Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE WILL BEAT SWANSEA !! : This is football and on t

Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:10 am

WE WILL BEAT SWANSEA !! :

This is football and on the day anything can happen ….but on paper the practical evidence indicate that we should expect to win on September 16th .

Following is my reasoning comparing our advantages to theirs :

(A) Bluebirds Edging Advantages :

1- More Experienced Team : ….. I expect that the average age of the Swans to be 22 or 23 …. We should have too much experience for them.

2- We Have A Big Height Advantage : …. I expect us to score from set pieces …..while they are less likely to score from dead ball situations .

.3- We Have More Scoring Potential : …..apart from Yates (5’9”) they do not have much scoring potential ….. we have more varied potential … from midfield , wingers and forwards.

4- Our Team Is Quite Stronger Than Last Season …..While Theirs Is Weaker : ……..we shipped out a lot of our younger players and fringe players and replaced them with lots of proven players ….. while they lost few of their best players and replaced them with young potential .

5- We Are More Up To It : …….their manager is already making excuses to cover his backside in case they lose ….. while ours never stops saying he is hell bent on winning every game .

6- We Are Playing At Home : We should expect to have well over 20,000 highly motivated and vociferous supporters …..this is always a big advantage.

(B) Swans Edging Advantages :

1- They Are Fitter : …….. I am basing my reasoning on the fact that they have a very young team and therefore I am expecting that they can run the whole day …….while we have few players who can not last the whole 100 minutes . However , we can overcome that by our subs .

2- They Will Have More Possession And Better Passing …….so they want to pass the ball into the net (so to speak) ….. so do we have the defense discipline to stop that ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WE WILL BEAT SWANSEA !! : This is football and

Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:20 am

I'm not even convinced they'll have more possession and better passing.
I got a feeling we are going to wipe the floor with them this year.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:20 am

Our last performances v them have been unacceptable, we need to destroy them this time, nothing else. Surely 7.45pm Saturday has the potential to be a cracking atmosphere but the players need to perform.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:08 am

The last home game they hammered us, better than us in every position. It was one of the most one sided game I have seen since I started following City in 1968. I was amazed they never played like that again for the rest of the season. I can only come to one conclusion, 90 % of that game is in the head and they were stronger mentally and the manager ‘ out managed ‘ our manager on the day
Now we have a much better manager [ fingers crossed ] and a much better team, but a team ‘ still in progress’ They are in a very similar position, we are slightly ahead in our development. This is our time for sweet revenge. Ramsey will know exactly what this means to us and will make the difference.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:27 am

Hope you're right Annis, our recent record against the tramps is shocking. That said we were unlucky in our last match when they got the winner in the 99th minute. We are far better than last season although that has to be backed up by winning games, and i've a feeling that we'll put them away a week saturday. :thumbup:

Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:51 am

I don't agree on us having height advantage but we need this win. Long overdue

Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:36 am

It's always a strange game, form doesn't really matter.

Their last few managers have made it their cup final and they've been so much better for us in every game against them for a while.

I do think it'll be different this season. We now have a manager who understands the importance of derby games, don't forget he has played and managed in Fenerbache v Galatasaray - it doesn't get much more hostile than that.

Will be at the game and looking forward to it but I think it's impossible to predict how it will go.

Looks like the lower part of the stadium will be full and they'll open up Upper Ninian.

We are long overdue a win against them.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:20 am

The Jacks are very quiet on this game and it does feel their time of good times against us is up.

I don't want to say anything else about this game.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:21 pm

Their fans won't like it when they lose, fans with young kids in the family stand to be careful they've got form for throwing things into the family stands.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:24 pm

I would play Tanner and run at them, he would scare them, beat them get them booked, and lift our crowd, I think he could have a key role.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:05 pm

We haven't had a better time to beat them, not for a good while anyway

Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:22 pm

I don't know about hammer them but I'd happily take a 1-0 home win in a dour and dreadful game right now. Time to end this derby losing run.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:29 pm

As long as our player return from international duty in a fit state to play the sat not injured
Collins siopis ramsey etc

Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:59 pm

We'll win comfortably

Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:30 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:We'll win comfortably

Nothing is comfortable in these games! We are owed a win but I have no confidence at all. We wont press then sufficiently for 90 minutes and if we concede first there is every chance we will lose yet again. My prediction is 2 v 2. But if Bulut loses this, he will struggle to recover. Any respect for him will have gone. Really wish we didn't have this fixture so early in the season if I am honest

Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:49 pm

I just think we're better man for man and our losing streak has to come to an end

Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:54 pm

You can bet your bottom dollar that Ramsey will get injured playing for wales, it’s just our luck.
Not sure if Bulut is a good enough manager to get the better of them either.

Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 pm

Get the place rocking and we have a chance

Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:46 am

For the past few years I haven’t seen any desire from a Cardiff team v swans .
That’s the most disappointing part for me , let’s see what happens .

Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:09 am

I can see there being a chance to beat them. However, there is the massive risk that we tend to give away 3 points to sides with poor form. Personally I want to see this double-double bullshit end.

Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:05 am

i won't lie, from the games i've seen this season, defensively we are very very poor, Sheff Wed, we won 2-1 but a better team would of absolutely punished us.

Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:58 pm

Cardiff vs Swansea: Match facts -

There were 15 passes in the build-up to Aaron Ramsey’s goal against Ipswich Town last time out, the most in the build-up to a Championship goal scored by Cardiff City since December 2015 (Tony Watt vs Bolton, also 15 passes).

Swansea City have dropped the most points from winning positions in the Championship this season (6), losing their last two after going 1-0 ahead. Opponents Cardiff, meanwhile, have failed to win either of their two games this season after going 2-0 ahead (drew 2-2 with Leeds, lost 3-2 to Ipswich).

Cardiff are without a clean sheet in their last 16 Championship games, the longest current run of any Championship side. They last went longer without a shutout between August 2021 and January 2022 (25 games).

Swansea have won their last three league visits to Cardiff, having only won five of their first 29 English Football League games at the Bluebirds between 1929 and 2020 (W5 D10 L14).

Cardiff have lost their last four league games against Swansea City – this is the longest run of victories by either side in this South Wales derby in the English Football League.[list=][/list]

Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:02 pm

This is the best time to beat them :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:46 pm

3-1 for me but they must watch their discipline

Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:This is the best time to beat them :bluebird: :bluebird:

;) :thumbup:

Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:45 am