Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I am wondering who has been made redundant

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Its ok to laugh and take the piss but its not great when you are made redundant...I know there are people at the club that could be given more work to do and I often wonder why so many people work to get people to buy Premier seats...but whoever gets their marching orders lets wish them luck for the future.

It is important we run a tight ship and I am sure these things have been looked into properly by V Tan and TG but lets not celebrate people losing their jobs.

Good update again by Carl...always look forward to reading them.

Heard some good news Today about the statue but its not common knowledge yet or confirmed but if it comes off the funds will get a big boost...its to do with the statue fund getting a patron...all good stuff.

Re: I am wondering who has been made redundant

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Corky, from a few different Depts.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:53 am

Corky I agree with you it is not a pleasant situation when people are made redundant and it is certainly not a matter of piss taking

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:16 am

corky wrote:Its ok to laugh and take the piss but its not great when you are made redundant...I know there are people at the club that could be given more work to do and I often wonder why so many people work to get people to buy Premier seats...but whoever gets their marching orders lets wish them luck for the future.

It is important we run a tight ship and I am sure these things have been looked into properly by V Tan and TG but lets not celebrate people losing their jobs.

Heard some good news Today about the statue but its not common knowledge yet or confirmed but if it comes off the funds will get a big boost...its to do with the statue fund getting a patron...all good stuff.

The trouble here paul is there are a number of people at the club who have been with the club for years since our league one and two days.
Vincent tan is investing millions on a monthly basis into this club and he would have been looking to see where monies can be saved and recouped from advertising and sponsorship etc.
He and dato are obviously going for promotion this season as we have seen with their commitment to the bellamy signing.
If we were to achieve that dream could any of us put our hand on heart and say that (as an example) the current commercial staff could sit down and do a deal with a malaysian airline over stadium sponsorship etc.
Its a sad fact of life but i think they are intent on turning the club into a proffesionally run business on the football and commercial side and they dont see some of the existing staff cutting the mustard.
The very fact that vincent tan came over without dato was for this sole reason of having a shake up within the club.
I also believe that if other members of staff do not perform over the next few months he will have on qualms about replacing them either.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:55 am

steve davies wrote:
corky wrote:Its ok to laugh and take the piss but its not great when you are made redundant...I know there are people at the club that could be given more work to do and I often wonder why so many people work to get people to buy Premier seats...but whoever gets their marching orders lets wish them luck for the future.

The trouble here paul is there are a number of people at the club who have been with the club for years since our league one and two days.
Vincent tan is investing millions on a monthly basis into this club and he would have been looking to see where monies can be saved and recouped from advertising and sponsorship etc.
He and dato are obviously going for promotion this season as we have seen with their commitment to the bellamy signing.
If we were to achieve that dream could any of us put our hand on heart and say that (as an example) the current commercial staff could sit down and do a deal with a malaysian airline over stadium sponsorship etc.
Its a sad fact of life but i think they are intent on turning the club into a proffesionally run business on the football and commercial side and they dont see some of the existing staff cutting the mustard.
The very fact that vincent tan came over without dato was for this sole reason of having a shake up within the club.
I also believe that if other members of staff do not perform over the next few months he will have on qualms about replacing them either.

Couldnt agree more Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:23 am

Quite right Corky and though everyones circumstance is different i feel sorry for anyone made redundant and all the more if these people were given no prior notice,one of the worse things i have had to do was go home after my shift on the Friday having been imformed with less than an hour left of my working day that there was no work for me on the Monday.Try explaining that one to the missus.I really hope theyve selected the right people to go,the big earners doing feck all for their money i could have given them the names of six or seven after Tuesday night.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 am

Have to check the 2nd page of the programme against Brizzle to see is any names are missing from the Hall of Fame and who's who at CCS ? TG is only moving with the times which is the way of the world at the mo ................ less money and more responsibility , strange that DJ's role seems to become a bigger 1 too ! :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:23 am

I agree guys and it is vital that our football club is run properly...its just sad that people lose jobs whether they are at our club or working elsewhere.

It is difficult to know what the plans are for our club but we have to trust TG and VT...they have talked with Steve Borley and the other directors and put a plan into action and backed it up with hard cash not empty promises.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 am

At present what does Steve Borley actually do for CCFC ? :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:20 am

Vintage 63 wrote:At present what does Steve Borley actually do for CCFC ? :ayatollah:

he is building the house of sport martyn which will be the home of our academy.
the club then have the option to buy it back at cost price within 12 months which i understand the malaysians intend to do

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:35 am

steve davies wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:At present what does Steve Borley actually do for CCFC ? :ayatollah:

the club then have the option to buy it back at cost price within 12 months which i understand the malaysians intend to do

thats good then , take it Borely aint gonna make a huge wad on this and is staying on as Director on completion ? :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:59 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

thats good then , take it Borely aint gonna make a huge wad on this and is staying on as Director on completion ? :ayatollah:

martyn

after langston and pmg steve borley is the next largest creditor owed money by the football club he must be chuffed seeing the riddler walking away with a payoff while he waits for his money.
i wonder in 5 years time if we were comfortable in the premiership if there would be any local directors