Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just passed

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 pm

My drivinng test any one know any cheap insurance for an 18 yr old driver tried compare meercat, go compare most cheapest i found is 3,500

Re: Just passed

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 pm

lagerlewis wrote:My drivinng test any one know any cheap insurance for an 18 yr old driver tried compare meercat, go compare most cheapest i found is 3,500

well done mate :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Cheers i already failed 3 times lmao :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 pm

im affriad mate thats what its gonna be like unless you get a 1.1 or somthing and maybe use your parents insurance etc

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 pm

lagerlewis wrote:My drivinng test any one know any cheap insurance for an 18 yr old driver tried compare meercat, go compare most cheapest i found is 3,500

Simples !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

well done mate :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Ben wrote:im affriad mate thats what its gonna be like unless you get a 1.1 or somthing and maybe use your parents insurance etc

i know i had a budget of 7k but the car i wont dont look like its gunna happen

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 pm

you will probably find your insurance is sky high as your young driver (thats £200 on insurance straight away )and you just passed , try direct line or maybe just go 3rd party for 1st year , or go on parents insurance as named driver , well done on passing :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:16 pm

mate dont get nothign flashy for your first year, your still in learning mode and will be for at least a year or even longer

Get somthing cheap, somthing you dont mind having a few bangs or prangs in, build up your no claims etc and then in a year or two then go for somthing nice, i passed my test and bought a fast sporty car, and wrote it off after 20 days :lol: :ayatollah:

there's plenty of time to get a nice car

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Buy a rustbucket and go 3rd party for your first year.

I was 4th time as well, but the bloke who failed me twice then got struck off so I reckon I would have passed 1st or 3rd time if it wasn't for him. He was a cheating c**t but that's another story!!!

Always wished I had kicked f**k out of him.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:34 pm

PtB wrote:Buy a rustbucket and go 3rd party for your first year.

I was 4th time as well, but the bloke who failed me twice then got struck off so I reckon I would have passed 1st or 3rd time if it wasn't for him. He was a cheating c**t but that's another story!!!

Always wished I had kicked f**k out of him.

Mine was speeding , then too slow, then sonething to do with nose outa the junction but it didnt help by me swearing at the driver infrount of me :D

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:30 pm

go on www.firstcar.co.uk and see if there is anything on there.
my son was sent the magazine by his auntie.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Congratulations :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Well done mate :ayatollah:

My Uncle works for Admiral and the advice he give to me was go for a car that not many people have as there first car..Obviously nothing too expensive, he said that the more common the car is with young people to more expensive it will be :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Congrats mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:12 pm

PtB wrote:Buy a rustbucket and go 3rd party for your first year.

I agree - get something worth £250 with a year's MOT. some main dealers may let you buy an old part ex off them that is too old for them to sell, but they can't be bothered to pass on to a lower down the food chain dealer themselves.

Your insurance should reduce by at least a third even at your age if youu avoid an accident in your first year - probably more.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 pm

well done for passing, and good luck with the insurance.