Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

After 8 games who do you think are the teams to fear

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:07 pm

Finding it really difficult to single out any sides to fear apart from QPR.

I'd expect us, Ipswich and Burnley to fight it out for the 2 spots with them.

Beyond that, its even more difficult singling sides out.

Boro- early favourites are sh1t.
Sheff U and Forest have had shaky starts, although Forest look like they may at last be shaping up.

Reading might be challenging for top 6.

Other sides near the top won't last - Watford, Norwich, Doncaster, and Leeds

Teams beating each other all over.

Jacks can't win away :lol:

Re: After 8 games who do you think are the teams to fear

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:09 pm

QPR are flying but an injury to Mackie or Taarabat would be a big issue for them.

I seriously think this division is ours to win. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:QPR are flying but an injury to Mackie or Taarabat would be a big issue for them.

There is no-one bar QPR that causes concern for me but to be honest I believe we will be top or a close second :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Finding it really difficult to single out any sides to fear apart from QPR.

Sheff U and Forest have had shaky starts, although Forest look like they may at last be shaping up.

Portsmouth with Kitson Nugent and Lawrence amongst others have a good squad and manager, they should make a late challenge, but it should still be down to us and QPR at the end of the season..........

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:26 pm

after the doncaster game, with the team we had, i couldnt see anyone in this league beating us,,,,,, at full strength , we are the best team in this league :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:QPR are flying but an injury to Mackie or Taarabat would be a big issue for them.

There is no-one bar QPR that causes concern for me but to be honest I believe we will be top or a close second :ayatollah:

I'd take second. With all our big hitters out we are still sitting in second. Once we have a fully fit side I think we will take some stopping. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 pm

We should be walking this league. If we managed to get our main guys back and get some distance from them then I can seeus catching up with QPR. The question will be will anyone be able ot keep up with us.

I think Reading are capable of staying with us and QPR. They had a good run end of last season and have managed a good start this season. I expect them to build on that and be chasing us.

I am not surprised about Watfords progress. When they played us last season their manager Mackey said he was building his team from scratch. They played well against us and our victory really flattered us. They continued playing like that and started picking up some good results. They now seem to reached the top of their game so expect them to be there as well.

I also have this feeling that if we look like getting an auto then Swansea will end up in a PO spot. Our success will drive them.

My final choice will be Doncaster. They play some lovely football under O'Driscoll and just need to get the consistancy thing worked out. I feel they will go on a run and will be up there.

Some mention Forest but I think they will draw too many games. Others thought Middlesborough will be up there but I think Strachan is a spent force. Burnely have had a mention but I think they will not recover from their season in the premier.

So for me its us, QPR, Reading, Watford, Doncaster and the Jacks.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:30 pm

no one concerns me at all includinf QPR who I dont think will win the league, I predict they will end up in the play/offs.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:02 pm

ninianblue wrote:after the doncaster game, with the team we had, i couldnt see anyone in this league beating us,,,,,, at full strength , we are the best team in this league :ayatollah:

totally agreed :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm

pompey and leicester lol ---- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Lawnmower wrote:Finding it really difficult to single out any sides to fear apart from QPR.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Cardiff and Forest top two.

Ipswich
Leeds
Leicester
Watford.

I think QPR will fall by the wayside and go up next year

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:55 pm

As Mallo said, Pompey.

Once they get themselves sorted financially, they have someone waiting in the wings, could do a Sunderland.

QPR are the Palace of north London, no one gives a shit, poor mans Chelsea, pointless insignificant teams. Middlesbrough are fucked as they have Strachen, Ipswich with Keane are buggered as the Irish backers have now laundered most of the cash, Watford look a good bet early doors but for some reason or other will run out of cash, Doncaster will be an outsiders bet. Good football, good team spirit will be there or thereabouts. Derby could be the one to watch but apart from those we should piss this league :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:45 am

QPR will fall back a little when Tarabdt gets tired with the constant flow of games and Mackie and Co get a dry run....but I think they will be our strongest competitors. Our games against them should be interesting and If we can't get an atmosphere going for the home game we might as well all pack up....

Of the rest, I can't see anyone standing out from the pack except maybe for Watford, who are quietly going about their business. I think Forest will gather momentum later in the season too....but the rest will all take points off each other and that will help us, provided we keep playing to the standards we know we can achieve

Is there a BETTER team than us in this division?? Do we need to fear anyone other than ourselves?? Answer: NOPE!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "This is OUR time!!" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:55 am

at the moment, the 2 main teams are qpr & watford. they are flying right now..

the good thing is we dont have to play them until the end of nov & dec respectively, their form might have taken a dip by then or like us have some injuries. watford dont have the biggest squad and its quite a young squad too so i expect them to fade towards the end of the season.

with our main players back and firing though i dont fear anyone. :ayatollah: