Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF YOU WERE DAVE JONES

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:17 am

Would you have dropped Matthews or would you have played him in the next game.

Personally I would off played him in the next game, as a Confidence Booster and to show him I am backing him, ANY OPINIONS ?

Re: IF YOU WERE DAVE JONES

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:20 am

Definetly would play him he is a great player he is young and if we all get behind him it will definetly boost his confidence :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 am

Born2bblue wrote:Definetly would play him he is a great player he is young and if we all get behind him it will definetly boost his confidence :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I also think Jones has been playing him out off position,just my opinion.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:23 am

Naylor had a stinker against Millwall and was no better against Palace ............. so yes i would have played him . Always pick Matthews before Quinn purely for his throw ins . But didnt Jones recently say he wants to try him midfield !

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:24 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Naylor had a stinker against Millwall and was no better against Palace ............. so yes i would have played him . Always pick Matthews before Quinn purely for his throw ins . But didnt Jones recently say he wants to try him midfield !

He did say it, but he hasnt yet :roll:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Naylor had a stinker against Millwall and was no better against Palace ............. so yes i would have played him . Always pick Matthews before Quinn purely for his throw ins . But didnt Jones recently say he wants to try him midfield !

He did, but he hasnt yet :roll:

He said that about Commingues too I think ? So we'll see ..... Naylor does need a rest tho !

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 am

With you all the way on that one Martyn. Matthews will always get you chances just based on his throw.

He will only get better and more confident if he plays. We all know he wont get that in the reserves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give him a run out in midfield I say. I would have put burke on the left, replacing the non existent Koumas and chucked him on the right. :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:32 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He did, but he hasnt yet :roll:

He said that about Commingues too I think ? So we'll see ..... Naylor does need a rest tho !

Martyn I agree naylor has had two bad games and im not a favourite of his but he is a great player he just needs a little time to adjust and the fans to get behind him rather than slate him thats my opinion

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Would you have dropped Matthews or would you have played him in the next game.

Personally I would off played him in the next game, as a Confidence Booster and to show him I am backing him, ANY OPINIONS ?

The question is, was he dropped in the first place?

As Matthews only came on in the Ipswich game to replace our first choice right back (Kev), as soon as the next game came around and Kev was fit, it was only natural that DJ would pick Kev at right back again!

Also, we all know that Naylor played extremely poorly against Millwall and has no excuse for that performance, but personally I don't think he was provided with any back up on Tuesday against Palace, as none of the midfield players seemed to try and help him out, or track back when he was one on one on so many occasions, against a young speedster!

Whenever Burkey got the ball on our right, he had to try and beat at least 2 men every time, as they got so many men behind the ball to cover their full backs!

Whenever Naylor went to pick up his man, he only ever had Darcy come across to cover and help him out, from what I remember!

Don't want to harp on about Hudson again, as I thought overall, he was probably our best outfield player, but I still don't like his Captaincy skills, as he's too qiuet (unless somebody has made a mistake (usually him) and then he blames everybody else)!

IMO, as captain, he should have identified that Naylor was struggling against the speedster and got somebody to help him out!

Suppose my post here also answers your other topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23355 :)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 am

Personally my fullbacks would be Naylor and Kev still.

I would have liked to have seen Matthews come on for Koumas though Tuesday at some point as I thought we were really lacking width on the left, would have gone back to 4-4-2 and had Burke Oli Witts Matthews and the Keogh and Jay upfront, may not of worked but was just a thought at the time.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:02 pm

play him to get his confidence up :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Depends on how we was when he came back into training, if he was moping around or just not cutting it then he's right to leave him out IMO.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Matthews RB Kev LB. Another possibility midfield, he loves running forward and often makes a good run.