Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm sorry but if Bellamy plays on Sat I will not be happy

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 pm

If he isn't fit to play for Wales then he shouldn't play for Cardiff. People will slate this saying, Wales are shit and all the rest of it but picking club over country in my opinion isn't right

Re: I'm sorry but if Bellamy plays on Sat I will not be happy

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:If he isn't fit to play for Wales then he shouldn't play for Cardiff. People will slate this saying, Wales are shit and all the rest of it but picking club over country in my opinion isn't right

Wrong mate. Its nothing to do with whether Wales are shit or not. Its to do with
his fitness. IF he plays against Barnsley he will need rest, his problem is ongoing.
If Craig could, he would play every game this season but his knee just wont hold
up to it. Cardiff City are technically paying his wages and just cannot afford for
Bellamy to get injured again. Four games in a fortnight is too much to ask of the
lad.

He's a proud Welshman. He'd love to play, but its just not practical

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:If he isn't fit to play for Wales then he shouldn't play for Cardiff. People will slate this saying, Wales are shit and all the rest of it but picking club over country in my opinion isn't right

i kind of agree fish. although id be gutted if he got injured on international duty.
but sadly playing for your country is no longer the pinnical of 95% of footballers careers.
bellamy is one of the 5% :D

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:01 pm

City are his employers end of

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:02 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:City are his employers end of

:roll:

always wanted to roll my eyes at you :oops: :lol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:06 pm

milly44 wrote:

:roll:

always wanted to roll my eyes at you :oops: :lol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I feel honoured young man :geek:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks boss :D can you imagine you letting me moderate elsewhere :lol:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:09 pm

well he prob come on for last 20 mins anyway score the winner for us against barnsley ........ happy day hahah :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:12 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks boss :D can you imagine you letting me moderate elsewhere :lol:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:15 pm

What?! I'm sorry but he's just coming back from injury. He needs game time to build up fitness but too much game time in one go will do damage. Hence he shouldn't play for Wales. I think a half hour run out for him will be good.

And besides, as a Wales fan too, I only want players playing who are fully fit.

Are you forgetting too much game time cost him an injury?

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:16 pm

PhatFrog wrote:What?! I'm sorry but he's just coming back from injury. He needs game time to build up fitness but too much game time in one go will do damage. Hence he shouldn't play for Wales. I think a half hour run out for him will be good.

WELL SAID :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:20 pm

You're welcome to your opinion but mine is that i will be ecstatic if he plays!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:22 pm

club before country :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:24 pm

PhatFrog wrote:What?! I'm sorry but he's just coming back from injury. He needs game time to build up fitness but too much game time in one go will do damage. Hence he shouldn't play for Wales. I think a half hour run out for him will be good.

He is clearly not 100% fit as he would be playing for Wales too no problems, so risking him for the Barnsley game in my opinion would be daft, he got a couple of weeks now to get back in shape/fit before City play so if he was to play v Barnsley on Sat and agrovate his injury or pick up another one which sets him back even longer it would be terrible.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Fair point, well made.........bring him on for the last half hour to terrorize Barnsleys defence if we need to.......the fact he will be on the bench will motivate our players!! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:01 pm

lets say Craig is fit for Saturday.We may be lucky to get 50-60 minutes from him.
If he turns out for Wales ,fans would expect more.
Also,I can't see Craig being told he can't play if he was fit.
I would say Craig has spoken to Brian Flynn and DJ putting his point of view explaining that
hes not fit to play for Wales.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:06 pm

It’s the retirees we should be angry with.Giggs and co should hang heir heads in shame. Craig wants to play for Wales.
When fit he’ll be there.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:12 pm

god fish face i hope this makes you happy
f**k WALES :ayatollah:
club always and i hope he retires soon :D

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Totally agree if we get half an hour from him if required from the bench then excellent. Club before country everytime and if we want this year to be our year then we gotta be selfish towards Wales on the bellamy front as well.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 pm

We got Gareth bale ;)

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:00 pm

If he can put in a good shift this weekend I would like to see him play some part in the Wales game next friday (at home), can understand him not traveling to Switzerland though.

Would rather see him not play for 2 weeks though and bring him back when he is fully fit :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:51 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:club before country :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Every day of the week, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:01 pm

They just said on the radio that he wont be fit for saturday.

I don't believe anything anyway.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:02 pm

fully agree billy, good post that always country before club for me surely its the pinnacle, wont be happy if he misses the double header and plays sat. im off to switzerland and a few lads in work share the same feelings, Im not sure if DJ is over ruling him ??? as to be fair he has played and run through brick walls for wales in the past :twisted:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:fully agree billy, good post that always country before club for me surely its the pinnacle, wont be happy if he misses the double header and plays sat. im off to switzerland and a few lads in work share the same feelings, Im not sure if DJ is over ruling him ??? as to be fair he has played and run through brick walls for wales in the past :twisted:

Glad someone is with me :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Fishy this is Nukes view on this!! The City play before any players are due to be released so DJ has every right to play him on Saturday. If Wales was playing Saturday and City were playing Tuesday then he should turn out for Wales.
But his last game for Wales saw him injured and its Cardiff City who have spent the time getting the player fit is it right that his next game was for Wales only to see him get injured again ?
Look at the bigger picture Wales have no chance of Qualifying have they? But the City getting promotion in a very good possibility and the positives for Welsh football would be massive if that was to happen.