Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SUNDAY 26th SEPTEMBER 2010 UPDATE

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:49 pm

cheers carl, really apreciate your updates :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Carl,

This is what worries me about Bellamy. If we have to pick our games to ensure him lasting the season how the hell can he play 2 games in a few days for Wales.

He could get injured for Wales and then we have to nurse him back to fitness again.

Thanks for the update Carl

Glad to see the back of the ridler.

Hope we don't rush the players bk from injury even tho we need them but don't want them plAying for 2 or 3 games then picking up an injury again because they wasn't fully fit.

Blooballoon wrote:What the fleck is Riddler doing with his cash, he has earned fortunes from us, and is still struggling?...

I heard he was struggling with his mortgage payments recently and I suppose have so many divorces doesn't help either.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great/Superb Update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bye Riddler and you Deserve Nothing for your Shares, you paid ZERO for them.

I AM HAPPY THAT DJ is FINALLY SHOWING SOME SPUNK :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Oh Spunky, spunky
Spunky, spunky, spunky, spunky Davey Jones!! :lol:

Thank you Carl, for once not going to my beloved Butchers Arms and going to try out the New Ninian on Tues for the first time since being served a pint of £3.50 :o pigswill called Guiness last season. Maybe chat to the "inner circle" for the first time!! :D Cant wait to see Chops, Oli, H20 and Bellars back, gonna sweet talk the missus into letting me go to Barnsley!! :ayatollah:

Good riddance Mr Ridsdale :old: What an actor he was

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:52 pm

he doesnt mention the divorces in his book lol how many?
His house for sale is very nice though :lol: Annis should make a half price off with all his money from those books just to piss him off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

carlccfc wrote:
Blooballoon wrote:What the fleck is Riddler doing with his cash, he has earned fortunes from us, and is still struggling?...

I heard he was struggling with his mortgage payments recently and I suppose have so many divorces doesn't help either.

So his venture into the DVD business failed as well then? :lol: :lol:

carlccfc wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Thanks Carl, another brilliant insight. With regards to Capaldi, didn't he bragg to some of his former Plymouth team mates via text message, how much wonga he was on at CCFC?

Rick I think it was more the case of him not believing the rise he recieved going from Plymouth to City

Peter Ridsdale [father Xmas] was known to be very generous with regards to players contracts, sometimes well beyond the players [& agents] dreams.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Luke I am told it is in his contract, hope it gets sorted.

I would be interested to know then as this could be a worry after the gosling situation. I think with Gosling they had to offer him a contract even if they dont accept it and thats why he went on a free?? can anyone say otherwise as I didnt read fully into it?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:he doesnt mention the divorces in his book lol how many?
His house for sale is very nice though :lol: Annis should make a half price off with all his money from those books just to piss him off :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure he mentions at least two in his book.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Cheers Carl, some very encouraging signs there mate :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Glad to hear about The Riddler, shame to hear about Capaldi and his injury.

This is my opinion, i would be surprised to see Bellamy or Chopra in the starting line up on Saturday, too soon in my eyes, especially if Bellamy has only been running in straight lines and had no impact training.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:06 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:he doesnt mention the divorces in his book lol how many?

I'm sure he mentions at least two in his book.

got be honest teh family backround at the start bored me, I wanted to know about the leeds f**k ups and believe at the time his good work at Cardiff :lol:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Cheers Carl, informative as ever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good news about TG and VT buying the shares. :ayatollah: (sod off Riddler)

Good luck to TC, sounds like he'll need it. :(

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:12 pm

All POSITIVE :shock: news....thanks Carl you legend you!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks for this Carl.

Its good to hear that the Riddler will be no more associated with the club. Also glad to hear those rugby pics will be coming down at the Ninian pub. However the best news is the irrate DJ. Perhaps he realises his job is on the line now and needs to get the players to play. I mean that is what a managers job is.

I'm going to be very interested in seeing how the Malaysians handle Langston now. PMG will be history soon but I think Sam and gang will be around a bit longer. Interesting.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:On October 15th 2010 Peter Ridsdale will receive the final installment of his settlement with Cardiff City, even though he is no longer involved with the club in any capacity it is refreshing to know that there will be no ties between him and the club. It will feel like mission accomplished by thousands of City fans who felt they were treated unfairly by Ridsdale during his time here, no more so than when the demonstrations took place which was the beginning of the end for Peter Ridsdale.

When TG met Petet Ridsdale to discuss the terms of the settlement there were conditions put in place by TG which have become a benefit to the club. Ridsdale was entitled to a figure of approximately £1million but TG had him settle on a figure just under £500k which was paid to be paid in 3 installments, the first a very small figure to help Peter Ridsdale, who was alledgedly struggling financially, then he received the second payment just under 2 weeks ago and the as I said the last part will be paid on October 15th.

