Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

barnsley

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:19 pm

so undecided on whether to go or not?
if do go it will be proper way thou, choo choo.....................................
whos going an how? an please no dibs travel ;)

Re: barnsley

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Just bought mine+3 tickets :ayatollah:

I think you should go mate ;)

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 pm

ely trendy wrote:so undecided on whether to go or not?
if do go it will be proper way thou, choo choo.....................................

i can't be arsed to go and ive got a house there! It's a shithole of a place after 10 mins you want to leave the ground and go to the nearest pub!!!! :roll:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:22 pm

sam salim wrote:

i can't be arsed to go and ive got a house there! It's a shithole of a place after 10 mins you want to leave the ground and go to the nearest pub!!!! :roll:

Sam Your Avitar :o

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:25 pm

sam salim wrote:

Last year it absolutely hammerred down all through the game.

Seemed a desolate place, but the town had a nostalgic atmosphere about it. Almost a throw back to the old days of footy. Rickety stands, a stand to our right that looked 100 years old, and virtually empty, coach park was gravel and grass, the ground seems to dominate the town. Amazing that a place not much bigger than Merthyr gets 12000 each week - but it seems the footy club was the soul of the town, as it seems to be in many places up North in particular.

Plenty of room and I went right down the front for 5-10 minutes, it felt almost like I was on the pitch, you could hear the plaers calling and see the action at our end real close. Unfortunately we lost 1-0 to a last minute goal :(

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 pm

I think its a great ground. Ok we got soaked last season even though we were undercover but thats the North for you.

Never thought of it as a place like Merthyr regarding its size so to get 12,000 there just goes to show how strong football is in Barnsley. If we could match that percent average well perhaps a 35,000 stadium is required.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sam salim wrote:

Sam Your Avitar :o

What is it? It doesnt load for me :lol:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:08 pm

I cant make Barnsley but i will be at Coventry and Reading. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 am

undecided still, been there so many times ,
its the point of the day normally about half time when i think to myself "what the hell am i doing here"

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 am

ive never been trying to convince my mates that we should head up there from nottingham :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:46 am

I went to Oakwell in 1981 when we won 1 - 0 thanks to Gary " Basil Fawlty " Stephens and I got soaked ........ it pissed down and we were stood on the open terrace behind the goal . Always remember the Barnsley fans singing that after the game we would have to walk thru " the valley of death " ................ yeah whatever :old: :lol: