Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated " Wrexham promoted to the EFL "

Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:56 pm

Wrexham promoted to League Two and win the National League title after beating Boreham Wood

Updated

Today could be the day Wrexham finally return to the EFL after a 15-year absence.

They host Boreham Wood at 6.30pm, live on BT Sport, and a win will secure promotion to League Two.

It's a sell out at the Racecourse with both of their owners, Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, expected to be in attendance.

They will be promoted earlier on Saturday if Notts County lose at bottom club Maidstone.

Will be brilliant for Welsh football to have four teams in the EFL. Good luck to them :thumbright:

Re: " Wrexham could be promoted today "

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:22 am

good luck to them, wonder if their owners have any mates who'd like a bigger club :D

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:42 am

Let's hope so - people can then stop banging on about Wrexham. I'm fed up with all the hype for this Holywood plaything club.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:07 am

mugsy wrote:Let's hope so - people can then stop banging on about Wrexham. I'm fed up with all the hype for this Holywood plaything club.

Yeah same here, I’m jealous of all the good vibes the celebrity owners have given Wrexham

Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:07 am

Tuggi wrote:
mugsy wrote:Let's hope so - people can then stop banging on about Wrexham. I'm fed up with all the hype for this Holywood plaything club.

Yeah same here, I’m jealous of all the good vibes the celebrity owners have given Wrexham

We are jealous. As it seems they treating a club like a fan base business not as customers

Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:13 am

I am glad i am not the only one one who feels like that. I want to see them go up but the way BBC are going on about it is beyond. Notts County were the oldest club in the League and have had a superb season but they are hardly mentioned. If I was a Notts County fan i would be kicking my tv in.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:22 am

Good luck to them, I hope they smash it and work their way up the league's

Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:33 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

I am glad i am not the only one one who feels like that. I want to see them go up but the way BBC are going on about it is beyond. Notts County were the oldest club in the League and have had a superb season but they are hardly mentioned. If I was a Notts County fan i would be kicking my tv in.

Have to feel for notts co after the season they have had and wont finish champions. Or very unlikely too anyway

Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:46 pm

:lol: you'll be lucky. It's just gonna get worse if they go up. Season 3 of that show will be made.

They will hype up the hollywood. Half RobsonnKanu has already offered to play for free in Leafue 2

Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:13 pm

If they didn't have American owners it wouldn't be all over the news all the time

Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:21 pm

Valleyblue56 wrote:If they didn't have American owners it wouldn't be all over the news all the time

You think it's because they're American? Which one is not.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:03 pm

Wrexham kick off in about half an hour.

Notts County won 5-2, so they need to win to secure promotion tonight.

Wrexham: 107 points

Notts County: 106 points

Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:48 pm

1-1 after 15 minutes

Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:58 pm

Better football than Cardiff :lol:

Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Better football than Cardiff :lol:

:lol:

Mullin gives Wrexham the lead early in the second half

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 pm

Mullins goals impressive tbf. Yes I know div 5 but looks class

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:08 pm

10000+ attendance too

Re: Updated " Wrexham promoted to the EFL "

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:26 pm

Wrexham promoted to League Two and win the National League title after beating Boreham Wood

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:30 pm

And their owners were actually there !!!

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:32 pm

Won't be a welcome in Newport when they play there next season all the county fans I know hate them.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:25 pm

The higher up they go the owners will realise the reality of owning a football club is not so easy after all. Easy to spend some cash and win the National league as no other teams have funds. Fair play to them tho they currently have massive media coverage.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:44 pm

Amazing Owners / Well done to you All
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:03 pm

skiprat wrote:Won't be a welcome in Newport when they play there next season all the county fans I know hate them.

Is there ever a welcome in Newport? :lol:

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:49 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
skiprat wrote:Won't be a welcome in Newport when they play there next season all the county fans I know hate them.

Yes, if you’re trafficking heroin :lol:

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:54 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Yes, if you’re trafficking heroin :lol:

:lol:

Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:46 pm

royalblue wrote:The higher up they go the owners will realise the reality of owning a football club is not so easy after all. Easy to spend some cash and win the National league as no other teams have funds. Fair play to them tho they currently have massive media coverage.

Spot on - we will see if the owners are amazing as Annis says they are if and when they get to Division 1 and their plaything gets a lot more expensive. My forecast is it will all end in tears. If Wrexham had all this money pumped in by a wealthy British businessman, Wrexham winning the Nationsl League would have hardly caused a ripple in the media - it is only because of the Holywood connection that has caused all this fuss. Fingers crossed Notts County go up via the play offs.

Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:57 pm

Good Luck to them .

Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:56 am

mugsy wrote:
royalblue wrote:The higher up they go the owners will realise the reality of owning a football club is not so easy after all. Easy to spend some cash and win the National league as no other teams have funds. Fair play to them tho they currently have massive media coverage.

Spot on - we will see if the owners are amazing as Annis says they are if and when they get to Division 1 and their plaything gets a lot more expensive. My forecast is it will all end in tears. If Wrexham had all this money pumped in by a wealthy British businessman, Wrexham winning the Nationsl League would have hardly caused a ripple in the media - it is only because of the Holywood connection that has caused all this fuss. Fingers crossed Notts County go up via the play offs.

Read a few comments like this and to be honest it sounds a bit like sour grapes and envy.

Their club is on the way up, and ours in on the way down - even if we don't go down, doesn't change the fact we're on a downwards trajectory with our ownership.

You can't tell me it's unrealistic they get to the Championship under these two brilliant owners when the likes of Burton, Wycombe, even Wigan who haven't got a pot to piss in have been promoted from League One in recent years.

I say good luck to them and I'm pleased for them.

Agree about Notts County though - and Ryan Reynolds said last night they're "all rooting for Notts County".

Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:09 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
mugsy wrote:

Read a few comments like this and to be honest it sounds a bit like sour grapes and envy.

Their club is on the way up, and ours in on the way down - even if we don't go down, doesn't change the fact we're on a downwards trajectory with our ownership.

You can't tell me it's unrealistic they get to the Championship under these two brilliant owners when the likes of Burton, Wycombe, even Wigan who haven't got a pot to piss in have been promoted from League One in recent years.

I say good luck to them and I'm pleased for them.

Agree about Notts County though - and Ryan Reynolds said last night they're "all rooting for Notts County".

I reiterate my point if there was not the Holywood connection, there would not be this blanket coverage and it would not make the news and be considered an amazing achievement. It is another Salford and will eventually wither on the vine.

Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:47 am

Except of course Wrexham are a far bigger club than Salford and have a far bigger fan base. Salford never averaged over 3,000 in any of the last 5 seasons while Wrexham have averaged 10,000 for the last two seasons. Even before the Americans arrived when Wrexham were mod table they still averaged just under 5,000.

Good luck to them next season. Another Welsh team in the EFL can only be good for Wales.