Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BELLAMY AND DYER

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:37 pm

I have just received a text to say that Craig Bellamy has travelled with the squad and is likely to be on the bench tomorrow.

Also the rumours on the net about Keiron Dyer having a contract offer of a short term loan from City are not true.

Re: BELLAMY AND DYER

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have just received a text to say that Craig Bellamy has travelled with the squad and is likely to be on the bench tomorrow.

Also the rumours on the net about Keiron Dyer having a contract offer of a short term loan from City are not true.

Good news on both counts in my humble opinion.
Thanks for the update Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Carl, Terry rang me to ask as well :lol: I said he will prob play either as Sub or start :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, Terry rang me to ask as well :lol: I said he will prob play either as Sub or start :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Haha yes he did ring me and I said I will find out for him :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Carl
More and more good news coming out of our club. I feel very sorry for the people who have been made redundant but VT and DT are determined to make this a successful mission. Thank you for all your intuitive updates

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:09 pm

good, on both counts.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Great news about bellers, thanks again carl for the reliable info. Any news on any new players that dj after carl? Cheers marc

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:36 pm

With regards to Bellamy I expect he would be on the bench and brought on if necessary, tomorrow the pitch will be heavy so I suspect that City will be cautious of playing him for a full a game.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:With regards to Bellamy I expect he would be on the bench and brought on if necessary, tomorrow the pitch will be heavy so I suspect that City will be cautious of playing him for a full a game.

Not doubting your info, but i will be stunned if he plays any part in tomorrows game. Until this week he has not been training with the squad, he had only been running in straight lines and doing no impact work. So in theory he has been training fully for 5 days, surely he is a major liability to cause his knee more harm if he makes an appearance tomorrow especially on a heavy pitch. Just my opinion but it would shock me if he played and i would be suprised if DJ risked him.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:55 pm

nobby wrote:
carlccfc wrote:With regards to Bellamy I expect he would be on the bench and brought on if necessary, tomorrow the pitch will be heavy so I suspect that City will be cautious of playing him for a full a game.

Not doubting your info, but i will be stunned if he plays any part in tomorrows game. Until this week he has not been training with the squad, he had only been running in straight lines and doing no impact work. So in theory he has been training fully for 5 days, surely he is a major liability to cause his knee more harm if he makes an appearance tomorrow especially on a heavy pitch. Just my opinion but it would shock me if he played and i would be suprised if DJ risked him.

I thought a hard pitch is bad for his knee. A watered down pitch so to speak will help the cause :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
nobby wrote:

I thought a hard pitch is bad for his knee. A watered down pitch so to speak will help the cause :ayatollah:

I would imagine it has had more than a watering down today, but it is forecast for sunny intervals up there tomorrow so you may have a point, but i still stick to my words and again would be stunned if he played but if he does i will be the first to admit i was wrong.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Nobby I've had a text off a very close family friend of craigs that said he's fit and ready to play tomorrow.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Infact his words were in text I was with craig family today and he is fit and
craig will be starting tomorrow.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:11 pm

wchurchblue wrote:Nobby I've had a text off a very close family friend of craigs that said he's fit and ready to play tomorrow.

As i said im not doubting the info in anyway, it just suprises me he is being considered so soon when he has not been training properly with the squad, but what do i know eh?

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Politically may be that he plays one half or slightly longer as part of his return to fitness, without having to justify not being in wales squad. My bet if first half rather than risk the need to potentially sub a sub if he has a reaction.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 pm

I agree with what you are saying if he hasn't been training with the team nobby I'm just going by what I've been told. Let's hope we get a good result tomo. Bluebirds!!!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 pm

wchurchblue wrote:I agree with what you are saying if he hasn't been training with the team nobby I'm just going by what I've been told. Let's hope we get a good result tomo. Bluebirds!!!

I want him to play for obvious reasons, and i hope he does and scores just hope he does not aggravate it in anyway. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:20 pm

From Bellamy's personal physio yesterday: "Today Craig Bellamy did his first complete football session with the team. He's ready to play on Saturday vs Barnsley."

http://twitter.com/raymondverheije

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:25 pm

I am being told from 2 different sources both very reliable, that Bellamy will be in the squad tomorrow.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am being told from 2 different sources both very reliable, that Bellamy will be in the squad tomorrow.

Ok im wrong dont rub it in. :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:29 pm

nobby wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I am being told from 2 different sources both very reliable, that Bellamy will be in the squad tomorrow.

Just wanted to clear up any doubt :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
nobby wrote:

Just wanted to clear up any doubt :lol:

Listened to the Real Radio Sports Phone in and David Bishop is adamant that Bellamy is playing tomorrow! :o

I know Bishop is a knob, but he's supposedly a big mate of his! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:56 am

I'd imagine if Craig has travelled he will play...some part!

:ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:55 am

wigstar wrote:I'd imagine if Craig has travelled he will play...some part!

:ayatollah:

thats very true :ayatollah: