Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Traffic on M4 with Ryder cup ?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:48 am

anyone know what the traffic situation was like around newport this morning as a result of the Ryder cup extra traffic ?

Got to go to Gloucester tomorrow and will be passing that area at 9ish and 18.00ish ?

Should I give the trip a miss ?

cia

Re: Traffic on M4 with Ryder cup ?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:56 am

yeh im off to tewksbury in the morning too so would be nice to know if anyone has any comments

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Nickerino wrote:anyone know what the traffic situation was like around newport this morning as a result of the Ryder cup extra traffic ?

Got to go to Gloucester tomorrow and will be passing that area at 9ish and 18.00ish ?

Should I give the trip a miss ?

cia

they are making all fans going to golf, travel on park and ride only.
and those busses are staying off the m4 and going via country lanes closed for there use.
yesterday was manic in and around caerloen with lorry deleveries etc.
but i imagine if all goes how there planning then the motorways shouldnt be affected mate :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Drove in to work in Bristol this morning along the M4 and passed Tredegar Park and the Coldra around 7.00 am seemed busier than normal, but no problem, bearing in mind that Tues. Wed. & Thurs. are practice days and the real thing starts on Fri. could be a different story then. :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:yeh im off to tewksbury in the morning too so would be nice to know if anyone has any comments

I suppose the alternative to Tewkesbury from Cardiff is A470, Heads of Valleys, then A40, A449 M50 and back down M5