Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" YOUR HELP IS NEEDED "

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:25 pm

This forum wants to support the " FRED KEENOR Statue " by raising money towards it's build.

Everyone of us look forward to seeing the statue erected and what we would like to know is, what suggestions do our members have that can help raise money and also involve everyone on here.

We have over 3,300 members so I am hoping that amongst us we can come up with with many great ideas which we can put into practice and do our bit for the cause.

Lets do our little bit to help

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " YOUR HELP IS NEEDED "

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:30 pm

we all pay u a pound next time we see you ??

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Maybe Have an auction on players signed shirts and stuff like that signed balls :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:32 pm

CityBlue1 wrote:Maybe Have an auction on players signed shirts and stuff like that signed balls :ayatollah:

I would Donate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:33 pm

zakccfc wrote:we all pay u a pound next time we see you ??

That would Help :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Footy tournament down the Gol? All day thing and maybe get local businesses to sponsor per goal? Not massive money but a small fee to help out?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:36 pm

maybe look to hire a venue in town for free, many places do them I think upsatirs in o'neills for example, then we charge say £5 a ticket and the money will go to the statue and then we have a good piss up also say near xmas a messageboard pissup !!!! i reckon say 150 turned up thats £750 id pay a tennar if needs be all for a great cause !! or another venue etc

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Sponsored walk from the Ninian to the stadium! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Need to speak to the club and piggyback the next lot of season ticket sales - ask them to include a section to donate £2 to the fund, if you're already forking out a few hundred whats another couple? Just to include a tickbox would be dead easy.

If only one in every 5 do it you'd still get approx £7000 which is a massive way to getting the funds needed.

Also more ideas such as having a sponsor for the statue (although some may see this as devaluing it it'd mean £££ is raised, £5,000 to sponsor the statue? Why not.

There's my suggestions anyway.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:42 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Need to speak to the club and piggyback the next lot of season ticket sales - ask them to include a section to donate £2 to the fund, if you're already forking out a few hundred whats another couple? Just to include a tickbox would be dead easy.

If only one in every 5 do it you'd still get approx £7000 which is a massive way to getting the funds needed.

Also more ideas such as having a sponsor for the statue (although some may see this as devaluing it it'd mean £££ is raised, £5,000 to sponsor the statue? Why not.

SUPERB IDEA :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 pm

We could have race nights like put money on horses or on dog races or we could do a 50/50 draw like city do:ayatollah:
Last edited by CityBlue1 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Sponsors, get a few commercial sponsors to put their name on the project - there should be no shortage of businesses wanting to get their name in with City at the moment. Then give them a plaque around the base of the statue, or even just make a wall of sponsors and put it afew yards away - something like that.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Why not have "Charity boxes" on each bar/kiosk at the stadium. People hate having loose change in their pockets, and would probably donate kindly if they have the money in their hand.

Also, why not ask Asda Leckwith to put a number of the boxes on the Kiosk's. I work for Eurest Services, and are currently the Caterers at Asda, Tesco and a number of Stadium's around the UK, Including the Cardiff City Stadium (Compas Group Plc.).

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Have a massive forum night

Piss up at a place we book, kareoke, disco, skittles where you pay to enter a team (or pay to get in) and winner gets some goodies, also on the night every hour we can auction or raffle shirts etc :ayatollah:

would be a good night and i bet loads would tun up

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Goodshoes wrote:Footy tournament down the Gol? All day thing and maybe get local businesses to sponsor per goal? Not massive money but a small fee to help out?

Ben wrote:Have a massive forum night

Piss up at a place we book, kareoke, disco, skittles where you pay to enter a team (or pay to get in) and winner gets some goodies, also on the night every hour we can auction or raffle shirts etc :ayatollah:

would be a good night and i bet loads would tun up

These two

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CityBlue1 wrote:Maybe Have an auction on players signed shirts and stuff like that signed balls :ayatollah:

could do a raffle, I am sure there are a lot of members who would be up for it, say two per ticket by paypal or in the ninian 150 tickets / entries would make £300 for a signed shirt or ball ??

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Without sounding negative the majority of the ideas are unlikely to make a massive amount of money, don't get me wrong it all adds up but I wouldnt mind the unveiling of this statue ASAP.

Sure someone could speak to the club re the season ticket idea and sponsorship idea - my maths above guessed that only 1 in every 5 may donate if its possible to raise more then fantastic and its a quick way to do it - I'd prefer the club to be the ones handling the money too (now Ridsdale has departed anyway)

Agree with the change boxes at the kiosks too.

It'd be nice to see the players chuck in £10,000 between them but very much doubt many of them would fancy that.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:58 pm

as the 1927 final involved arsenal,see if they would send a team to the ccs for a fundraising match pre season,perhaps someone could suggest this to the cardiff city board.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Without sounding negative the majority of the ideas are unlikely to make a massive amount of money, don't get me wrong it all adds up but I wouldnt mind the unveiling of this statue ASAP.

Sure someone could speak to the club re the season ticket idea and sponsorship idea - my maths above guessed that only 1 in every 5 may donate if its possible to raise more then fantastic and its a quick way to do it - I'd prefer the club to be the ones handling the money too (now Ridsdale has departed anyway)

Agree with the change boxes at the kiosks too.

It'd be nice to see the players chuck in £10,000 between them but very much doubt many of them would fancy that.

agree the ideas wont make a massive amount of money, but very few people have large sums to spare but would like to donate and I am sure many would like to donate through this forum as opposed to or as well as other forums or the trust.

EVERY LITTLE HELPS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:This forum wants to support the " FRED KEENOR Statue " by raising money towards it's build.

Everyone of us look forward to seeing the statue erected and what we would like to know is, what suggestions do our members have that can help raise money and also involve everyone on here.

We have over 3,300 members so I am hoping that amongst us we can come up with with many great ideas which we can put into practice and do our bit for the cause.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21854

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:This forum wants to support the " FRED KEENOR Statue " by raising money towards it's build.

What about a 'Ducking Stool' and invite the immediate past Chairman to participate. Would make a fortune!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An auction of donated goods would be good but that puts the onus on a limited few people in reality....so perhaps a members raffle at, say, £1 or even £5 per ticket with a worthwhile prize for someone (or two) at the end.

It could be a long weekend with a City away game included or even a season ticket for next year, if the interest was strong enough.

With this many (3000+) members we should be able to do something....

How much remains to raise after recent events??

Happy to donate or assist with any fund-raising....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Need to speak to the club and piggyback the next lot of season ticket sales - ask them to include a section to donate £2 to the fund, if you're already forking out a few hundred whats another couple? Just to include a tickbox would be dead easy.

GREAT SUGGESTION....and easy to sort!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Make a competition of raising the cash. What ever this site decides on, invite the other sites to do "Battle"
AAMB v CCMB v Official site/supporters club. :ayatollah:

Raffle tickets could be sold to be a part of the unvailing. Winner to have official pictures with statue and TG DJ and team members.

Just some thoughts. :roll:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 pm

How about the last home game before christmas every ticket pruchased a pound goes toward the statue, in addition every ten pound in club shop spent a further pound goes to the statue

Plus afterwards an auction of city stuff by the club in one of the suites at CCS

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Wrist bands, sell for 2 quid. Imo we could sell 40,000 pf these, and cost pennies to make. Most city fans don't wear colours but we would all embrace this. Desin could be bluebird ccfc 1927?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Definitely this, genius idea :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 pm

np12boy wrote:Wrist bands, sell for 2 quid. Imo we could sell 40,000 pf these, and cost pennies to make. Most city fans don't wear colours but we would all embrace this. Desin could be bluebird ccfc 1927?

I like this idea. Home and away colours to get twice the revenue! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, if you sign your balls, I'll buy them :lol:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Great idea!! :D

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 pm

loovenator, top idea!!
but anything involving a piss up is also a winner :lol: