Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

summer of 83

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:48 am

whilst in town shopping at austin reed on queen st (purchasing my first lacoste polo ) i bumped in2 5 well known establised hooligans who are 5 years older than i they knew me abit an knew i was lower ely(millbank), they asked me if i would like to go to a friendly in newport v chelsea ? an would i go home an ask some of my mates to !
off i trotted an rounded up a further 2 lol an we ventured back to town where we met these new friends of ours. we boarded train an arrived newport at about 1.30 , on the walk to somerton park we could see hundreds of chelsea had made this trip an few more cardiff there , we got to the match an payed in but for the life of me cant remember whos end we were in, there was sporadic outbreaks of fighting all throu game but between newport an chelsea fans!
game over an the long walk back to station me my two mates an these 5 idiots, anyway about halfway back newport approach us an start talking etc , they walked with us for abit until a mob of chelsea turn up as they do for f**k sake, the chelsea fans say come on then county , an start swaggereing about only for the top county fan to say to em "we dont want trouble but these lot here are cardiff, the rotten git, the chelsea fans turn there attention to us but only to stare an give it some lip before steaming the county, ! saved by the bell
back at the station an us 8 are on platform waiting train an all different mobs of chelsea start turning up an some get real lippy ,i think at this point i wish i stayed in austin reed, with that 2 even older old school cardiff appear on platform opposite jump onto tracks an walk over shouting "come on you chelsea cunts lets have it" i thinking not now ffs :ayatollah: they climbed up platform with all chelsea stood there thinking what the f**k! the old bill did appear at that point an saved the day ! the saturday after was newport v swansea an i could not wait!!
watch this space :D

Re: summer of 83

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Austin Reeds 83....The only place in south wales where you could buy The Fila Bj....Happy days..!!... ;) ;)

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:40 am

with that 2 even older old school cardiff appear on platform opposite jump onto tracks an walk over shouting "come on you chelsea cunts lets have it" i thinking not now ffs they climbed up platform with all chelsea stood there thinking what the f**k!

quality :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:59 am

I certainly hope you did't pay your train fare and you only bought from Reeds if it coud not be stolen

Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:45 pm

the patrick raincoats were the best :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:37 pm

yeah patrick raincoats , wore my to middlesbrough in 83 , i had just purchased a real nice ellesse tracksuit top from selfridges in the smoke but was advised by some older lads that boro love ellesse an was possible to get taxed!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm

kicker shoes were the bees kness but that was 1984 :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:56 pm

kicker shoes crept bac in now . remember going to a.g. meeks etc an pinching tags off em lol tryin to get diff colours!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 pm

i had the blue ones . the originals the best

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Me & Prune went to Paris in the summer of 83 on a goverment sheme training course trip,jeans ripped at the base,wearing my newly doned la-coste polo i pinched from my bro..we hunted high & low for cheap footy wear ...came back with hoads of Tacchini Dallas,cerruti 1881& Ellesse polo shirts...The other lot on the trip coudnt and still never understood our prize possesions of bespoke wimbledon attire ...From those early days of terrace dandy wear its been like a drug,allways on the hunt for something special... :old:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:09 pm

has anyone still got there deerstalker !!
bought mine in calders..

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:18 pm

do i no you munchen?
an i only eva saw pete m with 1 lol

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:33 pm

just remembered i could be seen with a benetton top a white one with 2 blue stripes too .anyone remember them ?

running down memory lane tonight lads -lol

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 pm

i didnt wear it much ,i can remember 'M' in his
i used to go on the train , i remmeber you lot , i got arrested on the way to derby on boxing day think it was 84
got to the game half time , we were behind the goals above in the seats
also went to boro when we had to go back via paddington
sheff wed when that black guy kept coming over every 10 mins asking us if we wanted to go to the toilet !!
everyone used to call me beatsy ?

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:39 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:just remembered i could be seen with a benetton top a white one with 2 blue stripes too .anyone remember them ?

running down memory lane tonight lads -lol

remember them also came in green

farah slacks anybody

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

do i know you ely trendy tell memore about gear etc lol tell me more about the evenings at millbank and having to look the part onthe streets ................. :ayatollah: :D :lol:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:24 am

ah my very old friend "mallo" ! you dont need educating on clothes m8 ( you had agood mentor lol) .
had to look the part didnt we mal we stood out from crowd,
clothes = train= seats= casuals= great times!
farah slacks had few pairs myself an i wearing benetton again , have bin for about 3 years , only polo tops thou with space invader badge on f*cking priceless , ! cant stand all fila an tacchini killed by its own popularity (althou wil wear what have got if i have to) it wer top in the 80s an made good come bac for while but to me its gone has bin for about 6 months! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:30 am

Austin Reed great for shopping on a sunday evening. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:30 am

anyone remember 84 ...codourouy hoodiies...wicked flared jeans & sambas. ;)

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:49 am

birch blue? must no you!
lol sunday night shopping ?
jothams was open sunday nights to lol!
my favorite was golf shops ! new post needed

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:50 am

ely trendy wrote:birch blue? must no you!
lol sunday night shopping ?
jothams was open sunday nights to lol!
my favorite was golf shops ! new post needed

Hi mate its Jason forgot about jothams had a nice burberry from there. :lol:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:04 pm

ah ha nice one jase , all good with you!
remember going in debenhams an taking 2 pair of farahs with me , putting 1 pair on under my jeans an the others bac :ayatollah: !!
jase its scary i know but we known each other nigh on 25 years (is that near )

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Anyone remember Allders?,think it was where JD is now on Queen st.Bought some quality Luftha jackets in there.The whole scene was fantastic then, too many dress the part now on the back of these hoolie films.You had to be an 80`s casuals to appreciate the bigger picture now. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:55 pm

never a truer word spoke!
fecking films , everyone walks around looking a thug now,
but then again the sports wear has moved away for me, to many people wearing it,
against millwall i was in main stand an looking over to our "so called lads" they looked like they were auditioning for jason an his amazing technicolour coat lol, then you had proper millwall in the know wearing the darker colours of s.i , prada, p an s, cp etc , !
sportswear is dead
from ely trendy to soul crew
an still travel the proper way!
long live the 80s casual!

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:57 pm

ely trendy wrote:ah my very old friend "mallo" ! you dont need educating on clothes m8 ( you had agood mentor lol) .
had to look the part didnt we mal we stood out from crowd,
clothes = train= seats= casuals= great times!
farah slacks had few pairs myself an i wearing benetton again , have bin for about 3 years , only polo tops thou with space invader badge on f*cking priceless , ! cant stand all fila an tacchini killed by its own popularity (althou wil wear what have got if i have to) it wer top in the 80s an made good come bac for while but to me its gone has bin for about 6 months! :ayatollah:

i just love all sorts of old and new (got bigger wardobes than my wife and daughter and shoe trainner collection)

just have to look the part no matter where i am day or night and its all dow to Sir Dio the slickest dresser on the streets
as for the tattoos your bonkers i draw a line at too much pain lol xxx