Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY OWNER VINCENT TAN TO TAKE FURTHER LEGAL ACTION

Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:30 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAa1cUIfi ... e=youtu.be

Another court case: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAa1cUIfi ... e=youtu.be :cry:

Vincent Tan despite losing all court cases is now ready to sue:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

UPDATED:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAa1cUIfi ... e=youtu.be

Four years after the tragic death of Argentine striker Emiliano Sala in a plane crash near Guernsey on January 21, 2019, Cardiff City FC owner Vincent Tan has put pressure on Sala’s former club, FC Nantes, in an exclusive interview to L’Equipe.

The payment of Sala’s €17m transfer fee is at the heart of a bitter conflict between the Welsh outfit and Les Canaris. Cardiff have denied the authenticity of the transfer agreement. However, FIFA’s player status commission have ordered Cardiff to pay the first instalment of the transfer worth €6m. The Court of Arbitration for Sport have then rejected the appeal lodged by the Championship side to challenge the aforementioned decision.

CARDIFF CITY OWNER VINCENT TAN TO TAKE FURTHER LEGAL ACTION AGAINST NANTES IN EMILIANO SALA TRANSFER CASE

Last summer, CAS confirmed that Sala’s transfer from Nantes to Cardiff had been “finalised” before his death. The Bluebirds then paid the €6m instalment. “I’m very angry,” says Tan. “We have no choice, we will not stop. This is only the beginning, not the end.” According to the Malaysian businessman, Cardiff have refused to pay Nantes, and will continue to do so with €11m still being owed to Nantes, because Tan considers that the French club should be held accountable for Sala’s death. As a last resort, Cardiff City turned to the Federal Court, the supreme judicial authority of the Swiss Confederation, to overturn the ruling.

Vincent Tan vents his 'anger' in interview

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has spoken of his "anger" regarding the ongoing Emiliano Sala case with Nantes and insists the French club should be "punished" for involving unlicensed agent Willie McKay.

Cardiff have been embroiled in this ugly situation for more than four years now following the tragic death of Sala in January 29 at the age of 28.

The Bluebirds were ordered by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to pay the first instalment of the transfer fee to Nantes, which they finally did back in January this year. However, there are two more instalments still to be paid.

Cardiff have turned to the Federal Court, the Swiss Supreme Court, in Lausanne and are awaiting an outcome from there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tan gives interview

Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:58 pm

We have talked about this with Tan suing Nantes for £100m due to us getting relegated from the Premier.

Tan needs some Federal Law decision to go in his favour. Without that he is going nowhere with all of this.

Re: Tan gives interview

Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We have talked about this with Tan suing Nantes for £100m due to us getting relegated from the Premier.

Tan needs some Federal Law decision to go in his favour. Without that he is going nowhere with all of this.

That's not true about the federal law having to go in his favour, as the civil case as explained on here a few times with Paul is a seperate case .the appeal is about the player registration not any liability of nantes and there agents .

Re: Vincent Tan vents his 'anger' in interview Cardiff Cit

Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:20 pm

I don't blame Vincent Tan on this one; had the 'illegal' agent not been involved the player would either have arrived safely by legal means or simply never signed...

Ultimately, the business situation is this club (nee Tan) lost an awful lot of money for no end product and he is right to moan and seek recourse where it is possible

That is not to be mixed up with the path he might have chosen, the additional costs (so far) and/or the ultimate outcome. That will only become apparent or justfied once the whole sorry saga has been completed

Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:23 pm

Sven wrote:I don't blame Vincent Tan on this one; had the 'illegal' agent not been involved the player would either have arrived safely by legal means or simply never signed...

Ultimately, the business situation is this club (nee Tan) lost an awful lot of money for no end product and he is right to moan and seek recourse where it is possible

That is not to be mixed up with the path he might have chosen, the additional costs (so far) and/or the ultimate outcome. That will only become apparent or justfied once the whole sorry saga has been completed

Totally agree , we as a club are down millions .

Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:58 pm

i can see this going on for another 5 years.
:cry:

Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:35 pm

We need to get behind Tan who has the best interests of our club close to his heart, albeit he has a vested financial interest in doing so. No one else that I am aware of has millions of pounds to invest in the City, thereby keeping us afloat.

Re: CARDIFF CITY OWNER VINCENT TAN TO TAKE FURTHER LEGAL ACT

Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:34 am

All I will say is more heartbreak

Plus the club will be paying and so far we now owe well Over £20 mill
Including interest / fines etc , that’s including what we have just paid.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:06 am

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 am

Good on Mr Tan, although this has to some dragged on to far at least now some might finally be seeing the bigger picture and we are going after the Scum that causes it all ( Nantes and Mckays ).
All the other cases now are irrelevant to this so hopefully people won't mix them together and instead leave the legal team crack on which personally I would if I'd had that an asset like ES taken off me in this terrible tragedy.
MY OPINION.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:04 am

JulesK wrote:Good on Mr Tan, although this has to some dragged on to far at least now some might finally be seeing the bigger picture and we are going after the Scum that causes it all ( Nantes and Mckays ).
All the other cases now are irrelevant to this so hopefully people won't mix them together and instead leave the legal team crack on which personally I would if I'd had that an asset like ES taken off me in this terrible tragedy.
MY OPINION.

Agreed.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:57 am

i dont know how any of this works, but i alway said Cardiff should of paid the money to Fifa, and then use the legal routes, if we got the money back then brilliant, but at least we wouldn't look so bad in doing so

Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:30 pm

Sven wrote:I don't bkame Vincent Tan on this one; had the 'illegal' agent not been involved the player would either have arrived safely by legal means or simply never signed...

Completely agree Chris. I'm no fan of MD but he said that the agents behave like something out of the wild west. McKay is an absolute scumball of a man, banned from being an agent but still acted as one, which is illegal and the flight he arranged was also illegal, everything he does is dodgy. I know VT loves a court case but for this one, I can't blame him going after Nantes and their dodgy agent and practices.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:58 pm

It has dragged on but if the player is ours.
Let us have our day it court!
Who did arrange the flight? Thats were the blame lies and hopfully reclaim our costs.
Also why havent the premier league paid up insurance to the players family ? As the player is legally ours.
Also why didnt our insurance pay out?

We seem to be screwed all ways !
I would like to know if the big four in premier league would be treated like us.

Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:32 am

Replies FB:

Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:43 am

Reply FB:

Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:56 am

Seems a few on fbook can't grasp the concept of this being an entirely separate issue !!

Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:42 pm

JulesK wrote:Seems a few on fbook can't grasp the concept of this being an entirely separate issue !!

Jules,

It’s a few it’s many.

I think our fans are so fed up of court cases like you and I they just want an end to it.

Plus maybe if this had been done properly from day one on how Tan has handled it we would not be in this position now.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:40 pm

Personally Annis I would take losing every other case if it meant taking that lowlife turd illegal agent down.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:38 pm

JulesK wrote:Personally Annis I would take losing every other case if it meant taking that lowlife turd illegal agent down.

Jules,

But he’s a bankrupt and skint and yes he is a low life.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Not aimed at you, Annis, but the writer. Our club is in a 'mess' partly because of the Sala affair and if Tan genuinely believes he has recourse then he should go for it...

With regard to Secret Agent McKay, I agree with you that he (McKay) is 'worthless' in all senses of the word. The guy has a lot to answer for and must be a pariah in his former circles. To see him taken down a few more pegs even in principle would be superb...! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:Personally Annis I would take losing every other case if it meant taking that lowlife turd illegal agent down.

Jules,

But he’s a bankrupt and skint and yes he is a low life.

Agree mate and I really don't care about the money in this latest case so no matter where he is hiding any spare change, but do want him to serve some kind of justice.