Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I must say that now that this ugly and

Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:52 am

EMILIANO SALA CONCLUSION :

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226

My View / Feelings:

I must say that now that this ugly and painful episode appears to be coming to an end as far as the payment to Nantes is concerned ….. I have the following feelings and comments :

(1) We as a Club have been damned unlucky to have lost Sala . We have ended up paying well over £20 million ….. which is a very very big sum to carry …and to make it worse and significantly we were never able to use his talent which may have affected our PL status .

(2) Even though everyone knows what I think of Tan ….. I must say that part of me feels sympathy for him , because he is personally having to foot the bill now . This payment has been cruel and definitely was a very hard pill to swallow . I can’t help but believe that taking Nantes to court was motivated by the frustration of having to pay circa £15 million for getting nothing and not by the legal merits of the case.

(3) Like Cornelius before him Sala was a Tan decision as Tan has the final decision on all signings and the final say on everything that happens at our club and many would say rightly so as he is the owner ….not a collective decision . He did it on advice from the manager and ignored others advice ….that is why he was ,understandably , bitter towards the manager.

(4) We never had any real chance of winning the court cases and proceeding with the cases has cost us very dearly financially as well as it affected our reputation.

(5) The non insurance of Sala is not yet clear ….. but suffice to say someone in the Club’s administration must be held responsible .

(6) I believe (but do not really know) that perusing the broker in court is yet anither total waste of money , time and energy . However , I hope that I am wrong .

(7) I believe that we have no well founded reasons to sue anyone else. Suing people with no money will be daft . We will not succeed if we sue Nantes …… Sala was our player and even if the ‘agent’ was their agent …… he was only their agent for the sale of Sala ….. and once completed he was not acting for them ….besides I thought that it was his children who were our employees who were involved in arranging the flight and it was our man who went to meet Sala at the Cardiff airport.

Also what was the agent supposed to do ? Check that the plane was airworthy and that the pilot had a license ?Remember that the agent was a big buddy of Warnock and that Warnock (I believe) had used the same airline company to travel to Nantes . The bottom line is that Sala made those decisions himself and that it was fate that he got into this plane with this pilot .

Also remember the Agent has nothing / bankrupt, so no point suing as it would be costly and we would get nothing no matter the outcome.

(8) Plus Emiliano Sala was actually registered as a Cardiff City player, with the Welsh FA. No he was not registered with the Premier, but that’s a competition we enter. Now that Tan has finally paid the 1st instalment £7mill instead of £5.3mill due to interest, that mean that he has accepted that Emiliano Sala was our player (4 years later ).

(9) My conclusion is that -

Tan should pay up in full to Nantes as well as all the legal costs and interest etc…. He has had the embargoes lifted and he and the club don’t want that to happen again and we should now concentrate on the football and keep our club in the Championship.

We are a bloody football Club ….not a company who spends its whole time in courts - particularly that we seem to lose almost all our cases .

Tan must accept the cruel consequences of this unlucky fateful episode and move on.

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I must say that now that this ugly and

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:00 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:06 am

I do know that we are now in talks with Nantes to try and finally settle, but Nantes now are in total control:

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:13 am

I agree mate, the board and the fans now need to get back to discussing football and all of us helping to keeping our club in the Championship, maybe Tan has finally learned and no more court cases and it’s the football on the pitch that matters.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 am

Reply FB:

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:45 am

I think that is a very fair summary.

It confirms fact where there is fact, and accepts there are areas we dont know.

There is also a note of empathy for the postion Tan found himself in at certain points.

Can we do a deal with Nantes to finally put this behind us and let everybody involved in this most dreadful event move on?

Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:46 am

On principle I’d like us to sue the McKays for everything they have left

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:04 am

How was Sala (and Cornelius) a Tan decision but on the suggestion of the manager? He took the advice of his head of football if it was on the manager’s advice.

Makes no sense that mate.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:06 am

Barclay1 wrote:I think that is a very fair summary.

It confirms fact where there is fact, and accepts there are areas we dont know.

There is also a note of empathy for the postion Tan found himself in at certain points.

Can we do a deal with Nantes to finally put this behind us and let everybody involved in this most dreadful event move on?

Is it empathy or sympathy you are feeling? Did you find yourself 15 mill down?

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:12 am

Reply FB:

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:56 am

Replies FB:

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:09 am

Is there any chance this might persuade Mr Tan to get a DoF in?

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:12 am

Point 8, ES was not registered with the Premier,,, does this mean that his family are not entitled to the compensation that a fully registered PL players family, or next of kin, would receive through death in service?

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:18 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Point 8, ES was not registered with the Premier,,, does this mean that his family are not entitled to the compensation that a fully registered PL players family, or next of kin, would receive through death in service?

