Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

keogh i feel sorry for

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 am

he has not played for 12 months comes to us plays all these games in one go.

yea he no world beater yes he a bit slow, he does try hard to be fair more than half of em players do on times.but i didn't see any one complain when he headed that goal millwall. ok he wun be in team when chops comes back or bellamy but hey more people we can have in squad the better, people miss ross but on my opinion i still think it was good idea to get rid don't if he started a game for leeds yet? last matches i checked he was on bench.

Re: keogh i feel sorry for

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:51 am

keogh isnt the best but he gives 100% in a city shirt and thats mostly all i ask for

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 am

bluebirds23 wrote:he has not played for 12 months comes to us plays all these games in one go.

yea he no world beater yes he a bit slow, he does try hard to be fair more than half of em players do on times.but i didn't see any one complain when he headed that goal millwall. ok he wun be in team when chops comes back or bellamy but hey more people we can have in squad the better, people miss ross but on my opinion i still think it was good idea to get rid don't if he started a game for leeds yet? last matches i checked he was on bench.

He just seems to give up though! He is ridiculously slow, loses the ball to often and IMO I don't think his work rate is great...
(I have included a picture of him here >> :old: )

Ross's work rate was much better and even on the ball Ross was superior to Keogh! It's just Dave Jones' little ''we had an argument, so now i don't like you, so you won't play football anymore'' pathetic approach to managing the team that has drivem him out! :evil:

Having said that, nothing we can change now! But Keogh is a Cardiff player now so I will support him :ayatollah: though I still don't like him :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 am

I dont get what you mean about the work rate to be honest, Keogh hasnt been the best so far but I havent seen anyone on the pitch work harder than him

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:I dont get what you mean about the work rate to be honest, Keogh hasnt been the best so far but I havent seen anyone on the pitch work harder than him

I agree. I can understand some people thinking McCormack may be a better player but surely not that he has a better workrate :shock: Anyone remember Swansea away, QPR away and any number of other games Ross started last season :?: He wasn't interested and just didn't work for the team.

Koegh may be many things but he ain't workshy :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am

He offers very little other than honest endeavour which is an asset in itself but only of very limited use.

To see him outpaced and outmuscled by a 48 year old midget towards the end of the game last night really summed up his contribution.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:34 am

If we were playing 4.4.2. i think he would be a different player, he can score goals as he proved on saturday and also he scored goals in this division for wolves and scunny.
Should never have played 5.4.1. last night at home agaisnt a poor palace team :roll:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:04 am

I can not see how anyone can support Keogh, I jumped for joy when Byrne scored against Wolves but he was not good enough Andy Campbell scored one of my favourite goals in my 34 years of supporting City but he lost his confidence.

The point I am trying to make is I havent seen anything in Keogh yet yes one goal but 3 or 4 games of looking lost and I do not think his work rate is good either.

We can have different views on players but together when they are wearing the City shirt we will support them i have no doubt in that, but I hope he gets fitter and sharper otherwise he will get slagged off on these forums

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 am

davids wrote:He offers very little other than honest endeavour which is an asset in itself but only of very limited use.

To see him outpaced and outmuscled by a 48 year old midget towards the end of the game last night really summed up his contribution.

Hahaha, I was going to touch upon that! When Davids outpaced him I thought 'jeez, we're never going to breach their back line'. I actually think Bothroyd has more pace than him and maybe Bothroyd should be playing off Keogh!

I'm always willing to give new players the benefit of the doubt but for all his effort he just lacks quality. I don't feel like we're going to score or do anything productive when he has the ball.