Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: CARDIFF CAN NOW MAKE NEW SIGNINGS AFTER

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:26 am

UPDATED:

Cardiff City are finally able to trade in the January transfer window after FIFA and the EFL lifted embargoes which put a total ban on the club's ability to register new players.

The EFL assert the club were notified of the embargo more than 30 days, Cardiff are able to register new players but are unable to pay fees for them for the next three windows.
But that will suit this Regime.

Cardiff will be operating within this transfer window by bringing in only free transfers and loans.

UPDATED:

WEDNESDAY 11TH JANUARY 2023 2pm :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

FIFA and EFL lift Cardiff City transfer embargo as Bluebirds now free to make signings this month after paying £7million, first instalment of money owing for Emiliano Sala which Nantes FC will receive.

Cardiff City have had their transfer embargo lifted

Cardiff have paid the first instalment of the £15million ( now £20 million with interest and court fees) transfer fee, which was initially £5.3million but has risen to around £7million due to interest.

FIFA and EFL have lifted the transfer embargo placed upon Cardiff City.

News emerged last night the Bluebirds have paid the first instalment of the transfer fee to Nantes for Emiliano Sala, which is in the region of £7million.

In August 2022, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected Cardiff's appeal over paying the initial money owed to the French club and the Bluebirds were placed under a three-window transfer embargo.

However, Cardiff have paid the first instalment of the £15million transfer fee, which was initially £5.3million but has risen to around £7million due to interest.

UPDATED:

Cardiff City have actually paid £7mill for this instalment that was originally £5.3mill due to interest and fines and the other other 2 instalments are already late.

The Cardiff City board had tried to say Emiliano Sala was not a Cardiff City player.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

By Glen Williams

Wednesday 11th January 2023

Cardiff have paid the first instalment of the £15m transfer fee, which was initially £5.3m but has risen to around £7m due to interest, and expect FIFA to lift their ban on signings.

Cardiff City have paid Nantes FC the first instalment of the transfer fee for Emiliano Sala, WalesOnline has learned.

In August 2022, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected Cardiff's appeal over paying the initial money owed to the French club and the Bluebirds were placed under a three-window transfer embargo.

Cardiff have also written to the EFL, who have placed a separate embargo on them, asking for their sanctions to be lifted and hope to hear back on that front soon.

The Welsh capital city club have appealed the CAS hearing to a Swiss Federal Court, which is expected to give its verdict in the coming weeks.

Neil Warnock, who was Bluebirds manager at the time of Sala's death, always believed the Argentine forward would provide Cardiff with the goals to remain in the Premier League. However, four years on, Cardiff are near the bottom of the Championship and are facing a battle for survival.

It is understood the Bluebirds are ready to do business in this window in order to strengthen Mark Hudson's squad further, after a huge overhaul of playing staff last summer, to ensure their Championship status is consolidated for at least another year.

Sources insist transfer targets have already be drawn up in preparation for the embargoes to be lifted.

So far Cardiff City Chairman Mehmet Dalman has stated that the Sala Emiliano transfer has fee with costs has now risen to over £20million and that they have not got the money.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City have actually paid £7mill for this instalme

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:30 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: CARDIFF CITY HAVE ACTUALLY HAD TO PAY £7MILL A

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:42 am

Replies FB:

Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:46 am

This is indeed good news, but 1.7M on fees interest and fines??

It is shocking as that could have funded much needed team rebuilding.

Anyway, big question here is, once (if) embargo is lifted, will we actually now go put and sign the quality we need to stay in this division? If so, then its a huge boost.

If we remain a cost cutting team and rely on kids , what we have, and inadequate signings then not much has changed.

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:52 am

The mess this current board have got us in to, Tan needs to pay the remaining money owing and save interest and fines and future embargoes. All these years of court cases and wasted money to argue that Emiliano Sala was not our player, how embarrassed, it’s worse than outrageous.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:56 am

I am not absolutely certain but I am confident enough to say that now that we’ve settled the first installment , the other two installments have to be paid immediately .

I am confident (but not certain ) that we had to pay 3 equal installments separated by one year each.

The second and third installments were therefore due in early 2020 and 2021 .

We will also have to pay interest and costs .

Unless we reach some agreement with Nantes , I am certain that we will have to pay .

Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:02 am

Reply FB:

Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:20 am

Barclay1 wrote:This is indeed good news, but 1.7M on fees interest and fines??

Anyway, big question here is, once (if) embargo is lifted, will we actually now go put and sign the quality we need to stay in this division? If so, then its a huge boost.

If we remain a cost cutting team and rely on kids , what we have, and inadequate signings then not much has changed.

Over to you Mr Tan.....

You will be moaning about the amount of debt next ,what a whopper you are .you want tan to leave but you want him to pay everything I'm surprised you havnt blamed tan for the plane crash yet .

Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:50 am

Replies FB:

Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:32 am

wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

You will be moaning about the amount of debt next ,what a whopper you are .you want tan to leave but you want him to pay everything I'm surprised you havnt blamed tan for the plane crash yet .

Wez,

Of course he is going to be moaning about the Debt, the debt is Tans responsibility.

95% of fans our fans want Tan out including Tan himself :lol:

Wez you are in the minority.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

We should send that proof to the EFL, the FAW and the Premier league who all refuse to accept that we signed him due to the paper work being incomplete. Sala, being signed for us, according to the photo, died in service, so the Premier league MUST pay the family £ one million, they wont because he was not registered, the PFA can't help the family because he was not formally signed and could not train or play for Cardiff until the official paper work was completed. So the family get nothing other than the fund set up by Cardiff City to help them whilst this is being sorted. Tan will always be a wanker in my eyes for the red shirts but despite the facts that he was not COMPLETELY signed properly, which lets off the PL from paying the family, FIFA are saying he was signed enough of the paperwork that Cardiff can go into an embargo or pay the fee.No wonder Tan and his cronies are livid and tried everything to come to some sort of deal with Nantes

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:09 pm

Dont buy a car of Ken Choo ffs either!, if it goes wrong he will say it wasnt his

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

Of course he is going to be moaning about the Debt, the debt is Tans responsibility.

People wanting to keep Tan are certainly in the 5% minority on this board, of that there is no doubt. However, as for City fans in general your claim of 95% is wildly inaccurate and has no substance.

I think it’s more about 50/50. But I would accept that many, including me, would want Tan to sell up if there is a viable bidder that will satisfy Tan’s demands.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:18 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

People wanting to keep Tan are certainly in the 5% minority on this board, of that there is no doubt. However, as for City fans in general your claim of 95% is wildly inaccurate and has no substance.

I think it’s more about 50/50. But I would accept that many, including me, would want Tan to sell up if there is a viable bidder that will satisfy Tan’s demands.

Bang on ,annis loves to add a bit more on .

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:26 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

On FB , Twitter and in general.

Fb is far worse than this forum.

100% def not 50/50.

I actually only know Wez in person that wants to keep Tan.
I don’t know anyone else and I know thousands on Fb.

Tan made the debts and you and Wez use to say to it does not matter it’s his personal debt?
But it’s not is it.

And as I said to Wez I stand by this, it’s now about £30mill to Dalman and £20 mill to another person all at high interest.

The whole mess on and of the pitch is all down to one man at the Top you and Wez’s mate Tan.
There is NO doubt at all.

Look the first payment has already cost us nearly £2mill more, it’s beyond a joke.

I noticed you 2 and say 3 more try always to twist or divert from the main topics.

Tan tried to make out Sala was not our player and yet he always was.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:30 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Dont buy a car of Ken Choo ffs either!, if it goes wrong he will say it wasnt his

:lol:

I forgot Ken Choo sells cars full-time in London according to his own words , oops hang on he’s our CEO on massive wages , I am sure his is?

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:31 pm

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... ous/219608

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

100% def not 50/50.

Tan made the debts and you and Wez use to say to it does not matter it’s his personal debt?
But it’s not is it.

And as I said to Wez I stand by this, it’s now about £30mill to Dalman and £20 mill to another person all at high interest.

The whole mess on and of the pitch is all down to one man at the Top you and Wez’s mate Tan.

Look the first payment has already cost us nearly £2mill more, it’s beyond a joke.

I noticed you 2 and say 3 more try always to twist or divert from the main topics.

You love adding a few million on unless Dalman has lent the club another 11 million this year we owe his company less than 19 million ? Your ignoring the last few months where I've said on this message board and to you in conversations,if Tan is not going to invest more money then he should sell . Either you got a bit of amnesia or blind ignorant hmmmmmmm

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

100% def not 50/50.

But it’s not is it.

You’re twisting what I have said about the Sala ownership issue.

What I have said is that the club is right to take this to the highest courts/tribunals. This has been required to establish ownership beyond doubt and to enable the upcoming legal actions to proceed on a much stronger footing.

I stand by that and, personally, I believe the only way we will end up paying the full fee if, as part if selling the club, Tan decides to just cut his losses for time issues.

As for you claiming Facebook backs up your claim on percentages: well of course it does !!!! You decide who can comment on your Facebook site just like I would do, therefore the likelihood is that the vast majority of people will be your friends or like minded people. I have no issue with that but you can’t really use that as a good barometer !!

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:39 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

100% def not 50/50.

But it’s not is it.

