Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The safety officer at Cardiff City Stadium.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Instead of wasting his time and the clubs money sending out petty letters to season ticket holders telling them to sit down, why does'nt he speak to the police to sort out the traffic problem at the end of matches.

People are stuck in their cars in the car park for a hour at the end of matches because no one can be arsed to work out a simple way to empty the stadium car park.

Whoever is responsible for sending out these petty letters makes my blood boil and I hope VT can put an end to this waste of time in his restructuring of the way the club is run.

I went to a baseball game in the USA in July and there were 47,000 spectators there and most had come by car. At the end of the match the car park was emptied in 5 minutes, by the local police giving sports fans the right of way for 5 minutes. Safety officer do something useful.

Re: The safety officer at Cardiff City Stadium.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:34 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: I've been to Candlestick Park and the Sky Dome and the car parks empty in a matter of minutes. Why can't the CCS :?:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:48 pm

same when i went to giant stadium there was 90,000 for a giants game!!!

we went by greyhound coach, from NYC,

at the end of the game we qued for the bus,

there was at least 30 coaches waiting plus others pulling in all the time,

on and back to NYC in around 35 mins.....

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Making more exits available on Slopper Road & a road going onto the industrial estate behind the stadium would be a good idea. Meaning that not everyone is trying to get out of the car park via one exit. Also stopping the traffic on Leckwith Road, manually. And allowing it through everyone 40-50 cars.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Why would the safety officer care how long it took you to get out of the car park?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:46 pm

they dont give a flying f**k about us, and i think these things should now be taken up with the owners
sack nas for one and fetch someone usefull in that can work with the fans :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:36 am

The police stop all traffic to allow the away coaches out of the car park. Why not keep the route open for a further 5 minutes to let all the home fans out.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 am

Magners wrote:The police stop all traffic to allow the away coaches out of the car park. Why not keep the route open for a further 5 minutes to let all the home fans out.

Keep them back for 20 minutes.

Also change the priority on the traffic lights to let a constant stream out.

Do they also let traffic out of the car park directly onto Sloper road ?

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 pm

:lol: you think that the CCS is bad, you should try the Madejski. This year it took me longer to get out of the car park after running the half marathon, than it took me to run the half marathon :evil:
AndyFS