Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2nd and still going

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 pm

The club have seen to have gone from massively positive to pretty negative all of a sudden after 3 below par performances.

I was just thinking though we are second in the league despite a tough start. DJ started late in the transfer market because of the embargo so certain players were behind in pre-season and we have had KEY players out all at the same time. Is it an excuse? it could be but IMO its more of a reason and despite all this after 8 games we find ourselves in 2nd position?

Performances last three games have been poor/lacklustre but if your pro DJ or Anti DJ you all know his teams go on good and bad runs...if this is our bad run and we have yesterday managed to pick up points and still find out selves in 2nd it has to be positive. With our first team 11 out I find it hard to believe many teams will beat us, our team otherwise will give anyone a game.

The first 1-2-3 months were going to be tough getting people fit because of the embargo, getting new players involved and getting used to the new formation(s). For the first time I think DJ has a plan B but I think some players are struggling to adapt? Burke I think is one, im not saying he is playing poorly but he is learning a new position, like Witts. Other games DJ hasnt had the subs for a plan B. If he did would he have used them well ? im not sure yet.

Im feeling confident with everything except the last 3 performances but have no doubt this group of player together with DJ can turn this around.

Keep the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 2nd and still going

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:36 pm

thats what I like to see, some positivity!!! :ayatollah: hopefully it'll rub off..

i think if we can stay within 6pts or less of qpr by the international break id be very happy..they will have their blip in form soon. we are playing terrible yet we are 2nd!!! thats end of the world material that eh!!!

Re: 2nd and still going

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:40 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:thats what I like to see, some positivity!!! :ayatollah: hopefully it'll rub off..

i think if we can stay within 6pts or less of qpr by the international break id be very happy..they will have their blip in form soon. we are playing terrible yet we are 2nd!!! thats end of the world material that eh!!!

Yeah lets see how they do if they get any injuries. And with that tw*t Warnock as manager they will get suspensions