Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONE PLAYER TO WATCH

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Is a Fairwater lad Aaron Holloway.

Aaron has come through the academy at Bristol City, he is a skillful, powerful player and has trained recently with their first team. In their last 2 academy games he has been moved from a usual centre half position, which is the position he represents Wales at Under 19 level and Brian Flynn believes highly in him, to striker.

Against Arsenal he scored both goals in a 2-0 win and again yesterday he was up front and got on the score sheet against Spurs. The word from Bristol is the kid is likely to be used against his home town club in a desperate need for goals to change their luck.

The belief is that Aaron is destined for the Premier League and I wish him the very best in his career but hope he doesn't produce against City on what is likely to be his first team debut.

Re: ONE PLAYER TO WATCH

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:23 pm

I love hearing about good young welsh lads for welsh football

But I get frustrated when another story of a great young Cardiff lad is not in Cardiff City academy our scouts failed there

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Hopefully the step up will be to much for his first game. Then good luck to the boy :lol:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Our Academy should sign up every young footballer named Aaron IMO :old: :lol:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:58 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I love hearing about good young welsh lads for welsh football

But I get frustrated when another story of a great young Cardiff lad is not in Cardiff City academy our scouts failed there

Impossible to spot em all.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:15 pm

One of my mates, played with him for ely rangers and caerau up to under 16s where he played as a striker, went to bristol an they put him at center half.

He will make it im sure of it, but dont think he'll be the answer to there problems against city. Gets very frustrated easy, he has got bags of pace mind an will leave hudson or gypes in his path.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:45 pm

taffyapple wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:I love hearing about good young welsh lads for welsh football

Yeah, but they also got Christian Ribeiro and James Wilson from South Wales. That doesn't reflect very well on our youth academy set up. Perhaps Carl (as I understand that he has access to the Malaysians) should check if TG and VT have plans to enhance our youth scouting network. If they are not "football men" they may not yet realise the value to our Club of uncovering young gems. Being sharp business men though they won't need telling twice.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:02 pm

fairwater and hes at bristol why? what happened there then,
did our scouts miss him or didnt he show anything when watched ?

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:04 pm

With no respect due, fcuk the Wurzels. Let's sign him if he's that good.

They are on a downward spiral and unless a decent Prem team come in for him surely a move home would be tempting for him.

As for the Malaysian's and whether they appreciate the benefit of a good youth system, TG's son was writing to clubs trying to find somewhere to play, hence TG now being here, so surely he must be aware of the benefits.

Nothing winds me up more than seeing people like Gareth Bale moving from Southampton to Spurs for a fortune and Bellamy before him but the way we are going, these kids will come knocking on our door surely!

UP THE CITY :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:fairwater and hes at bristol why? what happened there then,
did our scouts miss him or didnt he show anything when watched ?

In the time from under 12's to Under 16s not one scout came to watch in that time or for the matter our team at all and we where always in cup finals an going for the league every season. His dad got him the trial at bristol.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:15 pm

another yougster involved in the brizzle city academy is a chap called Miles from east cardiff . playing for wales under 16's in a few weeks time

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Maybe they did spot this young chap and just felt he wasn't all he might seem to be. It happens.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm

["moonboots"]["taffyapple"][q"valleyrambill"]I love hearing about good young welsh lads for welsh football

But I get frustrated when another story of a great young Cardiff lad is not in Cardiff City academy our scouts failed there[/

Impossible to spot em all.[/quote]

Yeah, but they also got Christian Ribeiro and James Wilson from South Wales. That doesn't reflect very well on our youth academy set up. Perhaps Carl (as I understand that he has access to the Malaysians) should check if TG and VT have plans to enhance our youth scouting network. If they are not "football men" they may not yet realise the value to our Club of uncovering young gems. Being sharp business men though they won't need telling twice.[/quote]

the malaysians have a keen interest in the house of sport project.
as well as being a home for the academy the malaysians hope to send the cream of the malaysian youngsters over here of which hopefully cardiff would get first choice of any gems.
there are lots of occasions where welsh youngsters slip through cardiffs net and we should not forget that we released bellamy because he was told he was to small to play football.
sometimes its just about one mans opinion as to wether a player gets a chance.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:40 pm

steve davies wrote:["moonboots"]["taffyapple"][q"valleyrambill"]I love hearing about good young welsh lads for welsh football

