Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NEW FANS/REAL FANS "

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Well now lets think ahead that game has gone now. now we can create a much better atmosphere on tuesday night as ali
says:" SUPPORT THE BOYS AND MAKE SOME NOISE :director: :director: :director: :director: :director: :director: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I will be susprised to find any club supporters in the land who will tell you that their atmosphere is now better since going to an all seater stadium. Not sure whether there's a answer either. The advantage of terraces is that your free to stand with like minded fans.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Dicey wrote:I will be susprised to find any club supporters in the land who will tell you that their atmosphere is now better since going to an all seater stadium. Not sure whether there's a answer either. The advantage of terraces is that your free to stand with like minded fans.

^^^ Very true :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Apart from the holligans who arguably kept thousands of supporters away from the club, arguably doing their bit to bring the club they claimed to love to near extinction in the process, there are two types of people who piss me off down there these days.

1. Those telling people to sit down/shut up
2. Those yelling at people to sing.

I had both at the play offs in Wembley. Some dickhead at the front who spent most of the game with his back to the pitch yelling at everyone to sing, and a dickhead behind moaning every time we all stood up at an exciting bit.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:52 pm

I am not a new fan.....An old one from afar.....living in cologne and still getting support from here. Even die hard cologne fans look for our results now. :ayatollah: always blue :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 am

nik_taff wrote:I am not a new fan.....An old one from afar.....living in cologne and still getting support from here. Even die hard cologne fans look for our results now. :ayatollah: always blue :ayatollah:

Great to hear Nik :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

surely theres people here that can raise these issues with the right people..its an important factor, which surely has an effect on the team.

take millwall on staurday. the atmosphere was supposedly cr@p. and it was one of our worst performances.

how much of a difference to the teams performance would it have made if all the players could hear were cardiff fans???

you get all the fans who want to sing/chant etc in the one stand and the volume increases, the volume increases and you get a good atmosphere. you get a good atmosphere and surely it makes the team play better???

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 am

Bluebandit wrote:In my opinion, the new stadium is not the problem, it's the allocation of the stands.

I have said many times that the Canton stand needs switching with the Grange end, back to how it was.

At Ninian park we had the away fans in between the Grange enders and block A of the Grandstand.

The noise from that end of the ground when it was really on fire was immense!.

The Bob Bank noise would feed off the Grange end, Grandsatand block A off the Grange end and all this "Horseshoe" would be

fed by the regular taunts from and towards the away fans "sandwiched" in the middle getting verbally attacked from both

sides. The Spar familly stand was still very well populated even then, so I find it difficult they thought replicating this in

the new stadium would deter "New" fans from coming!.

You will never convince me it was down to safety, simply if you look at where the away fans are now and how many stewards

are present flanking them, coupled with the "sterile" no seating zone, is much better than at Ninian park. The only thing the

CCS does not have is the safety curtain but I would gladly accept a curtain either side of the away fans if we could return

the CCS to the layout as it was at Ninian. Let's be honest, we all miss the atmosphere as it was at N.P. and I think we

desperately need it back. Now imagine how this "Horseshoe" of noise would sound in a "Bowl" type stadium like we now have

at CCS!.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

See any of my many posts on this , including over the last couple of days.

The club will NOT change the current configuration of the stadium seating for the following main reasons:-

1) the current set up reduces the risk of confrontation between the less welcome elements of home support and visiting fans

2) because of 1) there has been a huge reduction in the policing costs the club has to bear each season (hundreds of thousands of £ per season ) so they can use the money for more beneficial reasons.

3)everyone in the Family (Grange) Stand was asked in a club survey earlier this year do they like the current set-up and only 1 respondent said they wanted to swap ends of the ground.

And when you say "we all" miss the atmosphere at Ninian Park , who are you speaking for? Many feel the same as you , it would seem , but a large number who have expressed an opinion on messageboards have a different view it would seem. And the vast majority of fans don`t even look on messageboards - but those who have been asked direct by the club (see above) also want to stay as they are.

Keith