Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: why do cardiff hate the english so much ?

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 pm

taffyapple wrote:
tony r bolton wrote:why do cardiff hate the english so much ? i m a bolton season ticket holder who a few years ago met some cardiff lads abroad and ever since cardiff have been my 2nd team and when they play up in the north of england i get to as many games as poss , meetin up with the same lads .one thing that i find strange is the amount of abuse aimed at the english which surely must affect your english players,particularly when singin anti english songs during games.i travel to every england away game and meet up with many lads from diff clubs and are all of the same opinion that the english def DO NOT hate the welsh.so come on bluebirds let me know whats the reasons for so much hatred :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way Ton-eh ....

I loved you in Phoenix Nights :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
ave it ha garlic bread lol :ayatollah:
Its not hatred really. And Bolton totty has got the sexiest accents in Britain

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 pm

taffyapple wrote:
tony r bolton wrote:why do cardiff hate the english so much ? i m a bolton season ticket holder who a few years ago met some cardiff lads abroad and ever since cardiff have been my 2nd team and when they play up in the north of england i get to as many games as poss , meetin up with the same lads .one thing that i find strange is the amount of abuse aimed at the english which surely must affect your english players,particularly when singin anti english songs during games.i travel to every england away game and meet up with many lads from diff clubs and are all of the same opinion that the english def DO NOT hate the welsh.so come on bluebirds let me know whats the reasons for so much hatred :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way Ton-eh ....

I loved you in Phoenix Nights :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its not hatred really. And Bolton totty has got the sexiest accents in Britain

taffyapple wrote:
Feedback wrote:I started to read this but then realised you'll ge the usual uneducated dross answer.

the english today have no influence on the english of 800 years ago so hating them for what happened 800 years ago is a bit trivial and daft. Even then, we've been interbreeding since that time so its unlikely that any english or wlesh have not got bits of the other in them since that time.

at no pont during the world cup did any of my manc mates beleive they'd get past the quarter finals, most thought they'd be out of the group stages and thats it. People confuse the ridiculous media bias as testament that the average England fan actually believe they can win the world cup. they don't. its akin to all the Welsh loving rugby because the welsh media says so - well if the media say so it must be true - according to us Welsh when discussing the English anyway.

I've got mates from all over England and none of them hate Wales, none of them think badly of us. It is the Welsh who like to think that the English hate them. they don't.

people need to get out of Wales a bit more and actually talk to a few English people, you'll find they don't have two heads and are actually the same as we are.

now if the OP had asked why do the Welsh hate people from Bolton i'd have a list as long as your arm
love it great reply :lol:
:mrgreen:

Then you should have read some of the posts!!!

Overall, they explain WHY there is (to an extent) a dislike of most things 'English' be it the
press the media the government... the establishment

This is born of 100s of years of fighting over culture, religion, language, and land with a
Country ten times bigger!

So 'England' will always be the 'enemy' to Welsh people

But barring certain small pockets of Wales like pwllheli, Caernarfon, parts of Anglesey etc
no English person would ever get grief just for being English.

We're not that different.

As for Bolton?? its an Islamic shitehole. But the indigenous people are warm and friendly
and the women are sexy as f*ck

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:42 pm

i say i hate england .. but i dont
i would never meet an english person and think any different of them because they were english
its all footy banter
its good .. its healthy
its wat sets us apart from everyone
english themselves .. northerners say they hate southerners .. vice versa
we just hate you all lol

but what i am interested in is ...
you seem a well travelled man with the footy

what do they say about cardiff ??

i like to hear what others say about us

personally i think its the best city in the uk ... biased i know :ayatollah:

going off topic a litlle but who else in the uk has done all the following

commonwealth games
fa cup finals
rugby world cup
ryder cup (we will take it even if its 5 mile up the road)
leauge cup final
rugby league cup finals
footy play off finals
the ashes
test cricket
countless major music concerts
world ralley
olympic training village
and im sure there is more

south wales ... no1 sports venue in the uk

next stop premier league ... not for a strawberry picking season ...but established

who are we ... blue army :ayatollah:

south wales .. south wales .. south wales ... tilll fade :D :D

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:29 pm

ninianblue wrote:i hate them because, they think they are world beaters in every sport, but there shit at every sport,,,,,, the media hypes them up so much, and ex players .that when they fall its so f*cking funny :ayatollah:

you could be talking about the welsh media and the egg chasers

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:00 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
ninianblue wrote:i hate them because, they think they are world beaters in every sport, but there shit at every sport,,,,,, the media hypes them up so much, and ex players .that when they fall its so f*cking funny :ayatollah:

you could be talking about the welsh media and the egg chasers

:lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:27 pm

south wales ... no1 sports venue in the uk

very true :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:23 pm

CHEERS Tony for a good debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 pm

I hate them so much, I married one :D , football rivalry, that's all, life is too short for hate, as much as I hate our lads being there, they all stand side by side in Iraq & Afghanistan