Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHO WOULD YOU SAY WAS OUR "

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 am

Who would you say was Our Leader on the pitch ?

Or Have We Not still got one ?

Re: " WHO WOULD YOU SAY WAS OUR "

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:32 am

Bellamy without a doubt when fit, otherwise I'd give chopra a go - he always gives 100% and that's what you need from your captain.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:33 am

I cant say Ive noticed this season despite what Ridsdale said to us up the Brunswick last year about Hudson being the captain and leader , however I did notice that Gerrard of all people was marshalling and talking to the back 4 a lot last season . Maybe due to the fact he was Walsall captain before we signed him ?

Maybe Bellamy can do it , time will tell but he cant lead from the sidelines with dodgy kness though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 am

i really dont think we have 1 in our current team of fit players, but otherwise CB is the one

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:41 am

I think Bellamy does that job. However, when he's not there I think Oli is one of those calm lead by example types who command respect from both their team mates and opposition. I don't think a cpatin/leader had to be the fist pumping demonstrative type.

Next time Bellers is injured I'd like to see Oli as the captain.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:06 am

i think bellamy is our leader demands respect and 100% of every 1. oli could do a job if bellamy wasnt available he leads by example. but i like to see a centre half leading the team they can see everything and should organise everything as they see the bigger picture but we havent got that in the back 4 at the moment

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:08 am

Although he is only a loan player and is just making his way back from injury I would say Oli handsdown for the way he plays as he leads by example.

You only have to listen to the McNaughts interview on City Player to see how much the other players respect what Oli brings to the table.

Lets face it Bellers will probably be made captain when he plays but he'll be in and out of the team all season with those dodgy knees.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 am

Bellamy.

when he's not playin though, god knows!

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:03 am

I cant think off any one other than Bellamy and I feel that is one one Our Down falls and has been for the last couple of years.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:I cant think off any one other than Bellamy and I feel that is one one Our Down falls and has been for the last couple of years.

Ledley and Bothroyd tried but failed as captain because they are too soft on the pitch in my opinion , Mc Phail not much better either . Need an outspoken leader on the pitch , 1 prepared to stand up to Jones if needs be ?

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 am

Im not sure it matters who is captain but we clearly need more leaders on the pitch.
Bellamy is a leader but other than that I struggle to think of anyone, maybe Chopra at a push.
Hudson has been captain at his previous clubs so he must have something about him (Im assuming off the pitch)

I think DJ felt we lacked leaders 2 seasons ago and thats why he brought in Gerrard, Hudson and Quinn who were all captains at there clubs - none have impressed me as captain on the field though.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:07 pm

bellamy or kev