Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ the Hypocrite ?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 am

On Saturday he slagged off the players for high fiving the Millwall win , now he's saying that matches like that its all about getting the 3 points and NOT the performance . So whats wrong with high fiving a ground out win then ? :ayatollah:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 26,00.html

Re: DJ the Hypocrite ?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 am

i see where your comin from, maybe the performance wasnt up to his standards. and against better opposition we wouldnt have been so lucky.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:24 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:i see where your comin from, maybe the performance wasnt up to his standards. and against better opposition we wouldnt have been so lucky.

they should be celebrating every win from a 2 - 1 to a 6 - 0 the same way !

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:27 am

exactly! on paper 3pts is all that matters.

i think DJ is feeling the pressure a bit, as this is the season where expectency has risen dramatically.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:31 am

There's nothing wrong in celebrating a victory no matter how it comes. It's this high and mighty attitude Mr Jones has that infuriates both fans and players. Try to take the players and fans along with you Dave, you need to chill and enjoy the ride its fun ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:03 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:On Saturday he slagged off the players for high fiving the Millwall win , now he's saying that matches like that its all about getting the 3 points and NOT the performance . So whats wrong with high fiving a ground out win then ? :ayatollah:

Martyn, Thats another reason Why I am not a fan off his, he is so inconsistant with what he says.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Perhaps he knows in his head 3 points is good, he is probably just trying to increase the level of expectation in the players. it's not a bad thing, with all that has happened in the last year i think he knows exactly what he is doing.

Have faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:On Saturday he slagged off the players for high fiving the Millwall win , now he's saying that matches like that its all about getting the 3 points and NOT the performance . So whats wrong with high fiving a ground out win then ? :ayatollah:

Martyn, Thats another reason Why I am not a fan off his, he is so inconsistant with what he says.

Merlin is going to disagree with us very soon about this :lol:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 pm

I can see exactly where he is coming from.

Yes, results are what matters, and getting 3 points is important, but celebrating when you've been shit is covering up the cracks.

It's DJ's job to make sure they know that he expects better than what he got on Saturday, so while he'll be pleased with getting the result, he's also putting across that the performance has to improve.

Had it finished 1-1 on Saturday the forum would have been a nightmare and DJ would be getting it for his side playing shit when against ten men for over half the game.

Oh, and it would have been Hudson's fault...... :lol:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Davey Boy means:

If you play shite, you play shite. Shit happens! But if you grind out the
victory and knuckle down, never forget to do the dirty work and still
fight for every blade of grass, then the 3 points are well deserved,
because you've dug deep.

But against Millwall there were players who barely put a foot in, barely made
a tackle, players who just didnt look interested. But who were happy to grab
the glory at the end when they should have been asking themselves why they
never put the effort in that would have seen 10 men off!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 pm

im with dj on this a result like that is important in the long run but the prformance isnt the players needed reminding they were below par!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I totally agree with you both i mean if its not things like these theres loads of things hes inconsistant with when it comes to the media,One min its we got a big enough squad then hes saying we aint got the depth theres a hat full of things like this but its the same old dj we have had whos inconsistant with many things over the years why i also dont like him that much.