gut feeling is the club will not be able to recruit in this window but will eventually settle with Nantes in some form. Conversations are now being had.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:00 pm

fred keenor wrote:So where is the fans report of the meeting not Dalmans spin to abbanato

Sounds like they were hand-selected and possibly useful idiots.

All we ask for is transparency. It's shocking how little they appear to respect us.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:04 pm

So who were the * leaders * ?

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:09 pm

JulesK wrote:So who were the * leaders * ?

Keith Morgan, Cardiff City Trust. He will be posting a report of the meeting on their website.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:11 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:

All we ask for is transparency. It's shocking how little they appear to respect us.

They were, both sets have offices rent free of Dalman under the stadium.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:42 pm

So Saturday Dalman was quoted he was confident the transfer embargo would be lifted, now we have the trust stating Dalmans gut instinct was we will not be able to recruit
There are lies, lies and famed lies

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:45 pm

fred keenor wrote:So Saturday Dalman was quoted he was confident the transfer embargo would be lifted, now we have the trust stating Dalmans gut instinct was we will not be able to recruit

theres lies and damned lies then you got dalman :laughing6:

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:48 pm

So do the club think that 3 transfer embargoes will mean that is the end of it?
Nantes surely will send us into admin for failure to pay via the British courts..

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:50 pm

fred keenor wrote:So Saturday Dalman was quoted he was confident the transfer embargo would be lifted, now we have the trust stating Dalmans gut instinct was we will not be able to recruit

To be fair that was Keith Morgans interpretation and gut instinct. I don't think Dalman said this. They are trying to get the embargo lifted. I personally can't see it happening. The best that will happen will be Morison re-signing and injured players returning.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:14 pm

fred keenor wrote:So do the club think that 3 transfer embargoes will mean that is the end of it?
Nantes surely will send us into admin for failure to pay via the British courts..

Dont think it will be administration it would be bankruptcy... if city went into administration nante wont get fraction of what they're owed so not in their interest to bring city down.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:19 pm

We have a couple of injured players making a return. That's the best it is going to get for us.

We are stuck with this January Transfer Embargo. How Dalman can claim there is hope in getting it lifted is beyond me. Unless there is some small print somewhere the Embargo is here to stay.

One thing is for sure and that is the club have many times said the money was there and many of us put faith in the club telling the Truth. For those of you who have supported this board you have been terrible let down.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:26 pm

So we don't have the money to pay,so we'll run up huge legal costs to go with it.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hmmm?

Part of the meeting:

Yet Dalman aka Boris has repeatedly said in the last 3 yrs don’t worry the money has been put aside:

Dalman:

Cardiff are concerned that "transfer embargo" has made the headlines and dominated the talk, but the club hierarchy and their respected lawyer Chris Nott, of Capital Law, explained to the supporters' leaders the reason why they are continuing to fight this matter. They remain adamant they are doing the right thing and say the fan leaders they spoke to were understanding of the stance.

This has been confirmed by fans leaders meeting with Dalman, Nott, chief executive Ken Choo and the club's finance chief.

I don`t think anyone has ever said that the cash has been set aside (confirmed by the Finance Director at Saturday`s meeting). I think people are getting a bit confused between a provision in the accounts for accounting purposes in the balance sheet and actual cash. If the club loses its legal actions (which is quite possible) then the cash will have to be found from somewhere as it doesn`t exist as a club asset at present but there will be no need to make a further provision in the accounts for the costs

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:45 pm

Having read Paul Abbandonato`s report on WalesOnline and having spoken to him after his meeting with Mehmet Dalman (also after he had filed his report) his report is an accurate reflection of what was told to fans` representatives half an hour before the media interview.

I have set out my own report on the meeting this evening (a family emergency prevented me from doing it sooner) which should go out to Trust members tonight. I was formally asked to attend the meeting on Friday as a Trust representative (I dislike the term "leader" as I have never claimed to be anyone`s leader). Also present were five members or former members of the Supporters Club committee. I don`t know when they were invited or what they have reported back to their members.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 pm

fred keenor wrote:So do the club think that 3 transfer embargoes will mean that is the end of it?

How can nantes send us into administration? Only the boad of directors can do that , they could try a winding up order but the club will fight that . Tan is not going to put us into administration as he would lose control .

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:50 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Hmmm?

