Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City V Palace my evening

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:44 am

I am smack bang in the middle of doing 12 hour night shifts at the moment part of six weeks of 12 hour days and nights, so i persuaded my boss to give me 3 hours off last night so i could go to the game, so i started work at 23.00 instead of 20.00.
I met up with my mate Pete and his boy Kaisel and headed to the Ninian for our pre match pint.

We entered into a packed lounge where i noticed most of those Rugby pictures were covered up by City flags, but personally i would like to see them taken down and replaced by City legends. The Landlord wanted to attract the eggheads when the Blues are playing but ill tell you now no Blues fan will ever drink in there, because it has and always will be a football pub.

There were plenty of forum users in the lounge including Annis, Lord Carl, Milly Jamma, Fishy, And many more to mention, i also have to mention the delightful and stunning Claire, Nice to of met you at last.

Everyone seemed in a confident mood with Palace failing to pick anything up on the road this season and our mood was further improved when Olly's name was read out.
City started out brightly and it was the tone for the first half but we have no cutting edge in the box, Dave Jones does make very good signings but he also bombs as well, Olly H20 Bella's all fantastic signings, as for Keough i have to say i really am not impressed what i have seen so far. How the hell did he get beat for pace by a near 40 year old Edgar Davids is shocking.

As for Jason Koumas, when Dave Jones signed him a few years ago as Pete said to me he was the best player he'd ever seen in a City shirt, and i cant disagree with him. But last night unless i had heard Ali say he was playing i wouldn't of known he was out there.

Only a handful of players put in a performance out last night Burke Whitts to mention a few. In the second half we were second best to a Palace side ravaged by injuries much worse than our own and if anyone was to score in the second half it would of been them. We did not even have a meaningful effort in the second half and that is disgraceful, We are missing the lethal Michael Chopra at the moment and DJs decision to give away Ross Mccormack was in my view wrong. All Ross wanted was a string of games to play and he would of had that with Chopra out long term.

The very small contingent of Palace fans were superb as well the Ultras in excellent voice and it sounded good as well.
The team got booed off and i can understand it even though i didn't boo myself, If you pay very decent money to watch then you have a right to give your opinions, if it was just Koumas leaving the field i think i might of booed myself.

So a goalless boring game it was and it seemed listening to Talk shite on the way home we attended the only boring game in the Championship last night.

Arrived at work with a team of 9 working up on top of the reactor we split into 2 teams, a English team of four dubbed this is England and the Welsh team of 5 dubbed Men of Harlech. :lol: due to the fact we keep whisling the theme tune :lol: :lol: The teams are split to give us some time off so when i got in my team were resting so to speak so i had some drink and food and we went up for our stint at one in the morning only to find a component stuck and all work had stopped till morning, lovely jubbly rest of the night off. To sum up three hours off didn't do a single stroke of work i had no relief so got home early. Carlsberg doesn't do night shift but if they did :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: City V Palace my evening

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: another great read

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:54 am

denton2k6 wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: another great read

Cheers denton :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Nice one Steve, couldn't attend last night, so thanks for telling it like it was. On Koumas front, Carl posted something recently about his confidence and match fitness is low so maybe some support from the stands rather thans boos (frustating I know when you are actually watching the team and individuals play shite) for a few more games and hopefully he can get back to somewhere near the form he was in last time he was here. On the plus side mate good result at work. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:30 pm

ha sounds like a quality shift nuclear me old mate another great report!

It's a shame Keogh's so shit, which everyone seems able to agree on.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 pm

:lol: :lol:

Great Read Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:21 pm

tauntonbluebird wrote:Nice one Steve, couldn't attend last night, so thanks for telling it like it was. On Koumas front, Carl posted something recently about his confidence and match fitness is low so maybe some support from the stands rather thans boos (frustating I know when you are actually watching the team and individuals play shite) for a few more games and hopefully he can get back to somewhere near the form he was in last time he was here. On the plus side mate good result at work. :ayatollah:

Yeah perhaps Dave but the blokes on 30k a week. He ought to have done a night shift like i had to do last night then he could moan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Good to meet you too Nukes!!

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:31 pm

good read chief ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 pm

milly44 wrote:good read chief ;) :ayatollah:

Cheers Milly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:10 pm