But I get frustrated when another story of a great young Cardiff lad is not in Cardiff City academy our scouts failed there[/

Yeah, but they also got Christian Ribeiro and James Wilson from South Wales. That doesn't reflect very well on our youth academy set up. Perhaps Carl (as I understand that he has access to the Malaysians) should check if TG and VT have plans to enhance our youth scouting network. If they are not "football men" they may not yet realise the value to our Club of uncovering young gems. Being sharp business men though they won't need telling twice.[/quote]

as well as being a home for the academy the malaysians hope to send the cream of the malaysian youngsters over here of which hopefully cardiff would get first choice of any gems.
there are lots of occasions where welsh youngsters slip through cardiffs net and we should not forget that we released bellamy because he was told he was to small to play football.
sometimes its just about one mans opinion as to wether a player gets a chance.[/quote]

Cant see much coming out of Malaysia Steve, work permits too will be an issue . fair play to their enthusiasim though.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:44 pm

["Daya"]["steve davies"]["moonboots"]["taffyapple"][q"valleyrambill"]I love hearing about good young welsh lads for welsh football

Yeah, but they also got Christian Ribeiro and James Wilson from South Wales. That doesn't reflect very well on our youth academy set up. Perhaps Carl (as I understand that he has access to the Malaysians) should check if TG and VT have plans to enhance our youth scouting network. If they are not "football men" they may not yet realise the value to our Club of uncovering young gems. Being sharp business men though they won't need telling twice.

sometimes its just about one mans opinion as to wether a player gets a chance.

Cant see much coming out of Malaysia Steve, work permits too will be an issue . fair play to their enthusiasim though.[/quote]

i think they might go down the scholarship route to get around that problem steve as the acadamy will be used as a school for the trainee's and apprentices.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Wont work Steve, wont have the talent.... pipe dream.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:00 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:another yougster involved in the brizzle city academy is a chap called Miles from east cardiff . playing for wales under 16's in a few weeks time

Good player Miles John, plays against England shortly Victory Shield at Haverfordwest and live on Sky 2.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:08 pm

you are correct dayo and the lad and his dad are both city fans !!! could be spotted down the neville in grangetown before games not long ago !(when it was open )

saw him play a few times with his school last year .must admit i think i had better players in my junior side last year

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:12 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:you are correct dayo and the lad and his dad are both city fans !!! could be spotted down the neville in grangetown before games not long ago !(when it was open )

saw him play a few times with his school last year .must admit i think i had better players in my junior side last year

Father Steve is a great bloke!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:58 am

carlccfc wrote:Is a Fairwater lad Aaron Holloway.

Aaron has come through the academy at Bristol City, he is a skillful, powerful player and has trained recently with their first team. In their last 2 academy games he has been moved from a usual centre half position, which is the position he represents Wales at Under 19 level and Brian Flynn believes highly in him, to striker.

Against Arsenal he scored both goals in a 2-0 win and again yesterday he was up front and got on the score sheet against Spurs. The word from Bristol is the kid is likely to be used against his home town club in a desperate need for goals to change their luck.

The belief is that Aaron is destined for the Premier League and I wish him the very best in his career but hope he doesn't produce against City on what is likely to be his first team debut.

Played aginst him for school. He was up front then and i'm a centre half. Hes about twice my size. Lost 3-1 and he scored once that day. Lots of pace but I think I did a fair job on him, much better as a striker than at Centre half IMO.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:07 am

I run a junior side in Cardiff and Bristol have signed two of my players and are looking at two more and wose still they beat Cardiff last year at this age level.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:13 am

Dont know much about Newport but speaking to scout from Bristol they are looking at one of there strikers.