Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A new ''Fan''

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:12 pm

Ill introduce myself here because of the discussions deriding the ''new fan''.

My dad is an old school penarth boy who has always had an affinity with city. Fortunately or unfortunately he fathered two sons who were not bad at kicking a ball so my and my bro have played to a standard where every Saturday we have kicked it about.

So last season as we are both over the hill we thought we take my old man to a match , instant addiction and we bought ST s .We love it we went to every home(obviously) but managed to go away glory hunting at Chelsea and Leicester.We paid for our season tickets before christmas because it was agood deal and could help the club.

This season we have been awy to Derby and Pompey and we sit /stand in the Canton and sing as much as we feel warranted.

I feel as a new fan we get victamised beacuse we dont have the history but i can assure you we have the passion.

Do the old school except this or not?

Re: A new ''Fan''

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Javelin73 wrote:Ill introduce myself here because of the discussions deriding the ''new fan''.

My dad is an old school penarth boy who has always had an affinity with city. Fortunately or unfortunately he fathered two sons who were not bad at kicking a ball so my and my bro have played to a standard where every Saturday we have kicked it about.

So last season as we are both over the hill we thought we take my old man to a match , instant addiction and we bought ST s .We love it we went to every home(obviously) but managed to go away glory hunting at Chelsea and Leicester.We paid for our season tickets before christmas because it was agood deal and could help the club.

This season we have been awy to Derby and Pompey and we sit /stand in the Canton and sing as much as we feel warranted.

I feel as a new fan we get victamised beacuse we dont have the history but i can assure you we have the passion.

NO YOU'RE A c**t.

LOL ONLY JOKING!! ALWAYS WELCOME!! :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm

100% croeso ffrind!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Bigblue

Expand or am i just a c**t

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Javelin73 wrote:Bigblue

Expand or am i just a c**t

Did you not see the only joking part ? :shock:

I think your fine,we need fans turning up more the better....I was a United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City/Barca/Madrid untill Bellamy signed!! :shock:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Sorry us new fans are asensitive lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:28 pm

P.S

Me and the bro tried to put faces to names in the NInian Tuesday night so if any of thought you were being stared at you probably were

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Javelin73 wrote:Ill introduce myself here because of the discussions deriding the ''new fan''.

I certainly do as I was a New Fan once, its the ones with No Passion I dont like, which I have said before, its the types of New Fan, Not the New fan that bothers me, we need New Fans to become Big, But we need them to have passion for the Club, Fans who Cheer/Sing want atmosphere and will support the Club Through Thick and Thin :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:48 am

Javelin73 wrote:P.S

Me and the bro tried to put faces to names in the NInian Tuesday night so if any of thought you were being stared at you probably were

I was there on Tues , out the back til it rained then into the lounge :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 pm

I agree Annis, everybody was a new fan once upon a time, and Cardiff City are for everyone not only for the select few !