Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WOULD A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN/CITY FAN STOP GOING "

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 pm

TO WATCH HIS LOCAL FOOTBALL CLUB CARDIFF CITY etc etc
Because Ninian Park was old/terrible state ?
Because Cardiff City Ikea Stadium Had No Atmosphere ?

YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE

WOULD YOU STOP BECAUSE/ GIVE A REASON IF YOU WOULD

DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO HAS ?

Re: " WOULD A TRUE FOOTBALL FAN/CITY FAN STOP GOING "

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:42 pm

FIRSTLY I THINK ONCE A CITY FAN ALWAYS A CITY FAN

THERE WAS MORE ATMOSPHERE AT NINIAN PARK WITH A 1500 CROWD TO NOWADAYS 20K PLUS

THE QUESTION IS WHY?

CITY PLAY AWAY FOR EXAMPLE 300 FANS 3000 FANS DONT STOP SINGING ALL GAME

YET AT CCS ITS AWFUL

WE NEED TO GET IT BOUNCING EVERY GAME BUT THE CLUB NEED TO BE MORE RELAXED WITH HOME FANS

THREATS OF LIFE BANS FOR STANDING AND SINGING

SO YOU NEED TO MAKE VT AWARE OF THIS !

OTHER THAN THAT BEING A SEASON TICKET HOLDER WHO LOOKS FORWARD ONLY TO AWAY GAMES :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm

The only reason I'd stop going is if i physically couldn't.
Like this year I'm missing nearly all midweek games as I am working in Somerset, and do not have a car, meaning I physically cannot get to Cardiff till half 8 ish.
Other than that, no chance. Don't car where we are playing, who we are playing, or anything. Any true cardiff fan would be the same IMO :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:25 pm

If I am in a position to go I will. Thats all I'll say.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Once a fan always a fan. Through hard times and good. Being a fan is true loyality.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:TO WATCH HIS LOCAL FOOTBALL CLUB CARDIFF CITY etc etc

YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE

i hate the ccs
i have to pick and choose my games these days
but i find myself wanting to go less and less and getting my football fix at local league
before people call me a plastic/glory hunter i was there in the durban,4 div,pre-sam days(and loved it)

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:If I am in a position to go I will. Thats all I'll say.

THIS.. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

The main issue is getting it organized so that all the most vocal groups are in the same stand. Everything else will then fall into position, as if by magic. :ayatollah:

Trust me, I've seen it before. At a lot of different clubs.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Players come & go, managers come & go, & occasionally stadiums come & go, but one thing remains the same, LOYALTY! We really WILL support Cardiff City FC evermore, period! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Ccs means I can now see the whole pitch. I can also see with whoever is sat in front of me.
Yes miss ninian but it's brilliant to see so many youngsters at the new ground.
Time to move on.
Will be there whatever position in the league we are at.
Also let's remember we are seeing exciting times at the moment, there has been more consistent success in the last ten years than my previous thirty watching the city.
It really is an exciting time be a city supporter and for once I feel we are now making substantial headway into the egg support, never seen so many people talking about the city and not the egg.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 pm

damnedyank wrote:The main issue is getting it organized so that all the most vocal groups are in the same stand. Everything else will then fall into position, as if by magic. :ayatollah:

i find myself agreeing with this :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 pm

damnedyank wrote:The main issue is getting it organized so that all the most vocal groups are in the same stand. Everything else will then fall into position, as if by magic. :ayatollah:

What clubs? how did they do it? Can we contact there supporters clubs and get advice?
Carl, Annis, get on to it

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 pm

YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE

There were two guys from Penarth (I'll call them Doom and Gloom) who were at every home game and many away games for years and years. Never heard a positive comment from either of them to the point it became a standing joke amongst the group. Come to think of it, they were season ticket holders.

One gave up for the love of a woman (dropped his mates too, so not good) whilst the other drifted away for no real reason other than he was convinced the club would never go anywhere(!!) BUT, oddly enough (not!!) BOTH made a sudden re-appearance just befor the FA Cup Semi-Final and Final, as well as the Play-off Final.

Made my blood boil.... :x :x :x :x :x

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "Loyal Supporters Only!!" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 pm

NO! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 pm

We have become a victim of our own success. We all want progression, but to that we had to move to a new stadium, attract a new fan base. On a business point of view the transition has been good, we have a new stadium, good assets, good squad, and compete on different fronts. We have been to wembley three times. Could we have done this if we were still in the basement league attracting a 5k crowd, i think not....But we would have had a cracking atmosphere....

I miss games with great atmospheres, it was the atmospehre in the grange that attracted me to watch cardiff. I remember sitting in the bob bank and watching the grange bounce around and atmosphere it created...That was where i wanted to be. The new stadium can create a good atmosphere, the play off semi, and league game against leicester and the derby match to name a few. Its just doing it on a regular basis.

We need to find the balance between a good atmisphere at games and progression. I believe we will, but it masy take a while.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Yes. I follow City for it all, singing, banter, few beers and the football. I don't go cause Bellamy plays. I fell in love with city in the old div 4, the atmosphere kept me going. Now its dead and the fun is going with it, its all getting too serious. The only way to get the atmosphere back is to swap the ends because you can hardly hear the away end. If this does not happen I can't see it ever improving. You need to be able to hear each other for the banter, not the just singing to no one. Still we are not the only ones. If ever stopped going, I would always have City at heart.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Alot of mention about swopping the Canton end for the family stand. Well guys that is not going to happen due to the fact the present setup saves thousands on police costs. To me it looks bad using families to achieve that.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 am

I would watch City in the Conference if so be it and during the 80's it nearly happened plus Im proud to say Ive sat and stood in every stand / terrace at Ninian Park and been there in 35,000 and 1,500 ! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:47 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I would watch City in the Conference if so be it and during the 80's it nearly happened plus Im proud to say Ive sat and stood in every stand / terrace at Ninian Park and been there in 35,000 and 1,500 ! :ayatollah:

I am totally with you on that Martyn, It would Not matter what League they were in, I would be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

9 yrs in the Dungeon league and I never missed an Away game, GREAT DAYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 am

Annis there was 1 season where me and my mates even talked about renewing our season tickets if we dropped to the conference if the worst happened , and we all said yes we would :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I stopped going away regularly in 1983 due to work committments but I saw the odd game tho , sometimes the crowd changes were tannoyed to the players there was so little there :lol:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 am

I let my season ticket lapse because of money reasons so I've got to pick and choose my games this season and can't make tonight. There will be other games this season I can't make but I will never stop going completely and will only miss a handful of games, mainly the night ones. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices and it's been a very, very hard decision to cut back on my football, but I really have to do it. These things happen though

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

No Annis most definitely not but Ninian Park would never attract the sort of supporter that this club needs if we are ever going to be an established Premiership team. It's unfortunate but it's true. I reckon this club has a hardcore of say 5 or 6000 the rest are coming as we do well. That hardcore could easily increase and has from the days of the dungeon where the hardcore was 2000.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:15 am

bluecityblue wrote:

What clubs? how did they do it? Can we contact there supporters clubs and get advice?
Carl, Annis, get on to it

Bluecityblue. Why don't you do it? Make yourself a legend mate. Just google stories of fans action to get atmosphere. I am sure you will find some good dits. Then go on a message board of them clubs and ask them. If they are good guys they will let you know I'm sure.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:23 am

I will be going no matter what ground we play in.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I would watch City in the Conference if so be it and during the 80's it nearly happened plus Im proud to say Ive sat and stood in every stand / terrace at Ninian Park and been there in 35,000 and 1,500 ! :ayatollah:

I am totally with you on that Martyn, It would Not matter what League they were in, I would be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

9 yrs in the Dungeon league and I never missed an Away game, GREAT DAYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It wouldn't affect me either, however, it would affect those extra, less committed, fans that are so vital to the club moving forward.

The last season at NP we averaged around 17000, at the moment we are average around 23000 and that simply wouldn't/couldn't have happened at NP.

One other major point, would TG and VT have got involved without the CCS, I doubt it. Without them, wherever we were, the future would have been uncertain to say the least. The possibility of the easy increase in capacity to 35000 should we finally get up this year was probably a major factor in their plans, if we can take 35000 to Wembley we should certainly be optimistic of getting that for Man U, Arsenal, Lverpool, Chelsea and Man City :ayatollah:

Now we just need to find the secret behind the atmosphere at CCS as we did for Swansea, Leicester, Bristol etc. last season :D :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 am

I was considering giving up at NP for three reasons;
1/ The place was filthy
2/ Stewards more and more in your face as the seasons went by
3/ The roof above me leaked

Another reason that may still have an effect on me is matches being moved to Sundays or Mondays either by the police or SKY.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE

i hate the ccs
i have to pick and choose my games these days
but i find myself wanting to go less and less and getting my football fix at local league
before people call me a plastic/glory hunter i was there in the durban,4 div,pre-sam days(and loved it)

i cant see how anyone can call u a plastic/ glory supporter for not going when we are doin well :ayatollah: