Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

why so confident?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:12 am

WHY are people so confident with Cardiff taking so many points in the near future?They havent really been playing well and have lost points to sides they should not have .I know players are coming back slowly but they would have to improve the way they are playing a lot to take the kind of points people are sayingThe style of play has not really been that good .Once again i ask the question are we playing not to lose or to win?Hope i am wrong and they win the next 5 games but i honestly believe that they will have to play a lot better to secure those kind of points,Before people rush and say we are in 2nd place .Please stop and think is that because of our good play or is it a bit of luck and others bad play ?

Re: why so confident?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:20 am

John ask the same question at the end of January :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:48 am

Not confident at all John.

Indeed we have dropped points against teams we should be seeing off no problem. Just look at our last 6 opponents. We lost against Leicester under Sousa who no one else has. We were lucky to come away with a point against a injury ravage Palace and this game was at home. We got out of jail against Millwall and Hull at home. Ipswich was our most difficult game out of that lot and we gave that game away. Fortunately we had a good victory Saturday against Barnsley but the difference there was Bellamy. How are we going to be without him?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:09 am

That is the worry

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 am

Also shows how much we are missing Chopra

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 am

john52 wrote:WHY are people so confident with Cardiff taking so many points in the near future?They havent really been playing well and have lost points to sides they should not have .I know players are coming back slowly but they would have to improve the way they are playing a lot to take the kind of points people are sayingThe style of play has not really been that good .Once again i ask the question are we playing not to lose or to win?Hope i am wrong and they win the next 5 games but i honestly believe that they will have to play a lot better to secure those kind of points,Before people rush and say we are in 2nd place .Please stop and think is that because of our good play or is it a bit of luck and others bad play ?

I'm confident because with all our players back, we'll beat most teams in this division and as I suspect we'll also be strengthening the team come January, there'll be no holding us back!

If we hadn't suffered so many injuries to key players all at the same time, we wouldn't have lost to Ipswich or Palace either! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am

SO in the next 5 games what you are really saying is that we must not have any injuries?I still believe we still need players in now not Jan as certain loan players appear to have fnot performed that well

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:47 pm

john52 wrote:SO in the next 5 games what you are really saying is that we must not have any injuries? I still believe we still need players in now not Jan as certain loan players appear to have not performed that well

No, what I am saying is, that if we have all the players back from injury including Drinks and Chopra, we'll have too good a playing 11, for the vast majority of teams in this division!

The only loan player who hasn't played to his capability so far (when he has played in his normal position), is Koumas, who has had barely any playing time over the past couple of seasons, so it's only natural that he'd take time to get back to his best!

Bellamy has been class when he's played, so has Olly and Drinks! Keogh is not a centre forward and struggled when he had to cover for Jay (even though he worked his socks off), although I thought he looked a classy player when he came on for the last 10 minutes for Bellamy and played wide at Pompey! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: