Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY "

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 pm

SHOULD HE START TOMORROW or BE A SUB ?

He has not done full training sessions and We have No Reserve team
But Our team is lacking a leader and has lost confidence and how to play as a team.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE DAVE JONES ?

He wants to start .

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY "

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:39 pm

I would have in on the bench and bring him on if needed :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 pm

on the bench and unlease him at half time if we're up against it .

other wise play safe DJ

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SHOULD HE START TOMORROW or BE A SUB ?

But Our team is lacking a leader and has lost confidence and how to play as a team.

He wants to start .

With all due respect Annis, we are talking about one of if not, the best premiership player of 2010 in our squad here, the fact that he hasnt trained properly, and that we dont have a reserve team doesn't make it any more of a risk to be playing him. As long as he's fit, is hungry and wants to play - lets play him. Thats what we bought him for, to terrorise opponent defences, which he will against any rival, put his name on the team sheet and you almost 1-0 up against anyone (psychologically). He is a leader, he demands the best and he encourages the rest of the team. We must get him match fit I agree, but with the experience, and the fact he's dropped to a lower level of football, should be a walk in the park for him.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:50 pm

I'd start him and be happy to get an hour out of him, longer if he can hack it.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:SHOULD HE START TOMORROW or BE A SUB ?

He wants to start .

With all due respect Annis, we are talking about one of if not, the best premiership player of 2010 in our squad here, the fact that he hasnt trained properly, and that we dont have a reserve team doesn't make it any more of a risk to be playing him. As long as he's fit, is hungry and wants to play - lets play him. Thats what we bought him for, to terrorise opponent defences, which he will against any rival, put his name on the team sheet and you almost 1-0 up against anyone (psychologically). He is a leader, he demands the best and he encourages the rest of the team. We must get him match fit I agree, but with the experience, and the fact he's dropped to a lower level of football, should be a walk in the park for him.

He is prob in Cardiff Top 5 of All time, but lets see what DJ does.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 pm

:ayatollah: start him so he can run out onto pitch with my daughter tomorrow ! :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:54 pm

PtB wrote:I'd start him and be happy to get an hour out of him, longer if he can hack it.

This, but no more than 60 mins, on his way back to fitness, or welsh camp will say he is fit for selection!

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:56 pm

shadwellblue wrote:
PtB wrote:I'd start him and be happy to get an hour out of him, longer if he can hack it.

This, but no more than 60 mins, on his way back to fitness, or welsh camp will say he is fit for selection!

They can say that, doesn't mean he would be though. 3 games so quickly would be too much for him, anyone can see that. An hour would be enough, we'll be 4 up by then :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 pm

PtB wrote:
shadwellblue wrote:

They can say that, doesn't mean he would be though. 3 games so quickly would be too much for him, anyone can see that. An hour would be enough, we'll be 4 up by then :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:58 pm

i think dj should give bellars some game time,,,, even if its the last 10 min :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 pm

yes start with him and give him an hour, it could help us get off to a good start go a goal or two up and hopefully our confidence will come back, i'd rather that than have him on the bench and then we go a goal down, we don't often come back from going behind plus there would be more pressure on him when he comes on if we are losing.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 pm

he was unfit against donny so id start and after the 5th goes in on 55 minutes take him off :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 pm

i would start him if he is fit, put them on the back foot to start, build confidence in the team

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Bring him on last 20 mins when the barnsley players are running out'a steam :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

I think he'll start tomorrow, as I listened to the Real Radio Sports Phone in this evening and David Bishop was adamant that Bellamy is playing tomorrow!

I don't particularly like Bishop, but he's supposedly a big mate of his!

I also watched Cardiff City Player this evening and DJ said in his interview, in response to the question, "Is Craig travelling on Saturday?" He replied, "No, because we're travelling up Friday!"

Bellamy also trained with the academy this morning at The Vale and when Ardley was interviewed about Bellamy training with the kids, he said that he'd volunteered to have a run out with them, to get a sweat on in preparation for tomorrow!

Jay may also have made a bit of a slip up in his interview, as he initially said that Bellamy was playing, then watered it down somewhat, to something like, he hopes that he plays tomorrow! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Personally, I think that if he's anywhere near fit, he ought to play, as the team need a bit of a morale lift and this would almost certainly give them that lift! :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:15 pm

hopefully we will leave him out if not 100%
i'll be happy for him to come back against bristol city with drinky and chops :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:15 am

jinks/cwm wrote:hopefully we will leave him out if not 100%
i'll be happy for him to come back against bristol city with drinky and chops :ayatollah:

Jinks, the prob is DJ is Desperate to get us some wins, it will be Very interesting to see what happens.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:46 am

Start him lets start catching up QPR :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:53 am

Depends on whether you think it's easier to gain a lead and keep it or come back from being behind. Personally with our record of winning games from alosing situation I'd start him :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:06 am

Dange wrote:Depends on whether you think it's easier to gain a lead and keep it or come back from being behind. Personally with our record of winning games from alosing situation I'd start him :ayatollah:

I will go with that, Bells on for 60 mins :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:37 am

I would start with Bellamy, if he has passed a fitness test he will need match practice. I agree with other posters, get 60mins out of him, by which time he would have helped to get an unassailable lead. :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:40 am

Bishop was craig best man at his wedding. I personally would love him to start and review him at half time hopefully by then we will be 2 up! Cmon city!!! U enjoy the match lads whilst I've got my head down studying, gutted!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:45 am

Start him.

we desperately need a confidence boost and what better than having Bellamy on the pitch.

As others have said he can always come off later.

IMHO he'd be wasted on the bench. The game could be lost before he can have an impact.

He doesn't need to have too long - we've got Koumas on the bench, if he came on for 30-45 mins then he could throw himself at it.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 am

Start him.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Start him and drop burke to the bench who has struggled the last few games. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Be a sub put him on like 25/20 mins before the end :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Dont take unnecesary risks and bring him on with 20 mins to go when the Barnsley players are blowing outta their arses.

Shame how he isn't fit enough to play for Wales aswell :?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Glad he started now :D

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:52 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Glad he started now :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: