Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Clubbing 70's onwards

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Reading the post about the 7777 club, what knocking shops/ clubs did you do your disco dancing to in your day, mine were corbett's in caerphilly,top rank cardiff and the other one down west, charmondsi n porth,the num, polikoffs c'mon guys there must be loads

Re: Clubbing 70's onwards

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:00 pm

montys in charles street was my regular haunt 1984-1989

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 pm

neros, for me in my days :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 pm

luigis but used to venture up to the black prince in llantrisant and the hillside club in tonyrefiel :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:14 pm

also used to visit the phillarmonic on st mary street late 80's

snakebite 65p a pint if you knew the barman :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:59 pm

ccfcbluebird wrote:luigis but used to venture up to the black prince in llantrisant and the hillside club in tonyrefiel :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

f**k forgot about the hillside, and the medow vale tonyrefail, double diamond caerphilly, and the one in parthcawl downstairs in the esplanede i think it was callled appollo's with disco lights on the dance floor god i used to think i was f*cking john travolta dancing in there, there was tiffany's in newport and the brandy bridge in merthyr f**k they are all coming back to me now

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:33 am

bluebird94 wrote:Reading the post about the 7777 club, what knocking shops/ clubs did you do your disco dancing to in your day, mine were corbett's in caerphilly,top rank cardiff and the other one down west, charmondsi n porth,the num, polikoffs c'mon guys there must be loads

I went to the Corbett's as well, also the Checkmate up town.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 am

Whiskey a gogo in St Mary Street, Flagstones in Westgate Street, Top Rank,