Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE EMILIANO SALA SAGA : As I recall our a

Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:42 am

THE EMILIANO SALA SAGA :

As I recall our absolute last stop court decision in the Sala-Nantes episode …..was that we appealed to the Swiss Federal Court contesting the validity of the previous ….supposedly final ruling by a Swiss court.

I thought that the ruling on this appeal was supposed to be made by last January .

Does anyone know what is happening here ? Does anyone know how this dovetails with the FIFA ruling ….and why we remain under an embargo ? My understanding was that if all was well with the original Sala deal we were supposed to make three equal payments in 2019 , 2020 and 2021.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

Ok we have now payed the first one ….what about the other two ?

In a nutshell can anyone really tell me what is happening with (1) the payments (2) the embargo (3) the court cases ?

It is quite confusing …..yet this whole Sala saga has a very major effect on our finances , ability to sign players and ability of Tan to sell the Club.

I find it extraordinary that such an important , central issue remains shrouded with so many questions after four years.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: THE EMILIANO SALA SAGA : As I recall o

Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:47 am

Strange that our transfer embargo is no longer visible on the efl website?

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:35 am

fred keenor wrote:Strange that our transfer embargo is no longer visible on the efl website?

Maybe the 19 million loan in the accounts is the payment in full ? .

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:38 am

wez1927 wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Strange that our transfer embargo is no longer visible on the efl website?

Maybe the 19 million loan in the accounts is the payment in full ? .

I’ve just asked we have not paid, but we should.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:39 am

There is another interested buyer and very interested and it’s not Sam.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:There is another interested buyer and very interested and it’s not Sam.

That could be great news, let's hope they meet tans requirements and want to invest to take us forward.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:There is another interested buyer and very interested and it’s not Sam.

I've got to admit Annis you are brave in your forwardness.

I don't doubt what you are saying here. My concern would be who and why. With Sam we knew he has the clubs interest at heart. Some might disagree with that but that's the nature of the beast. I hope its not one of these Hedge Fund jobs.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:47 pm

David sullivan has had talks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:THE EMILIANO SALA SAGA :

As I recall our absolute last stop court decision in the Sala-Nantes episode …..was that we appealed to the Swiss Federal Court contesting the validity of the previous ….supposedly final ruling by a Swiss court.

I thought that the ruling on this appeal was supposed to be made by last January .

Does anyone know what is happening here ? Does anyone know how this dovetails with the FIFA ruling ….and why we remain under an embargo ? My understanding was that if all was well with the original Sala deal we were supposed to make three equal payments in 2019 , 2020 and 2021.

In a nutshell can anyone really tell me what is happening with (1) the payments (2) the embargo (3) the court cases ?

It is quite confusing …..yet this whole Sala saga has a very major effect on our finances , ability to sign players and ability of Tan to sell the Club.

I find it extraordinary that such an important , central issue remains shrouded with so many questions after four years.

Annis it is with the swiss federal court this is the final appeal no more after that, they are looking at the law, not football . as for all your other questions, i am like you, i have no idea :laughing6:

Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:51 am

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:THE EMILIANO SALA SAGA :

Annis it is with the swiss federal court this is the final appeal no more after that, they are looking at the law, not football . as for all your other questions, i am like you, i have no idea :laughing6:

Roger, :lol: :thumbright:

Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:38 pm

Still nothing on the efl website regarding our embargo

Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:18 pm

fred keenor wrote:Still nothing on the efl website regarding our embargo

It’s very strange