Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

cardiff city fans making radio 2 for all the wrong reasons

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 am

lady talking about stopping the train,caqrdiff to valleys,she stopped train after fans wouldnt stop being abussive in front of her children.the train was stopped at ystrad,after the millwall game :(

Re: cardiff city fans making radio 2 for all the wrong reasons

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23682 :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23107&p=219051#p219051

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:03 pm

To be honest since crowds have picked up its not a pleasant train journey to make. I make my way to grangetown station as the train then goes to the top at Rhymney, there are now hundreds of people getting on mainly drunk 13 year old's , swagging cans shouting and swearing, a few shoppers then manage to get on at central and queen street . The look of horror then starts in as they all bang the glass shouting barmy f**** army , and abuse people on the train, etc etc, sometimes the BTP come on sometimes they dont. my missus just finished working for BTP and apparanly less crimes are reported on the valley lines as it s a boys own club with guards and conductors not bothering to report things !!!!

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:11 pm

it was also on daybreak this morning. i missed it but my missus said they were looking at the cctv off the train trying to identify those responsible

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 pm

and on Radio 5live as well. Did not paint a rosy picture.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm

on bbc 1 in the next half hour on wales today. :(

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:49 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/

Train Yobs Angry mum stops train

Was on about 13:00
AndyFS

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/

Train Yobs Angry mum stops train
Was on at 13:00
AndyFS

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:53 pm

maybe she can be a vigilante type guardian angel for the forthcoming autumn and 6 nations rugby matches too ?

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:maybe she can be a vigilante type guardian angel for the forthcoming autumn and 6 nations rugby matches too ?

She stated on Radio Wales earlier that "it just doesn't happen with the rugby". She's obviously never been on the train up from Cardiff after a rugby international. I have and it's f*cking mental. Nobody pays the fare because the guards are no where to be seen.

Whilst I'm on the subject, can anyone think of any other sporting event or any event for that matter where they have to put up a mobile hospital tent in the castle grounds to cope with the nutters and yobs from that event and to take some of the strain off the hospitals? The only event I can think of is the Six Nations games in Cardiff. I suppose all those injuries though are just high jinx, fell over or walked in to a door perhaps. And I suppose the average of 50 arrests per Wales rugby game are nothing to do with the rugby.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23682 :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:12 pm

if we ever get to the prem,this is the type of stuff the english press will relish on :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:13 pm

krab wrote:if we ever get to the prem,this is the type of stuff the english press will relish on :ayatollah:

sorry that should have said when not if :D :D :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:13 pm

se speaks out :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11476607

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:39 pm

You've also got to ask yourself who actually went to the press with the story, the "hooligans?"...nope, British Rail?......nope, the Police?......Nope

Or a woman who thought it best to cause chaos to everyone on that train and all the other trains now held up, and all the people waiting at stations further down the line, by up by breaking the law and jumping onto a railway track in full view of her crying kid, instead of doing what most sensible people and good parents would do, take your kid away from the situation asap. Not excusing the abuse in the slightest, it was wrong, but blown all out of proportion by a self-righteous attention seeker.

My guess is that she's deliberately gone to the press to try and avoid any sort of fine from the train company or police as a result of their investigation.

Have a go hero?......... or inconsiderate, selfish bellend. I'm sorry, but although I have sympathy with her situation, the way she reacted was totally selfish, over the top and out of order. If a City fan had jumped on the track just because he had been verbally abused by a group of lads they would have thrown the book at him. :evil:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:You've also got to ask yourself who actually went to the press with the story, the "hooligans?"...nope, British Rail?......nope, the Police?......Nope

Or a woman who thought it best to cause chaos to everyone on that train and all the other trains now held up, and all the people waiting at stations further down the line, by up by breaking the law and jumping onto a railway track in full view of her crying kid, instead of doing what most sensible people and good parents would do, take your kid away from the situation asap. Not excusing the abuse in the slightest, it was wrong, but blown all out of proportion by a self-righteous attention seeker.

My guess is that she's deliberately gone to the press to try and avoid any sort of fine from the train company or police as a result of their investigation.

Have a go hero?......... or inconsiderate, selfish bellend. I'm sorry, but although I have sympathy with her situation, the way she reacted was totally selfish, over the top and out of order. If a City fan had jumped on the track just because he had been verbally abused by a group of lads they would have thrown the book at him. :evil:

WELL SAID :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:43 pm

This is more of a selfish look at me thing than anything else.

If she was that bothered she should have spoken to someone first and foremost as opposed to challenging this gang of ruthless violent drunk thugs.

The fact that she's getting so much press is embarrassing and shows what a state this easily offended country is fast becoming. The press are just a sbad for glamourising it, but thats what they do when it comes to football fans.

She should be fined and that the end of it.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:04 pm

krab wrote:if we ever get to the prem,this is the type of stuff the english press will relish on :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 pm

most of the things said in the media about this is absolute bollocks.. none of the boys we're drunken yob's.. we were a few boys who went to watch the football and had a few pints.. also, we did not shout a string of 4 letter words at her, we was singing "naughty girl" and "sit down and behave yourself" after she had slapped one of the men infront of us for telling her to shut up when she started shouting and screaming because they was singing get your tits out to some woman on heath high level who loved it :P , and singing cardiff songs.. we did not abuse her child of husband as she says on the article's and she was not crying or shaking.. she was just attention seeking in my opinion.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:12 pm

she should come down to CCS before the wurzel game and walk around the pitch so we can sing an apology to her (and her t1ts!) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23682
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:You've also got to ask yourself who actually went to the press with the story, the "hooligans?"...nope, British Rail?......nope, the Police?......Nope

I think I was on that train mate. I say think because I don't remember the woman there or her getting any abuse.

There were City fans on there. A fairly loud group of youngsters - about 8 of them and a few older very drunk guys.

The train left Central with about 20 ish people on board in total , so where he gets the 30-strong mob from I've no idea. 2/3 of these were just sitting aorund and chatting.

The young lads were winding up one of the drunk guys who was sat in front of me and kept waking up shouting some abuse at them then collapsing back down.

When the train pulled into Queen St the kids chanted 'gets your tits out for the lads' to a pretty girl on the platform who seemed quite oblivious to it. i guess this is when the pompous woman must have got up and started the argument. As I said I didn't see this which was strange as it couldn't have been more than 10 yards away.

I was more troubled by the drunk older guy who kept getting up and swearing with a group of 13/14 year old girls between him and the younger City fans in the next carriage, so eventually I got up and stood between him and the girls and asked him calmly to sit down - which he did -well collpased more than anything. :lol:

It all seemed pretty cool then until we jumped off in Caerphilly.

It seems to me that she was looking for a confrontation thinking the noisy lot were just kids and needed to be told and now she's had a few people back her she is looking for all the attention she can get.

Nothing compared to the stories my mum has come back with in the past- she shops religiously in Cardiff every Sat. Mainly rugby fans misbehaving, but 25 years ago she came back telling me that the conductor had been hung out of the window and the footy fans on there were peeing out of the window as the train as it went along the track. :o

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Wales Today leading on it...5 minutes already !

It does make me sick that the media outlets on both sides of the border conveniently ignore episodes of anti social behaviour by the eggers but whether it's pissed up kids supporting CCFC or Welsh Rugby fans causing trouble if found guilty they should have the book thrown at them.

Have to say though 'the have a go hero' woman on telly does look as if she smiles once first thing in the morning to get it out of the way !

Equally though we have to admit that we do have a sizeable proportion of 'fans' who are a total pain in the arse, it's just a hell of a shame that the misdeeds of some Welsh Rugby fans isn't deemed news worthy in the same way.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 pm

bargoedbluebird wrote:most of the things said in the media about this is absolute bollocks.. none of the boys we're drunken yob's.. we were a few boys who went to watch the football and had a few pints.. also, we did not shout a string of 4 letter words at her, we was singing "naughty girl" and "sit down and behave yourself" after she had slapped one of the men infront of us for telling her to shut up when she started shouting and screaming because they was singing get your tits out to some woman on heath high level who loved it :P , and singing cardiff songs.. we did not abuse her child of husband as she says on the article's and she was not crying or shaking.. she was just attention seeking in my opinion.

this is the other side of the story which is always good to hear :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:01 pm

bargoedbluebird wrote:most of the things said in the media about this is absolute bollocks.. none of the boys we're drunken yob's.. we were a few boys who went to watch the football and had a few pints.. also, we did not shout a string of 4 letter words at her, we was singing "naughty girl" and "sit down and behave yourself" after she had slapped one of the men infront of us for telling her to shut up when she started shouting and screaming because they was singing get your tits out to some woman on heath high level who loved it :P , and singing cardiff songs.. we did not abuse her child of husband as she says on the article's and she was not crying or shaking.. she was just attention seeking in my opinion.

Just to confirm this was the train I was also on was it about 5ish from Central ?

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Just to confirm this was the train I was also on was it about 5ish from Central ?

Hi Lawnmower, I see TLG had a pop at you on the other board for daring to suggest that you "may have" been on the train without definite proof or hard facts to back it up :lol: Little things like that seem to really bother him :lol:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Hi Lawnmower, I see TLG had a pop at you on the other board for daring to suggest that you "may have" been on the train without definite proof or hard facts to back it up :lol: Little things like that seem to really bother him :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Just to confirm this was the train I was also on was it about 5ish from Central ?[/quote]

Hi Lawnmower, I see TLG had a pop at you on the other board for daring to suggest that you "may have" been on the train without definite proof or hard facts to back it up :lol: Little things like that seem to really bother him :lol:[/quote]

He'd make a great lawyer.

I'm ready to plead guilty and admit I walked home from Cardiff. :lol:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Just to confirm this was the train I was also on was it about 5ish from Central ?

Hi Lawnmower, I see TLG had a pop at you on the other board for daring to suggest that you "may have" been on the train without definite proof or hard facts to back it up :lol: Little things like that seem to really bother him :lol:[/quote]

He'd make a great lawyer.

I'm ready to plead guilty and admit I walked home from Cardiff. :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Lawnmower, the only way to win against the petty mind of TLG is by refusing to participate, he's not troubled by the notion of achieving a resolution when there are pointless trivialities to argue about. He's an intelligent guy that could achieve great things, but for reasons only known to himself, he prefers to put all his efforts into picking keyboard fights for no apparent reason. :lol: