Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sneaked in to the Ryder Cup today!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Couldnt make the weekend as was working. When the extra day was announced I made my plan last night after failing to land a ticket. I live 5 mins from the course so I took the old Usk valley path where i have been walking my dog for years knowing it goes right up to the woods behind the 2010 clubhouse. Dragged my mate along as we trudged through sodden waist high undergrowth and stingy nettles and after much effort it worked a treat. We came out of the woods and mingled with the crowds and we were in!! :ayatollah:

Great day, great finish. Never seen so many sober sports fans though :lol: Pringle everywhere! No comparison like watching the City though!

Re: Sneaked in to the Ryder Cup today!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:55 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Couldnt make the weekend as was working. When the extra day was announced I made my plan last night after failing to land a ticket. I live 5 mins from the course so I took the old Usk valley path where i have been walking my dog for years knowing it goes right up to the woods behind the 2010 clubhouse. Dragged my mate along as we trudged through sodden waist high undergrowth and stingy nettles and after much effort it worked a treat. We came out of the woods and mingled with the crowds and we were in!! :ayatollah:

Great day, great finish. Never seen so many sober sports fans though :lol: Pringle everywhere! No comparison like watching the City though!

scumbags some of us folked out over £200 for 2 days ;) :lol: (not me) :lol:
i kinda did the same as you, got on the bus for staff, and walked in at 6.30am with a staff card from the day b4 :lol:

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 pm

milly44 wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:Couldnt make the weekend as was working. When the extra day was announced I made my plan last night after failing to land a ticket. I live 5 mins from the course so I took the old Usk valley path where i have been walking my dog for years knowing it goes right up to the woods behind the 2010 clubhouse. Dragged my mate along as we trudged through sodden waist high undergrowth and stingy nettles and after much effort it worked a treat. We came out of the woods and mingled with the crowds and we were in!! :ayatollah:

scumbags some of us folked out over £200 for 2 days ;) :lol: (not me) :lol:
i kinda did the same as you, got on the bus for staff, and walked in at 6.30am with a staff card from the day b4 :lol:

Milly, Its our right as Caerleon boys to get a freebie from Mr Matthews!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 pm

mr matthews has treated me very well, two free days of golf, and totally bolloxed for free :D
oh wait that was thanks to claire :D :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 pm

any idea how much they were charging for a pint etc?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:04 pm

ninianblue wrote:any idea how much they were charging for a pint etc?

Fiver for SA, never again will I slag of CCS prices!!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:07 pm

to be honest ,i thought it might be more than that,,,,, 5 star hotel,,, still steep though, cheers

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:11 pm

£5 a pint (Heineken, Brains SA, Brains Black and Strongbow). I was working behind the bar. Got so sick of people moaning about the price (some really thought it must have been the first time I'd heard the comments, even though I'd been there for a week :roll: )

Just don't buy a pint if you don't want to pay that much?!?

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:12 pm

milly44 wrote:mr matthews has treated me very well, two free days of golf, and totally bolloxed for free :D
oh wait that was thanks to claire :D :ayatollah:

:D

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:36 pm

The price of a pint was £3.50 in the PGA Members marquee and £4.00 in the posh International Pavilion, I was lucky enough to get passes for them on Monday, but on Sunday I was on the £5.00 pints with the rest of the punters, it's the same old story, it's the rich that get the pleasure. :roll:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:33 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

Fiver for SA, never again will I slag of CCS prices!!

ah yes, but you got to keep the 'Ryder cup' logoed plastic cup for that fiver. Maybe worth something one day!!

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:18 am

Claire wrote:

£5 a pint (Heineken, Brains SA, Brains Black and Strongbow). I was working behind the bar. Got so sick of people moaning about the price (some really thought it must have been the first time I'd heard the comments, even though I'd been there for a week :roll: )

How muuuuuuuuuch?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:37 am

also 9 people suffered broken legs at the golf. :shock: just heard it on the radio :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Karl wrote:
Claire wrote:

How muuuuuuuuuch?

:roll: