Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOW: JUST PLEASE NO MORE FRON THIS REGIME:

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:40 pm

So Emiliano Sala as we always said was Not insured:

Don’t tell me the usual suspects will try their best to twist & say it’s not true, please everyone open your eyes , it’s one thing after another.

At least we actually know who Wez is and says how he feels, perhaps the rest work for them, surely you all can’t keep sticking up for them, it’s one disaster or lie after another.

Enough crap from this Regime

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226 :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WOW: JUST PLEASE NO MORE FRON THIS REGIME:

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:46 pm

Mentioned this in another thread but I'm struggling to believe this. I would say the club applied for cover before the flight but never checked if it was completed.

When we all buy our car insurance we get confirmations that we will be covered from the day we requested. Surely the same procedure would apply here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:50 pm

Cardiff City tried to take out £20m insurance on Emiliano Sala the day after he was killed in a plane crash, say papers filed to the High Court.
Sala's plane crashed into the English Channel on 21 January 2019, killing the striker and pilot David Ibbotson.
A company of insurance brokers said the club failed to get cover before Sala's plane went down in January 2019.
Cardiff City bosses are seeking damages of more than £10m from insurance brokers following the crash.

But the club have been unable to claim back the money paid for Sala after insurers refused to pay out.

Cardiff City FC is suing insurance broker Miller Insurance LLP claiming it owes more than £10m in a High Court bid.
The club says the firm failed to say players would not be covered if they were not "timely informed" of new signings such as their new star striker.

The plane disappeared from radar near Guernsey on its way to Cardiff from Nantes
But lawyers representing the brokers say it was not up to them to "chase" club bosses over making sure new signings were insured and that the club were "fully aware" Sala was not insured.
Alistair Schaff KC told the High Court that Cardiff City contacted insurers regarding Sala on 22 January 2019, the morning after his flight went missing off the coast of Alderney.

Mr Schaff said the club made contact via email seeking £20m coverage for Sala.

Cardiff City claim Miller Insurance failed to properly explain the concept of an "insurable interest" for football player transfers and the requirement of a "prompt" notification of the transfer in order to secure

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:51 pm

I dont think for one second this is correct. Lets all just wait and see what happens. I would be amazed if this turns oit to be true. Lets not forget whilst the football knowledge from the board is almost non existent. Im sure there lot would not be stupid enough to try and insure a players after the incident. Well i hope this is the case anyway. This is not a pro Tan post. Ive supported him all through but think his time is up. But only if the right buyer is found. If Tan leaves who else will want us?

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:53 pm

brithdirblue wrote:I dont think for one second this is correct. Lets all just wait and see what happens. I would be amazed if this turns oit to be true. Lets not forget whilst the football knowledge from the board is almost non existent. Im sure there lot would not be stupid enough to try and insure a players after the incident. Well i hope this is the case anyway. This is not a pro Tan post. Ive supported him all through but think his time is up. But only if the right buyer is found. If Tan leaves who else will want us?

Unbelievable:

Well let’s now see them Sue the BBC & the Courts.

They are suing everyone else as apparently it’s never their faults , yet lose all the Court Cases.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:54 pm

So who is Wez?

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:56 pm

I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would attempt to do this.

Would be a blatant attempt fraud.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:57 pm

keanoswinklepickers wrote:So who is Wez?

To be fair a very loyal City fan I have known for over 29 yrs, but had been hip mortised by Tan :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:58 pm

Wayne S wrote:I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would attempt to do this.

Shocking if true, buts it’s always been said they forgot to take out insurance.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would attempt to do this.

The last thing you do if you forget to take out insurance is then try and take it out after such a high profile and tragic accident.

You are chancing a term in jail. You'd have to be an idiot.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:01 pm

Misleading headline.

Club didn’t “try and insure” after he had died rather tried to claim on insurance the club presumed they already had (that new signings would be automatically covered).

Now, as for being a massive incompetence again by those in charge is a different story, but it’s not quite the sensationalist evil insurance fraud headlines are making out

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:06 pm

Replies on BBC Twitter:

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:08 pm

Replies on BBC Twitter:

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

It would be pretty awful if this is true.

However, don’t forget the people claiming this are the brokers that the club is currently suing ! They’re hardly an independent view in this !

Let the courts decide. If this is true then the case won’t even get to trial because the judge won’t waste court time on it.

I don’t think this case will succeed anyway, it’s the cases against those who have already been found culpable (and their insurers) in the criminal courts where the club has a decent chance of recouping at least some of the money.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It would be pretty awful if this is true.

However, don’t forget the people claiming this are the brokers that the club is currently suing ! They’re hardly an independent view in this !

Let the courts decide. If this is true then the case won’t even get to trial because the judge won’t waste court time on it.

I don’t think this case will succeed anyway, it’s the cases against those who have already been found culpable (and their insurers) in the criminal courts where the club has a decent chance of recouping at least some of the money.

Perfect, I agree once again let the Courts decide .

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:23 pm

Please let me, and everyone else concerned, understand the time line, and events regarding this most tragic, and sad affair: Emiliano Sala was signed by Cardiff City AFC on Saturday 19th January 2019, immediately after City's 3-0 defeat at Newcastle Utd.

At that time he was Cardiff City's record signing, in excess of £15 million.

He was then flown back over to Nantes to say goodbye to his former team mates, and was, shortly after that weekend, arranged to be flown back to Cardiff airport on the following Monday, 21st January... during which the awful and needles (Imho) tragic accident occurred?

I find it very hard to believe,,,,, shocked really, that a player,,, any player, let alone our record signing, could be allowed to travel any how, and any where, without adequate insurance put in place right from the very beginning?

Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:51 pm

I would imagine most clubs have, block automatic insurance on players.
E. G If Chelsea sign a player at 22.59 and he dies at 23.01
Is he insured. I would imagine so
Takes, what the, Sala case is all about.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:23 pm

No they didn’t try and insure him next day… read all the facts…

Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:47 pm

From what I've read on the situation in the past. All Cardiff players are insured automatically under the same policy but some of the circumstances invalidate the insurance. Someone in the media is out to get us.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:51 pm

royalblue wrote:From what I've read on the situation in the past. All Cardiff players are insured automatically under the same policy but some of the circumstances invalidate the insurance. Someone in the media is out to get us.

that’s how i see it.. a lot of stirring go on, and some only read the headlines and don’t bother to get the facts before having a go.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:23 pm

keanoswinklepickers wrote:So who is Wez?

Not sure why you've brought my name into this I've not even commented on this subject but will do now I've got 10million employers liability insurance in my business I don't have to state the names of all the employees it's blanket coverage .I would be surprised if cardiff city is less than that and different to other businesses.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:09 pm

Mine was earlier wez, alluding I worked for Tan, gone missing now.?????..

Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:54 am

This forum is turning into a propaganda machine, and not agreeing with the propaganda machine/ fake news gets you called out.