Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This 'We Love You, We Love You, We Love You' song...

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Its all a little bit gay isnt it?

Not for me sorry.

All I can picture is a bunch of eastern europeans linking arms, bouncing up and down and singing in harmony.

In my opinion, stuff like this, and ultras has no place in the British Football Stadium.

Iv got to be honest, I would feel like a right lemon singing this with my arms moving in and out in unison like some Nazi Salute whilst then bouncing up and down with my arm around the fella next to me.

I suppose its alright for the youngsters and if Football Atmospheres are moving in the direction of the style of our Eastern European Cousins then Ill have to move with the times.

What happened to good old British style chanting and Flags?

This move to Italian/German/Turkish etc etc etc style chanting is not for me sorry lads and for that reason I'm out.. :ayatollah:

Re: This 'We Love You, We Love You, We Love You' song...

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Im also not fussed on this.

We need new songs BADLY though. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:10 pm

its not a great song but its a song and it could get people singing and making noise at our lifeless souless bowl

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:11 pm

I JUST LIKE THE SONG ! :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:23 pm

a horse with no name wrote:its not a great song but its a song and it could get people singing and making noise at our lifeless souless bowl

Agree with you. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:30 pm

it's a great song for changing the atmosphere at the ccs!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:40 pm

I prefer 'we're Cardiff, we're barmy, we're off our cuffing heads' :D

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I prefer 'we're Cardiff, we're barmy, we're off our cuffing heads' :D

Agree.. :D

This song is ok for youngsters I guess, but in my opinion anyone over a certain age singing this looks a little bit silly.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Midfield general wrote:
EddieEdwards wrote:Its all a little bit gay isnt it?

Not for me sorry.

All I can picture is a bunch of eastern europeans linking arms, bouncing up and down and singing in harmony.

In my opinion, stuff like this, and ultras has no place in the British Football Stadium.

Iv got to be honest, I would feel like a right lemon singing this with my arms moving in and out in unison like some Nazi Salute whilst then bouncing up and down with my arm around the fella next to me.

I suppose its alright for the youngsters and if Football Atmospheres are moving in the direction of the style of our Eastern European Cousins then Ill have to move with the times.

What happened to good old British style chanting and Flags?

This move to Italian/German/Turkish etc etc etc style chanting is not for me sorry lads and for that reason I'm out.. :ayatollah:

Fully agree to this comment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

with you all the way on this one lads

Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:46 pm

the fact is the songs and chants have died a death at our ground at least these lads are doing something about it , heres the city faithful at barnsley doing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPewE1gpNEk :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:the fact is the songs and chants have died a death at our ground at least these lads are doing something about it , heres the city faithful at barnsley doing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPewE1gpNEk :ayatollah:

Like I said mate, if Football Chants are going down the route of our European Cousins then so be it.

Its just not for me sorry.

You could argue Im just being a boring barsteward, but I was brought up on old fashion terraces with proper football chanting.

Cant stand this new age European shit to be honest.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:20 pm

I like this one, it's a good bouncing tune and gets people going.

Wouldn't like to see the whole Ultra's thing being adopted though.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:27 pm

It sounds good and its new. So unless we can come up with something else then lets do it. Anyone got a link of any team doing it ?

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:It sounds good and its new. So unless we can come up with something else then lets do it. Anyone got a link of any team doing it ?

City yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPewE1gpNEk

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:It sounds good and its new. So unless we can come up with something else then lets do it. Anyone got a link of any team doing it ?

City yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPewE1gpNEk

Cheers Fymo tops :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Cheers Fymo tops :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: [/quote]

Your welcome 'glowing man' :D

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:07 pm

I like it, sounded great on the radio. Much as I like our traditional city songs, its good to throw some new ones into the mix to freshen things up. If 100 Crystal Palace fans can out sing 20,000 of us, then I hope it catches on.

:ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:36 pm

As far as i'm concerened, we should stop nicking songs from Palace and make some of our own. Enjoyed the new Keogh chant yesterday even though he wasnt playing haha

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 pm

I like it , just downloaded it an put it on my fifa11 so when i score it plays , also got ill be there for when the team walks onto the pitch and you are my cardiff chant which starts going randomly throughout the match :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I like it, sounded great on the radio. Much as I like our traditional city songs, its good to throw some new ones into the mix to freshen things up. If 100 Crystal Palace fans can out sing 20,000 of us, then I hope it catches on.

:ayatollah:

You could hardly here the Palace fans from the Canton mate so they couldnt have been that great.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Its crap, we do we have to copy other fans? why can't we come up with somthing orginal?

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Ben wrote:Its crap, we do we have to copy other fans? why can't we come up with somthing orginal?

If we want a song thats ours all we have to do is sing 'Ill be there, Ill be there, with my little pick and shovel I'll be there.. BLUEEEBIRDs, and over and over again. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:54 pm

My favourite CCFC chant is I'll Be There as it is our song.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Cheers Fymo tops :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your welcome 'glowing man' :D[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Quality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: