Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT MILLWALL Fans SAY ABOUT OUR FANS and GROUND

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:39 pm

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk ... 2&posts=10

Re: WHAT MILLWALL Fans SAY ABOUT OUR FANS and GROUND

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm

About right Annis I think but they still have a begrudging respect for us!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:51 pm

It is what it is Annis, it will never be Ninian but thats thw way football is.
Swapping the stands would work but I dont see it happening but then again we know the stadium can have a great atmosphere like Leicester play/offs and Swansea which were IMO better than a lot of games at Ninian in the past 2 years but they are to far between.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 pm

It will never be like ninian,i still cant take to it,old habbits i suppose,its a nice ground but we just dont get the atmosphere we used to at the old ground.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Dange wrote:About right Annis I think but they still have a begrudging respect for us!

They have a lot of Respect for us deep down :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It is what it is Annis, it will never be Ninian but thats thw way football is.
Swapping the stands would work but I dont see it happening but then again we know the stadium can have a great atmosphere like Leicester play/offs and Swansea which were IMO better than a lot of games at Ninian in the past 2 years but they are to far between.

Luke, Honestly I casnt compare grounds, NINIAN PARK WAS JUST SO SPECIAL TO ME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 pm

I AGREE WITH WHAT MILLWALL SAY. ITL NEVER BE THE SAME AS NINIAN PARK. BUT YOU HAVE TO MOVE WITH THE TIMES AND THATS THE WAY CARDIFF ARE GOING WITH THE NEW FAN. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Who cares what Millwall think about our fans and ground? We have moved on and its about time they did too. We know exactly what type of fans they were hoping for. And I'm glad they didn't meet the type of fans they wanted too.

I love reading stories about the old days etc. But isn't acceptable anymore.

And besides, let's not pretend. The last 2 seasons at NP saw some awful atmosphere too. Even against the Jacks. We have had some great atmosphere in the CCS. We just need to keep it up instead of bloody winging all the time.

As Annis would say, just my opinion! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:It is what it is Annis, it will never be Ninian but thats thw way football is.

Luke, Honestly I casnt compare grounds, NINIAN PARK WAS JUST SO SPECIAL TO ME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

One thing I can guarantee is we will never see an atmosphere like Leeds in the FA cup and I dont mean just at CCS i mean anywhere in football, that day was sensational. Even if we were at NP I dont think we would hear that constant noise again...... I do miss ninian and it feels weird thinking I cant go back or take my neice, nephew or future children to to a game altough I got my neice and nephew to the open day :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

One thing I can guarantee is we will never see an atmosphere like Leeds in the FA cup and I dont mean just at CCS i mean anywhere in football, that day was sensational. Even if we were at NP I dont think we would hear that constant noise again...... I do miss ninian and it feels weird thinking I cant go back or take my neice, nephew or future children to to a game altough I got my neice and nephew to the open day :ayatollah:

My mate from Leeds said when he walked into the ground that day it felt more hostile
than Galatasaray. He said you could feel the hatred from all sides. Quite a few Leeds
fans were saying they were going to lose, that some of their players wouldnt handle
the atmosphere. I was in Block A. It was awesome. Gone forever now but that was a
day where the Ninian Park crowd played a huge part in toppling the best side in the land!!

...And NO trouble!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Its one of few city games I can watch over and over again, must have watched it 30 times + something happening every few minutes, its like a movie.

and I met...well seen Linda Block :P :oops:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Will never be the same, but be glad to have the memories ! football has moved on and so have we. If we stayed at ninian there would be no malaysians and no prem for us... I just hope when they do the ground update they take what the fans think into account and we get something to be proud of ! When we get there Annis I feel a campaign coming on !!! :D

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:37 pm

yeah, the leeds game was electric, singing well before the game started,,,, better than qpr at the ms, or wembley games :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't think any game will be better than the Leeds game. The only game I went into the Grange End for. It was immense seeing Scott Youg scoring infront of the Grange. Just incredible.

2blue2handle

Do you mean Linda Block fron dream team?! :D

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:40 pm

if they aint gonna swop, why doesn't all the canton lads and ninian stand lads, all just get tickets right by the barrier closest to the away fans and start a new grange end there?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWdL86yoMs :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:49 pm

ninianblue wrote:yeah, the leeds game was electric, singing well before the game started,,,, better than qpr at the ms, or wembley games :ayatollah:

Ive never seen or heard a game close to it, I remember Andy Gray saying it sounded like they were sitting on top of wales....it really did sound like that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and thanks to Jon Candy who sent me a DVD of that game as I only had it on Video (but no VCR) top bloke :ayatollah:

Do you mean Linda Block fron dream team?!

The very one, sexy bitch :lol:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Haha. As a woman, I can admit that Linda Block was definetely a sexy mofo. She's lost it in Corrie though. She was a slapper in Dream Team. She got to sleep with all the good looking players :lol:

I had a thing for that Didier Baptiste :lol: Completely off topic but I can safely say Harchester United was my 3rd team. Bring back Dream Team!! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 pm

She should have stayed with luiz amor Rodrigues lol I have a harchestet top lol we have gone off topic lol

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:33 pm

MORE

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk ... 4&posts=17

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Annis.

Stay on topic please. This is a thread about Dream Team :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 pm

interesting

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Sadly football is moving away to the way a lot of us were brought up on.It's a sanitised version where the whole family can go & sing happy clappy songs, times & people change & it's a totally different experience to that of was years ago,it's become no different than a trip to the cinema.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:21 am

2blue2handle wrote:Its one of few city games I can watch over and over again, must have watched it 30 times + something happening every few minutes, its like a movie.

and I met...well seen Linda Block :P :oops:

Yes, but I saw her first!! One gorgeous, sexy chick....she'd be in my Dream Team!! :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:

Linda is MY blue bird!! :P :P

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:27 am

Millwall's 'core' fans still appear to have a sort of respect for the 'traditional' City fans but bemoan the passing of the old stadiums....and for atmosphere that's a fair enough view. For footballing, safety and comfort reasons it just HAD to happen

One Millwall fan wrte: "It would be a f*cking cauldron if they got in the prem though"

He got that right!!!! I think at the moment we're suffering from a little bit of 'expectation anxiety' and it's showing on the terraces (or is is just 'stands' these days??)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "Relax, we'll do it..." :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 am

Ben wrote:if they aint gonna swop, why doesn't all the canton lads and ninian stand lads, all just get tickets right by the barrier closest to the away fans and start a new grange end there?

do similar to wat italian clubs do and jus make the club let us stand there and make it so we are in control of the atomosphere.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:24 pm

im pretty sure you gotta be with a kid to buy grange tickets

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:46 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
Ben wrote:if they aint gonna swop, why doesn't all the canton lads and ninian stand lads, all just get tickets right by the barrier closest to the away fans and start a new grange end there?

do similar to wat italian clubs do and jus make the club let us stand there and make it so we are in control of the atomosphere.

half of the problem is other fans avin a go at you for standing up. i hate watchin the footy while sitting down and being quiet, especially when we play someone like millwall, i wish half of these new fans who had never been to ninian or an away game (appart from wembley!!!) f**k off home and never come back!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:46 pm

bloobird_james wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:

half of the problem is other fans avin a go at you for standing up. i hate watchin the footy while sitting down and being quiet, especially when we play someone like millwall, i wish half of these new fans who had never been to ninian or an away game (appart from wembley!!!) f**k off home and never come back!

I Feel exactly the same.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23166 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: