Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan and Ninian Park

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:59 am

The recent investment from VT has, in essence, saved the club from possible extinction and I like all other city fans am very very grateful for the Malay involvement.

Whilst I will always miss Ninian Park, there in no doubt in my opinion that if we had not moved to our new home, this new investment would not have come into the club.

Whatsmore, , after speaking to TG and his family on numerous occasions, its appears clear to me that their culture is based on a strong extended family base and that is why I can see why our once intimitating support slowly eroded in years to come.

It is clear that the malay business module is based on a family day out, and this is reflected in our boom in attendances and turnover.

I think its is something we will have to embrace to if we want success.

Re: Vincent Tan and Ninian Park

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:04 am

The Malaysians are very astute businessmen who are totally shaping the finances of CCFC better than anybody else has ever done , maybe coz they are not in it to make money and line their own pockets ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 am

I have not doubt that they want a return in their investement ( who wouldnt) however, it appears clear to me that they are not here to make a quick buck.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:14 am

Joff wrote:I have not doubt that they want a return in their investement ( who wouldnt) however, it appears clear to me that they are not here to make a quick buck.

nope neither are they here to line their pockets , they want City in the EPL as soon as so they can show their new team off in Asia and Malaya in particular !