Sadly correct Rick.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:29 am

The guy who went to meet Sala's plane at Cardiff Airport, a club player liason officer, mysteriously disappeared and resigned as matters on Sala entered the court. I think his name was Davies.

Choo was at the epicentre of the Sala deal - contract control, insurance arrangments and announcing the player in the media - is still at Cardiff City FC.

You have to ask the question why? His sheer incompentance is extradinary. The man should have been removed from his position years ago.

But Choo is the tip of a gargantuan iceberg of incompetance at Cardiff City FC.

There are many unanswered questions such as what individual was responsible in notifying the insurance company/broker on Sala? Was indeed it Choo?

If the club had a proper Director of Football established things like player contracts, agent liason and player/travel and accommodation arrangments fall under their remit.

A proper DOF would deem many of the expensive club cling-ons redudant. Decisions would be streamlined and clinical.

Choo has been doing two top-line jobs for a number of years - spreading himself too thin for his clear limited ability.

I am afraid it takes a tragic and expensive situation such as Sala to bring matters into focus.

Tan has fundamentally been a great owner of Cardiff City FC for almost 13 years.

His biggest error - besides those stupid red shirts and badge which cost the club millions in marketing revenue - is appointing individuals not competant enough to fulfill integral roles within the club.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:57 am

barnet blue wrote:The guy who went to meet Sala's plane at Cardiff Airport, a club player liason officer, mysteriously disappeared and resigned as matters on Sala entered the court. I think his name was Davies.

Choo was at the epicentre of the Sala deal - contract control, insurance arrangments and announcing the player in the media - is still at Cardiff City FC.

You have to ask the question why? His sheer incompentance is extradinary. The man should have been removed from his position years ago.

But Choo is the tip of a gargantuan iceberg of incompetance at Cardiff City FC.

There are many unanswered questions such as what individual was responsible in notifying the insurance company/broker on Sala? Was indeed it Choo?

If the club had a proper Director of Football established things like player contracts, agent liason and player/travel and accommodation arrangments fall under their remit.

A proper DOF would deem many of the expensive club cling-ons redudant. Decisions would be streamlined and clinical.

Choo has been doing two top-line jobs for a number of years - spreading himself too thin for his clear limited ability.

I am afraid it takes a tragic and expensive situation such as Sala to bring matters into focus.

Tan has fundamentally been a great owner of Cardiff City FC for almost 13 years.

His biggest error - besides those stupid red shirts and badge which cost the club millions in marketing revenue - is appointing individuals not competant enough to fulfill integral roles within the club.

Was the information that Daya put out immediately after the tragic incident, regarding the actions of certain club individuals valid?

It certainly makes you think.... I wonder?

Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:11 pm

Yes Annis, I would agree with your post, as much I know we all dislike many of the actions and impacts made by Vincent Tan, I do feel that he has been shafted by a number of people over the course of his ownership, I think he is guilty of placing people into key roles within the club who were not up to the job.

It is clear that he has committed a great deal of money to the position which has not had the impact it should had. :bluebird:

Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:13 pm

Whistler wrote:Yes Annis, I would agree with your post, as much I know we all dislike many of the actions and impacts made by Vincent Tan, I do feel that he has been shafted by a number of people over the course of his ownership, I think he is guilty of placing people into key roles within the club who were not up to the job.

It is clear that he has committed a great deal of money to the position which has not had the impact it should had. :bluebird:

With you on much of this, I agree that his appointments under him, in my view have let Our club and him down, but they are still here? and run his other bossiness?

Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:40 pm

I don't think a DoF would make a blind bit of difference at the club while you have the likes of VT who like to meddle in team affairs (if true of course), might as well appoint any one. 2 Directors who are never here, one a car salesmen ffs.

Now the embargo is lifted is MH the man to find new players for us that can change our season, I am not sure he is, but who is I have no idea. Big no to go down MM, DJ route as we might as well get Slade back to save us money as well.

I think the only way anything will change is new owners with a bit of passion for the club to do well, will that happen only time will tell. The embargo is lifted but I still think we will be in a relegation battle come the end of season. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:35 pm

English F.l.
Wound me up at the time they would not give an exstension to out transfer window saying it would set a presitant and cardiff would have an advantage even though most prem clubs at the time where happy for cardiff to have an extension
It should have been the other way around we where at a disadvantage while all other clubs where busy in the transfer market
and due to the fact cardiff where having to deal with the immediate family coast gaurd police press
Never forgave the EFL
for that or snowgate.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:27 pm

montyblue wrote:English F.l.
Wound me up at the time they would not give an exstension to out transfer window saying it would set a presitant and cardiff would have an advantage even though most prem clubs at the time where happy for cardiff to have an extension
It should have been the other way around we where at a disadvantage while all other clubs where busy in the transfer market
and due to the fact cardiff where having to deal with the immediate family coast gaurd police press
Never forgave the EFL
for that or snowgate.

100%.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:19 pm

I can feel empathy for Tan someone had to pay and it was us as he was a ccfc player.I do feel Tan should of had some insurance on the player so did we.15 mill for nothing and the actually lost his life.Its a horrible situation for anyone especially salas family. I totally understand why Tan didn't want to pay and if the club have all the legality in place we should get money back maybe thats the next play.
I do not no if we had any kind of insurance on sala to do this either way i do have symphony for Tan and salas family a horrible unusual situation for any club anywhere

Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:21 pm

JulesK wrote:
montyblue wrote:English F.l.
Never forgave the EFL
for that or snowgate.

100%.

Spot.on

Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:51 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Point 8, ES was not registered with the Premier,,, does this mean that his family are not entitled to the compensation that a fully registered PL players family, or next of kin, would receive through death in service?

Yes. He was registered as a CCFC player. But not registered to play for us in the competition known as the PL. Unfortunately it’s not all automatic

Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:12 pm

And. Have to say, fair play Annis for your OP. :clap:

Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:37 am

M4 Exile wrote:On principle I’d like us to sue the McKays for everything they have left

Bang on , the whole involvement of that agent and his kids is grubby at best .

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:45 am

Annis, you've been clear, consistent and vocal on your position on this throughout and a s you say your dislike of the owner are well known - never met you but read a lot of your posts over the years and lets be fair, your not someone that shies away from saying what they believe to be true (a very admirable quality in my opinion for what its worth).

However, this summary is genuinely a very, very balanced take on the saga. Showing an understanding from both sides is a hard thing to achieve especially when you strongly disagree with the other side's actions - as you clearly have done across the last few years regarding the way the club have persued this in court.

I read your posts on the matches every week, but this is probably one of the best-written and most important posts you've put on this message board certainly since I joined (over a decade ago now -Christ that makes me feel old!)

Hopefully we can as a club and a fanbase start to move past this tragic saga at last but to do so we can't keep trying to blame ourselves or anyone else for what was at the end of the day a tragic accident.

To do that we need to at least try to understand that at the end of the day, whether it is trying to defend the clubs finance through all those appeals or trying to defend the clubs honour by vocally criticising the endless appeals - on both sides of the spectrum people were trying to defend the club we all love.

Your excellent post feels like an opportunity to remember that. It is a great post Annis, it really is, good job mate. :thumbup:

:bluebird:

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:03 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Annis, you've been clear, consistent and vocal on your position on this throughout and a s you say your dislike of the owner are well known - never met you but read a lot of your posts over the years and lets be fair, your not someone that shies away from saying what they believe to be true (a very admirable quality in my opinion for what its worth).

However, this summary is genuinely a very, very balanced take on the saga. Showing an understanding from both sides is a hard thing to achieve especially when you strongly disagree with the other side's actions - as you clearly have done across the last few years regarding the way the club have persued this in court.

I read your posts on the matches every week, but this is probably one of the best-written and most important posts you've put on this message board certainly since I joined (over a decade ago now -Christ that makes me feel old!)

Hopefully we can as a club and a fanbase start to move past this tragic saga at last but to do so we can't keep trying to blame ourselves or anyone else for what was at the end of the day a tragic accident.

To do that we need to at least try to understand that at the end of the day, whether it is trying to defend the clubs finance through all those appeals or trying to defend the clubs honour by vocally criticising the endless appeals - on both sides of the spectrum people were trying to defend the club we all love.

Your excellent post feels like an opportunity to remember that. It is a great post Annis, it really is, good job mate. :thumbup:

Thank you Kris,

I really appreciate your comments and yes I do stick to my principles and say how I see it and feel.

We love our club dearly and we all take thing’s differently sometimes.

Why I do get so strong against the Regime sometimes, is because I know so many things and 100% don’t believe they are our future.

But I wanted to show both sides in this post.

Much appreciated again, thank you :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:15 am

:thumbup:
Forever Blue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:Annis, you've been clear, consistent and vocal on your position on this throughout and a s you say your dislike of the owner are well known - never met you but read a lot of your posts over the years and lets be fair, your not someone that shies away from saying what they believe to be true (a very admirable quality in my opinion for what its worth).

Thank you Kris,

I really appreciate your comments and yes I do stick to my principles and say how I see it and feel.

Why I do get so strong against the Regime sometimes, is because I know so many things and 100% don’t believe they are our future.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:35 pm

Whistler wrote::thumbup:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thank you Kris,

:thumbup: