Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newport and the ryder cup....

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:06 pm

I know the local city council have spent millions in preparation for this prestigious event, however , it appears to me that Cardiff is benefiting just as much , through its more established attractions, hotels etc.

They must be slightly disapointed.

Re: Newport and the ryder cup....

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Joff wrote:I know the local city council have spent millions in preparation for this prestigious event, however , it appears to me that Cardiff is benefiting just as much , through its more established attractions, hotels etc.

They must be slightly disapointed.

:lol: :lol:

Very True Joff,

3 National Newspapers said it was in Cardiff :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Most Americans have booked the Hotels in Cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm not sure, both of Newports B & B's are full to the rafters.

The Mayor was quoted as saying that "The Yanks seem soooond as a poooond"

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:06 pm

and my boys education is put on hold for a day, because of a game of golf,,,,,,so 1 of us have to take a day off work, well done cardiff city council :evil:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 pm

ninianblue wrote:and my boys education is put on hold for a day, because of a game of golf,,,,,,so 1 of us have to take a day off work, well done cardiff city council :evil:

TOTALLY OUT OFF ORDER, EDUCATION FIRST IN Y OPINION.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:51 pm

joff waiting for call

anyone got any ryder cup tickets spare ! :ayatollah:

im off to newport to knick the hedges shaped into golfers lol

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:25 pm

mallo wrote:joff waiting for call

Joanne tried to do that, then thought off cutting his head off :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mallo wrote:joff waiting for call

Joanne tried to do that, then thought off cutting his head off :lol: :lol:

lol i will have his irons and sand bunkers

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:08 pm

a lady down the road from me has rented her house out for the week for 19k to an american family :o

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:22 pm

come to my place, you can watch it from my back bedroom window! Was sat in the house last night,next thing you can hear "one two , testing one two" blasting down the valley. Theres a big neon glow over what normally is a black usk valley at night and bloody ALL night, reeeaaallllyyy weird! Going to have to black out our windows!

Just back from Boleros in the village, loads of my fellow locals on celeb watch!!!!! :lol: most rammed for a wednesday!! Heard Samuel L Jackson is in the priory hotel, Johnny Depp in the Bear in Crickhowell, George W Bush in St Cadocs nuthouse, Willie Nelson looking for my mates house to see if he can score some grass! Barack Obama buying 20 fags in the Spar :ayatollah:

Long live Caerleon and all who sail in her

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:27 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:come to my place, you can watch it from my back bedroom window! Was sat in the house last night,next thing you can hear "one two , testing one two" blasting down the valley. Theres a big neon glow over what normally is a black usk valley at night and bloody ALL night, reeeaaallllyyy weird! Going to have to black out our windows!

Just back from Boleros in the village, loads of my fellow locals on celeb watch!!!!! :lol: most rammed for a wednesday!! Heard Samuel L Jackson is in the priory hotel, Johnny Depp in the Bear in Crickhowell, George W Bush in St Cadocs nuthouse, Willie Nelson looking for my mates house to see if he can score some grass! Barack Obama buying 20 fags in the Spar :ayatollah:

yeh samual l jackson is the priory.
saw will smith earlier in small tescos by the toby carvery, wonder what he made of ringland :lol:

i will have to pop down, i can see one hole from my house up the lodge.

can we sneak thru your back garden and up the woods :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Had a 14 hours delay over night on a plane last night and usually they would put them up in hotels but they were all full because of the Ryder cup so its clearly having an effect

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 am

milly44 wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:come to my place, you can watch it from my back bedroom window! Was sat in the house last night,next thing you can hear "one two , testing one two" blasting down the valley. Theres a big neon glow over what normally is a black usk valley at night and bloody ALL night, reeeaaallllyyy weird! Going to have to black out our windows!

yeh samual l jackson is the priory.
saw will smith earlier in small tescos by the toby carvery, wonder what he made of ringland :lol:

i will have to pop down, i can see one hole from my house up the lodge.

can we sneak thru your back garden and up the woods :lol:

Milly was that Will Smith from GTFBI!!!!!???? :lol:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:08 am

unless hes been to jojos and had a massive hair cut, and a shave,a fair few sunbeds in sun catchers on caerleon road, and an induction day at fitness first then im gonna have to say it was NOT will smith from GTFBI :lol:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:16 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
milly44 wrote:unless hes been to jojos and had a massive hair cut, and a shave,a fair few sunbeds in sun catchers on caerleon road, and an induction day at fitness first then im gonna have to say it was NOT will smith from GTFBI :lol:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:48 pm

They should have had the Ryder cup up Heath park or Llandaff fields. They got golf courses

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 am

Penrhys would have been better :D