Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCS Atmosphere my view

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Further to my previous posts i never attended Ninian but played there a few times so can not relate back to the past to judge CCS . I travel away as often as possible and much prefer that experience to home games but home is where the heart is.

Its easy away we are the underdogs, the outnumbered and the priviliged few so to raise the roof all concentrated in one area is an easy task. Being away from home is like being in an opium den all off our heads on the same stuff but connected at the core.No expectations as alot of the posts stated we would probably have taken a draw today and not surprised at a loss.

HOME thats where the fundamental problem lies forget new fans, forget plastics you could cut the tension with a knife. Nervousness the new CCS disease you can feel it we have Bellamy,oli etc,etc ,etc we are the team to beat . WE EXPECT.
The away fans dont so they cheer every little detail we bemoan every mistake. It all adds up to silence.

With the win today and second place becoming a norm perhaps we can all start to relax. Expectations will be fulfilled and the roof raised. We will bring it and the Worzels will be the first to the sword.

CCS will be a cauldren and memories will be made (Play off semi final) the good times are coming.

SO MAKE SOME NOISE.............................. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CCS Atmosphere my view

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:49 pm

excellent post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 pm

I would like to believe that, but 4,000 in Ninian Park made more Noise, Yes we had terrible atmosphere there, but even when We scored with a crowd of 1,500 we cheered/rejoiced more than 22,000 Fans do in the New Stadium, THATS MY BELIEF and OPINION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 pm

all it takes is for us to sing ! not hard is it, spread the word.......sing !

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:39 pm

I agree we should all get involved raise the roof. But even the most die hard Cardiff old boy knows that this is a new era lots of new fans. 4000 boys all in the ninian all together theyve been there did it is bound to make more noise . The new breed of fast food fans need educating they want high excitement every minute its the same through out todays society entertainment is king.

As the expression goes theyll sing when we are winning. Sad but true

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Javelin73 wrote:I agree we should all get involved raise the roof. But even the most die hard Cardiff old boy knows that this is a new era lots of new fans. 4000 boys all in the ninian all together theyve been there did it is bound to make more noise . The new breed of fast food fans need educating they want high excitement every minute its the same through out todays society entertainment is king.

We really are trying to get them involved, but they look at us as if we were from another planet.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 pm

To be honest looking around the 'Star Wars Bar' has nothing on the CCS i live in hope. A goal , a performance or a result will kick start the casual by stander into the world of Blue it happened to me now i smoke the crack pipe of CCFC as often as possible and suffer withdrawl when i cant sing or shout (the neighbours can testify at my rant listening to the radio today).

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Javelin73 wrote:I agree we should all get involved raise the roof. But even the most die hard Cardiff old boy knows that this is a new era lots of new fans. 4000 boys all in the ninian all together theyve been there did it is bound to make more noise . The new breed of fast food fans need educating they want high excitement every minute its the same through out todays society entertainment is king.

We really are trying to get them involved, but they look at us as if we were from another planet.

You should see it my side of the Ninian (E19) - shocking. The guy behind my Son even had a go at him for standing a few weeks ago when Bellamy looked like he might score! :o :o :o And as for singing, I think most of them must be Mute! :(

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:06 pm

What really grinds my gears these days is when we score a goal. At Ninian, the crowd used to go nuts. Dancing, charging to the frount, hugging the nearest person to u. When I did that at the CCS, people look at you as if to say "it's only a goal".

The last time we done something was at Leicester. & again at Swansea. It felt like home them two day/nights. But I think people are too affraid these days to get involved, just incase the person next to them tells them to shut up or sit down.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I would like to believe that, but 4,000 in Ninian Park made more Noise, Yes we had terrible atmosphere there, but even when We scored with a crowd of 1,500 we cheered/rejoiced more than 22,000 Fans do in the New Stadium, THATS MY BELIEF and OPINION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree 100% Ninian Park will NEVER be beaten in my eyes. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Nobby from what has become obvious NInian will never be beaten but the ones who care should never give up . We must become preachers and convert the non believers. We can win out CCs will generate its own memories.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 am

I would like to say it is all relative from where you are in the ground. In Ninian Park the Lower Grandstand was packed with like minded people. As was the Grange End. Whoever you were near in Ninian you were likely to be near people and friends of many years. This will take time to replicate in the CCS.
Give the new people time and they will realise what it is to be a City fan. Also people will continue to move around so like minded people will gravitate together and those who want to sing and cheer will gather together. In Ninian people knew that in the Bob Bank you sat in A block and stood after half way going towards the Grange End.
The CCS is bigger and needs bigger people to make the same atmosphere as we had in Ninian. It was always going to be different and difficult but give it time.
Remember we are all City and we have come a long way and we need all to continue this magical journey we are on.
:ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:43 am

ChrisB wrote:I would like to say it is all relative from where you are in the ground. In Ninian Park the Lower Grandstand was packed with like minded people. As was the Grange End. Whoever you were near in Ninian you were likely to be near people and friends of many years. This will take time to replicate in the CCS.

Spoke to a Millwall about this and he said it took them 18 years to get back their atmosphere from their old place. It will be interesting to see what it is like there when we visit.

Yesterday was a reminder to me of how important it is that singing fans are together. For away games we can basically stand where we want just like at the Grange end. Although Grandstand A was seated it was unique due to the type of fan that had made its way there over the years. This is what is needed, a part of the ground that should be allocated for such fans.

I personally would like to see the two blocks next to the away fans be allowed to stand. Well at least the rows at the back. The club should send a message out that this is what is going to happen and arrange for alternative seating for those that dont want that. It would be a start.