Another condition that was implemented was that Peter Ridsdale agreed to sell his shares that he was gifted during his time at the club. The price per share when Peter Ridsdale received them were 15.69p and when he had his infanous stadium completion bonus of £500k he immediately turn the bonus into shares but was able to buy them for 11.11p giving him exactly 4,545,455 shares at a price no one else was able to get them at. His shares actually dropped to 4,145,455 when Alan Flitcroft became Finance Director and Flitcroft then somehow owned 400,000 shares so I think it is safe to assume he received them from his friend Peter.

But who has agreed to buy Peter Ridsdale's shares and how much did Peter Ridsdale receive for them ?

The soon to be owners of the 10.1% of Shares that Ridsdale has, will be none other than TG and VT and the price I am told per share is 5p. This is significant news for us as we are now starting to see what so many have suspected would be the strategy by our Malaysian backers. The astute businessmen have reduced the original payments with many of the club's creditors during their first 4 months of involvement and this is further proof of the hard and sharp way they conduct business. What encouraging news we are hearing as City fans, they are not so slowly paying the creditors and will now take a larger stake in the club showing everyone of us that they are here to stay for the immediate and long term.

This latest news I understand is actually causing concern for PMG as they have yet to receive the £2million pound that they were expecting on September 1st just gone. PMG believe that the Malaysians will want to renegotiate their loans to a better deal that suits the Malaysians. I am encouraged by this stance of TG and VT and hope they finally rid the club of PMG.

With regards to Langston it appears that VT and TG could have a tougher time if they plan to try to reduce the £10million that they are owed as Langston are safe in the knowledge that if they don't receive their figure of £10million then the figure immediately rises to £24million, this will be an interesting side show to the bigger picture but there are many more dealings before this happens.

TG did not attend yesterdays game but Vincent Tan did and he was accompanied by his daughter and her university friends, anyone who seen them celebrating yesterday's goals and victory will be safe in the knowledge that VT and his guests thoroughly enjoyed their time.

After yesterday's game Dave Jones was not best pleased with the performance of the team and when he entered the dressing room and saw his team celebrating and high fiving each other he went beserk. Not one player escaped his anger at the performance he had just witnessed and he made sure they all knew how he felt, I am told that in the dressing room DJ showed the passion and emotion that many of our fans think he is devoid of. There was no rest for the players today he told them all to turn up for training this morning.

The injured players are all responding well to treatment and DJ believes that as long as we have no more injuries then all of his squad will be fit by the time of the international break.

There are rumours doing the rounds that Bellamy is out for 2-4 months, my sources tell me that this is simply not true and that he is expected to be back for the Barnsley trip. Craig is running but it is straight lines and no twists or turns and no impact training. Bellamy has yet to take part in squad training but will take part this week.

Olofinjana, as we told you last week, was close to making yesterdays game but obviously failed the late fitness test and will make it now for Tuesday barring nothing happens in training of course.

Michael Chopra is now hopeful of making the Barnsley game also.

Drinkwater and Riggott will be ready for the Bristol City game.

Dave Jones is also overseeing the contracts for the players and Whittingham and Blake are expected to sign in the not too distant and he has opened talks with Bothroyd's and McPhail's agents.

Chris Burke wants to stay and has told the club and his agent that he wants to stay at City and talks are expected to open this week.

There is a bit more confusing news regarding Adam Matthews and his new contract. Adam was promised by Peter Ridsdale and I am told that his contract also states that when he reaches 25 appearences he will kick in a clause that entitles him to a new contract, despite making it past 25 appearences Adam has not yet received his new contract offer. I know that Dave Jones has bemoaned the fact that Ridsdale was touting the kid about last season to raise much needed cash in desperation but this ultimately put more pressure on Adam and may have affected him. Matthews is a shy kid but DJ needs him to become a man quickly to truly be an asset to his squad. I understand that DJ believes that Adam is more suited to midfield rather than full back but the options he has in midfield when everyone is available will prove tough for Adam to break into. But it is vital that talks are opened soon with Adam's agent over the promised contract he has yet to receive before we lose another of our academy kids leaving for possibly nothing.

On a sad note, former player Tony Capaldi who is now with Morecambe has only been able to get himself a six month contract and has taken a huge drop in wages, falling from his previous £5,500 pw at City to £1000k pw at his new club. This is because he is not able to pass a medical because of his career threatening back problem. I know some will say he is lucky to receive the money he is on and that he is not fit should count himself fortunate but I am just letting you know that a former City player could soon be on the scrapheap at such a yound age.

On a lighter note I know that Annis has had an encouraging converstaion with the new owner of the Ninian Park Pub over some of the concerns raised by this forum. There will be extra staff serving in the lounge area for each City match from now on and also the rugby pictures in the Lounge will come down and make way for a dedicated City wall. The owner wants to accommodate the members of this forum and is thankful for the trade that we took in there yesterday and I hope everyone gives him time to get over the teething problems he faced yesterday.There is very good food on offer at excellent prices so get there early on Tuesday and try for yourself.

VT & TG are the best thing to happen to this club ever !!!!!

The future is looking so bright, well done DJ, give them a kicking after that performance we were very lucky to come away with all three points, but when Ollie and Drinky get back in we will be fine, then we have Bellamy and Chops to look forward too, plus a fit Koumas we will fly !!!

Thanks Carl fantastic update, what a season this is going to be for Cardiff City, the capital :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Thanks for this Carl.

Its good to hear that the Riddler will be no more associated with the club. Also glad to hear those rugby pics will be coming down at the Ninian pub. However the best news is the irrate DJ. Perhaps he realises his job is on the line now and needs to get the players to play. I mean that is what a managers job is.

I'm going to be very interested in seeing how the Malaysians handle Langston now. PMG will be history soon but I think Sam and gang will be around a bit longer. Interesting.

Ian, DJ is under pressure from above to deliver, they have given him the tools he asked for and now he must pull it off, I believe he will.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah:

So if they buy these 10.1% of shares what will thteir total holding be?

The 10% was before the Malaysians bought their shares back in May, so it has reduced the amount down from 10% to afigure that I am unsure of but it will take them above 40%

:ayatollah:

Carl, how long do you think until the full takeover ????

Can't be too long now, could we possibly looking forward to 2011 with TG & VT in total control ???

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:24 pm

FANTASTIC UPDATE WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah:

So if they buy these 10.1% of shares what will thteir total holding be?

The 10% was before the Malaysians bought their shares back in May, so it has reduced the amount down from 10% to afigure that I am unsure of but it will take them above 40%

:ayatollah:

Can't be too long now, could we possibly looking forward to 2011 with TG & VT in total control ???

It is my opinion that by the end of this year we will have seen wholesome changes.

I think that PMG will be paid off and a deal will have been done with Langston.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:28 pm

thanks carl,it is a welcome change to have some factual news on this forum instead of the fantasies posted on this site by some so called people in the know.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Can't be too long now, could we possibly looking forward to 2011 with TG & VT in total control ???[/quote]

It is my opinion that by the end of this year we will have seen wholesome changes.

I think that PMG will be paid off and a deal will have been done with Langston.[/quote]

The world seems a wonderful place tonight, cheers mate...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:33 pm

darboy wrote:thanks carl,it is a welcome change to have some factual news on this forum instead of the fantasies posted on this site by some so called people in the know.

The purpose of this message and any other message board is to post and debate about any hearsay, gossip or rumours you have heard thats what creates the debate.

Carl has info from reliable sources and gets things right the majority of the time, but other forum members are free to post their news and although not all is the correct info it still creates a debate, otherwise there would be no point in having a forum.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:35 pm

nobby wrote:
darboy wrote:thanks carl,it is a welcome change to have some factual news on this forum instead of the fantasies posted on this site by some so called people in the know.

The purpose of this message and any other message board is to post and debate about any hearsay, gossip or rumours you have heard thats what creates the debate.

Carl has info from reliable sources and gets things right the majority of the time, but other forum members are free to post their news and although not all is the correct info it still creates a debate, otherwise there would be no point in having a forum.

Nobby I think Daryl forgot to post a laughing or winking smiley after his post :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:44 pm

nice one carl glad to hear the finances are getting sorted and that rat bag is going away with less than he thought he was gonna get.
also good news about the players on the mend.

will see you all tuesday in the ninian

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Great update....Cheers Carl 8-)

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Thanks for this Carl.

Perhaps (well, very likely) Dave Jones had his own little comfort zone when Riddler
was here. I'm not suggesting for one second that DJ wasnt arsed about results, of
course he was, he's a proud man. But his job was safe. He always had the classic
excuse that his best players were being sold and the squad was painfully small. Well
actually, it wasnt an excuse... it was FACT!

Now... He has been given much more responsibility. He will know better than most
just how focused the Malaysians are on success. He knows they dont do failure. He
knows they wont accept second best.

Now the players realise that too

Well done Jonesy!!!

In twelve months time this club will have a professionalism about it that most of
the bottom half premiership sides wont be able to match.