What I have said is that the club is right to take this to the highest courts/tribunals. This has been required to establish ownership beyond doubt and to enable the upcoming legal actions to proceed on a much stronger footing.

I stand by that and, personally, I believe the only way we will end up paying the full fee if, as part if selling the club, Tan decides to just cut his losses for time issues.

As for you claiming Facebook backs up your claim on percentages: well of course it does !!!! You decide who can comment on your Facebook site just like I would do, therefore the likelihood is that the vast majority of people will be your friends or like minded people. I have no issue with that but you can’t really use that as a good barometer !!

But they knew from day one that Sala was our player and registered with us.

Wrong again,

I have 20,000 plus followers , plus 4 groups total 50,000, they all say what they want.

You actually really don’t know what you are talking about, a bit like our Hierarchy clueless beyond belief.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

100% def not 50/50.

But it’s not is it.

Wrong again,

I have 20,000 plus followers , plus 4 groups total 50,000, they all say what they want.

You actually really don’t know what you are talking about, a bit like our Hierarchy clueless beyond belief.

The pfa and premier league still won't acknowledge that he was our player tho, they are still saying that sala tranafer wasn't completed so cardiff are in a hard place .

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

100% def not 50/50.

But it’s not is it.

Wrong again,

The pfa and premier league still won't acknowledge that he was our player tho, they are still saying that sala tranafer wasn't completed so cardiff are in a hard place .

So Wez, are you saying as well that Sala was not our player, even after three different courts all say Sala was a Cardiff City player??? and Tan has just paid £7mill towards Sala and much much more Tan will be paying.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Over to you Mr Tan.....

Wez,

100% def not 50/50.

But it’s not is it.

Wrong again,

So Wez, are you saying as well that Sala was not our player, even after three different courts all say Sala was a Cardiff City player??? and Tan has just paid £7mill towards Sala and much much more Tan will be paying.

Read what I have said not me ,the pfa and premier league are still not acknowledging it . Fifa say he was registered at there end but others aint .

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Dont buy a car of Ken Choo ffs either!, if it goes wrong he will say it wasnt his

:lol:

I forgot Ken Choo sells cars full-time in London according to his own words , oops hang on he’s our CEO on massive wages , I am sure his is?

Replies FB:

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:11 pm

The EFL has lifted the transfer embargo on city.

Next up the Fifa embargo.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:14 pm

The English Football League has lifted the transfer embargo on Championship strugglers Cardiff City.

BBC

The move follows Cardiff paying the first instalment of £7mill of the £15mill plus transfer fee for striker Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash en route to joining the club in January 2019.

The Bluebirds are no longer on the EFL's list of embargoed clubs.

Global governing body Fifa has yet to confirm whether its separate embargo has also been lifted.

Fifa imposed a transfer embargo for three transfers windows following Cardiff's refusal to pay the first instalment of the fee they had agreed for Argentine striker Sala.

Cardiff had insisted Sala was not officially registered as their player.

They lost their appeal against that ruling by Fifa at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne in 2022.

Podcast: Transfer - The Emiliano Sala story
Legal discussions are still continuing with the club appealing to a Swiss Federal Court.

Following the CAS ruling, Cardiff received an invoice from Nantes for the first instalment of £5.3m of the fee.

BBC Wales Sport has learned Cardiff have this week paid a sum of approximately £7m to meet that demand and to cover interest.

The lifting of the EFL embargo is the first step in manager Mark Hudson being able to operate in the current January transfer window.

Cardiff are currently two places and two points above the Championship's relegation zone, and they are the lowest scorers in the division.

When the club first announced they were under an embargo, chairman Mehmet Dalman said Hudson had been told to "get his targets in place".

The transfer window closes on Tuesday, 31 January at 23:00 GMT.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:22 pm

barnet blue wrote:The EFL has lifted the transfer embargo on city.

Next up the Fifa embargo.

Miles behind you are staff

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:24 pm

All this Tan love in is pathetic. He could have paid up and continue to pursue his legal fight if he so wished. There was no need to jeapordize the good name and fortunes of the club not to speak of the well-being of a bereaved family.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:28 pm

Always City wrote:All this Tan love in is pathetic. He could have paid up and continue to pursue his legal fight if he so wished. There was no need to jeapordize the good name and fortunes of the club not to speak of the well-being of a bereaved family.

Easily to say that when it's not your money ay? .potentially 20 million down the drain.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:30 pm

I am a little confused!

It was my understanding that EFL were mirroring the FIFA embargo, and it is confirmed by the EFL that they have now lifted it, however surely FIFA should be leading the way on lifting the embargo first following the the payment from City.

So are we now free to operate within this transfer window or not? :roll: