Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " YOUR HELP IS NEEDED "

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:03 am

Auction nights with a guest speaker ( ex player ) would go down well and Im sure a lot of money would be raised as many on this Forum have 1 or 2 items of memorabilia to donate PLUS plenty of ex City players would donate the odd item Im sure PLUS why not have auctions for selected events eg. hospitality tickets , match mascots and a slap up meal at the Brunswick !

Maybe merchandise can be made up like wristbands , T shirts or pin badges ............. plus why not put a collection box in the Ninian pub ? Any singers on the Forum can release a single too and give The Stand a run for the money :ayatollah:

Baz and Claire can also give out kisses for a £1 each before every game ;)

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:51 am

I think Loovens idea is great, but i think a paypal collection of a pound from every member here would be good to get the ball rolling.
Yes I think involving Arsenal would also be good, as that win by us STILL has an effect on Arsenal today. I took Arsenal away as their courier for a match in Cologne and David Seaman told me that Arsenal were convinced that our goal was caused by the ball skidding off a brand new goalie shirt and to this day no Arsenal goalie has worn a brand new shirt, they have to be washed first.
Would be great to get an autographed brand new goalie shirt (unwashed) for a raffle.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 am

ridofrid wrote:I think Loovens idea is great, but i think a paypal collection of a pound from every member here would be good to get the ball rolling.
Yes I think involving Arsenal would also be good, as that win by us STILL has an effect on Arsenal today. I took Arsenal away as their courier for a match in Cologne and David Seaman told me that Arsenal were convinced that our goal was caused by the ball skidding off a brand new goalie shirt and to this day no Arsenal goalie has worn a brand new shirt, they have to be washed first.
Would be great to get an autographed brand new goalie shirt (unwashed) for a raffle.

Carl and Owain Could Set it up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 am

I have a signed glove by Erik Morales if that's any good for the auction night.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:21 am

carlccfc wrote:This forum wants to support the " FRED KEENOR Statue " by raising money towards it's build.

Everyone of us look forward to seeing the statue erected and what we would like to know is, what suggestions do our members have that can help raise money and also involve everyone on here.

We have over 3,300 members so I am hoping that amongst us we can come up with with many great ideas which we can put into practice and do our bit for the cause.

Lets do our little bit to help

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl, do you know what is currently needed money wise?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 am

ackers1927 wrote:I have a signed glove by Erik Morales if that's any good for the auction night.

anything signed by Brian Clark would go down well :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:42 am

Does anybody know how much we have raised and how much is still needed??

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:07 am

Anyone interested in reading more about Fred Keenor......

A fellow city fan and friend of mine has written a brilliant book about Fred Keenor. He'll be in the club shop at 4.30 today (prior to the Palace game) signing copies and would be brilliant if anyone who is interested in buying an excellent read and collectors item could get down there!

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 16,00.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fred-Keenor-Man ... 1859838286

:ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:38 am

by stix1927 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Sponsored walk from the Ninian to the stadium!

im up for that :D

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:This forum wants to support the " FRED KEENOR Statue " by raising money towards it's build.

Everyone of us look forward to seeing the statue erected and what we would like to know is, what suggestions do our members have that can help raise money and also involve everyone on here.

We have over 3,300 members so I am hoping that amongst us we can come up with with many great ideas which we can put into practice and do our bit for the cause.

Carl

Any ideas for this initiative started through the Supporters Trust would be gratefully received by the two Trust board members who are driving it forward , David Craig and Phil Nifield. Have you been in contact with either of them?

After the Ricky Tomlinson dinner , the cash raised/pledged (Cardiff Council will only put their £15k in towards the end of the project)for the statue had risen to well over £30k.

Keith

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:34 pm

since62 wrote:

Carl

Any ideas for this initiative started through the Supporters Trust would be gratefully received by the two Trust board members who are driving it forward , David Craig and Phil Nifield. Have you been in contact with either of them?

After the Ricky Tomlinson dinner , the cash raised/pledged (Cardiff Council will only put their £15k in towards the end of the project)for the statue had risen to well over £30k.

Keith

I have not been in contact with them, ring me Keith please :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:51 am

Is there a paypal account where people can just simply donate?.if not set one up like owain did for the world cup sweep :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:55 pm

NOW WE HAVE TO PUT SOME OF THESE IDEAS IN TO ACTION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: