Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 30th 2010 UPDATE "

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 pm

shadwellblue wrote:Not surprised to see VT assessing the CCFC staff and sorting a few out.

Also interesting to see him giving DJ a great deal of power and resource to build his squad. The thing with successful businessmen is they give their managers authority, resources and responsibility. They can then see the good ones succeeding and the less good ones failing, with no excuses to hide behind.

I have no doubt he wants the team in position to push for promotion come December and will fund some additions to push on if they are. However, having invested what he has I have no doubt he will move DJ on if they are nowhere near whether he likes him or not.

On Tuesday I bet DJ had a shiver down his spine at the performance and booing. VT will not have liked that showing on all counts as successful people hate any sort of failure as they take it personally.

I actually think DJ is quite a good manager but I have had an issue for a long while with his inability to generate a consistant fighting spirit amongst his team which you need in the championship. There seems to be an arrogance there that pervades the whole set up where they seem to think they are better than they really are on and off the pitch and therefore don't feel the need to scrap for things.

Standing back, we are much better off as a club on and off the pitch than we have been for years but with it comes higher expectations all round. Good people thrive on that, less good ones can't live with it and go under. Time for DJ and some of the team to decide which camp they are in and enjoy the pressure not crumple under it. With the money their all on they are paid well enough to justify it.

This guy talks an awful lot of sense. Read his post again because the pudding will be baked in 4-5 months and then you will see whether we are asking for cream or custard!

I'm going for the cream but hey......that's only my opinion!

:? :? :? :?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:14 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
shadwellblue wrote:Not surprised to see VT assessing the CCFC staff and sorting a few out.

Also interesting to see him giving DJ a great deal of power and resource to build his squad. The thing with successful businessmen is they give their managers authority, resources and responsibility. They can then see the good ones succeeding and the less good ones failing, with no excuses to hide behind.

I have no doubt he wants the team in position to push for promotion come December and will fund some additions to push on if they are. However, having invested what he has I have no doubt he will move DJ on if they are nowhere near whether he likes him or not.

On Tuesday I bet DJ had a shiver down his spine at the performance and booing. VT will not have liked that showing on all counts as successful people hate any sort of failure as they take it personally.

I actually think DJ is quite a good manager but I have had an issue for a long while with his inability to generate a consistant fighting spirit amongst his team which you need in the championship. There seems to be an arrogance there that pervades the whole set up where they seem to think they are better than they really are on and off the pitch and therefore don't feel the need to scrap for things.

Standing back, we are much better off as a club on and off the pitch than we have been for years but with it comes higher expectations all round. Good people thrive on that, less good ones can't live with it and go under. Time for DJ and some of the team to decide which camp they are in and enjoy the pressure not crumple under it. With the money their all on they are paid well enough to justify it.

This guy talks an awful lot of sense. Read his post again because the pudding will be baked in 4-5 months and then you will see whether we are asking for cream or custard!

I'm going for the cream but hey......that's only my opinion!

:? :? :? :?

I agree, an excellent post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:30 pm

CHEERS Carl Great update as usual look forward to Tuesday's 5th OCT 2010 update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CHEERS Carl Great update as usual look forward to Tuesday's 5th Dec 2010 update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

5th Dec! :o

There'll be a hell of a lot to catch up with if we don't get an update for another 2 months! :lol:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:47 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:CHEERS Carl Great update as usual look forward to Tuesday's 5th Dec 2010 update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

5th Dec! :o

There'll be a hell of a lot to catch up with if we don't get an update for another 2 months! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
CHEERS Carl Great update as usual look forward to Tuesday's 5th OCT 2010 update