Part of the meeting:

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226

Dalman:

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226

I don`t think anyone has ever said that the cash has been set aside (confirmed by the Finance Director at Saturday`s meeting). I think people are getting a bit confused between a provision in the accounts for accounting purposes in the balance sheet and actual cash. If the club loses its legal actions (which is quite possible) then the cash will have to be found from somewhere as it doesn`t exist as a club asset at present but there will be no need to make a further provision in the accounts for the costs

Thanks, Keith; that clears up a few anomalies/misnomers all in one post! :clap: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Annis this is simply not true. The Trust paid for its (very small office) to be constructed. £3,000 as disclosed to our members at the time. I have no idea what the Supporters Club terms of occupation are for their office accomodation at the stadium but I am sure their Committee can clarify if they feel it appropriate.
I also have no idea how the selection process for attendees was done other than I was told earlier in the week that there might be a meeting but no firm time or agenda.The formal invitation was only confirmed on the day before. As with the office point, I also have no idea what the criteria for inviting the five Supporters Club reps. was - none of my business.

Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:35 am

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:

Annis this is simply not true. The Trust paid for its (very small office) to be constructed. £3,000 as disclosed to our members at the time. I have no idea what the Supporters Club terms of occupation are for their office accomodation at the stadium but I am sure their Committee can clarify if they feel it appropriate.
I also have no idea how the selection process for attendees was done other than I was told earlier in the week that there might be a meeting but no firm time or agenda.The formal invitation was only confirmed on the day before. As with the office point, I also have no idea what the criteria for inviting the five Supporters Club reps. was - none of my business.

Keith it was said tongue in cheek,

I really hope Dalman of all people did not pull the wool the wool over your eyes and make you believe everything is all ok?

Can you answer this , was this said??

I only got this second hand?

Dalman and the CEO of the club said that the fee offered for Sala in the first place was “too high” but they were over ruled by Neil Warnock, thats when you know there was a problem from day one.

Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:59 am

What Dalman said to Keith Morgan and another few members, Vince Alm not sure if attended.

Remember this is Dalman side:

Fans present were indeed generally supportive of the club`s stance in continuing with various legal matters which are complex and involve many matters, as follows:
The club is indeed currently under a transfer embargo imposed by the EFL following the loss of the appeal case to CAS announced in August this year which effectively brought into play the FIFA ruling against the club in September 2019 which imposed a three-transfer window transfer embargo unless and until the initial transfer fee installment of just over £5m is paid to Nantes. CCFC have reiterated that they have no current intention of paying that money until all ongoing matters are resolved. Mehmet Dalman expressed his opinion that the matter will be resolved in the near future but could not promise that this would occur before the end of the January 2023 transfer window.
Despite social media claims to the contrary, the Swiss Federal Tribunal (SFT) has not rejected a club claim to them to have the CAS decision reversed or otherwise amended. Preparations for a hearing, which is likely to take place in January or February 2023, are ongoing but the details have to be kept entirely confidential under SFT rules so no further information could be given to the meeting. The SFT will only consider an appeal of a CAS decision if it can be shown that there was a fundamental legal mistake, error or omission in reaching their decision. They cannot overturn the football decision that the Sala transfer was complete and that the transfer fee is payable but may rule that any payment is deferred until a successful counterclaim for financial loss arising from the sad demise of Emiliano Sala is settled.
An insurance industry Press article recently stated that CCFC is taking legal action against their insurance brokers (a large international organisation) for something that they failed to do when insuring Emiliano Sala at the time of his arrival at the club. Again, legal confidentiality prevented a great deal of detail on this but it would appear that the club`s regular policy of signing players and then insuring them shortly thereafter has not been queried beforehand by those brokers or insurers. For previous transfers, this ended up being irrelevant but in the Sala case his sad death occurred between what FIFA and CAS have ruled was the date of completion of his transfer and the relevant insurance being finalised. A claim could not be made against the insurers beforehand as the club remained adamant that the player`s transfer had not been completed and that there was therefore no “asset” to insure. The CAS ruling has changed that.
Other social media claims include one that the club has set aside the cash to pay the full Sala transfer fee and related costs. This was specifically denied by the Chair and clarified (as has been done before on social media by others) by Phillip Jenkins. Ever since the May 2019 accounts, a provision has been made in the club`s audited accounts for payment in full of the transfer fee. This has nothing to do with a cash reserve to pay it (which does not exist). If eventually, it has to be paid it is prudent to provide for it and ensure a continuing compliance with EFL Profitability and Sustainability Rules (the club remains compliant even after that provision). If it has to be paid than it will not have an adverse impact on the club`s compliance. If it doesn`t have to be paid then the club`s balance sheet position will improve by over £20m.”

Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:41 am

I will state now Jan / February at the latest The Supreme Court will Officially announce that Sala is a Cardiff City player and Tan / Dalman have No case.
They asked for the announcement to be delayed till then.

Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:41 am

So the money is not there despite his multitude of assurances that it was. Dalman is worse than The Riddler. The club has lost in every court it’s been in front of, and are throwing money we clearly don’t have to get the result they want.
We are truly a mess.